It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burger King has 'disturbing trend' of serving undercooked meat

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Burger King has 'disturbing trend' of serving undercooked meat

mynorthwest.com

Improper cooking techniques have resulted in "dangerously undercooked" hamburger patties being served at Burger King restaurants across Washington state, and health officials are concerned the problem could be happening in franchises nationwide.

After discovering similar violations across at least 10 counties statewide, the State Health Department sent Burger King a letter on September 1, with their findings.

"We are deeply concerned about reports relating to undercooking hamburgers at many Burger Kings in our state," read the letter, obtained by KIRO Radio. "Inspection reports fr
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
mynorthwest.com
mynorthwest.com

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I had actually JUST gotten done eaten at Burger King when I heard this on the radio today and it had me a bit concerned. It seems there are a number of issues at hand. The piece of equipment the "Duke Flamebroiler" seems to under cook meat when the ceramic tiles are broken, and every establishment uses them. The other big issue is the amount of under trained employees. Many didn't know they should discard under cooked patties, and some didn't even know what temperature the meat should be cooked to. This may become a big problem for the company. Listen to the last link link provided, it's an audio clip. So will you be eating at Burger King anytime soon?

mynorthwest.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bc664a8389f7.jpg[/atsimg]

A local listener to that radio broadcast sent in this picture of a burger from Burger King. The one I had today was actually pretty darn good, but I won't be eating there again for awhile.

"Just undercooking things by 10 degrees can cause a significant public health concern. It could allow E. coli or salmonella to remain in the hamburger," he said. "A child might be ingesting literally hundreds of these bacteria. It's the reason why cook temps are 160 degrees for hamburgers; slight variations in temperature can mean the difference between life and death."

edit on 7-9-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Here's a health tip, don't eat fastfood, it's all poisonous. Burger King happens to be serving poison undercooked.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I did a course in Health and Hygiene years ago, the tutor told us you would have to near frazzle a burger or a sausage to cook it properly! I've never eaten either since then....

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I didn't know anyone still ate at Burger King....well, maybe if you're a college student who has the munchies after hours. I think I was in my early twenties last time I ate there.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
We have two burger kings where I live. Both of them are super disgusting. Not just the quality of the food but the cleanliness of the establishments. There are never any clean tables, condiments are never stocked, playlands disgusting. My brother in law used to be a manager at one and he even told me that quality and cleanliness were never a huge priority.

There is seldom anyone in these establishments save bar rush. I honestly don't know how they stay in business.

I used to think there were all this way until I went to a few in southern Ontario. They were fine and its the only time I had properly cooked BK.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Why would you eat anything from Burger King, or any fast food establishment for that matter, in the first place? You already know it's bad for you.

The "disturbing trend" isn't the temperature of the meat; but the fact that enough people buy their products to keep them in business at all is quite disconcerting.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

edit on 7-9-2011 by Anunaki2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

The one I was t today was actually pretty seedy too. It seemed clean enough but I must say everyone in there looked to be a scumbag (excluding my handsome self). I've only eaten there a handful of times and for some reason remember it being better.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Over here in Germany, the Burgers are alright, i check them out before i eat em. What can i say? i like, i never had problems with the "king"

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The Burger King I go to is always clean and the burgers are always fully cooked. The patties are thin I don't see how you could under cook it lol.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnowledgeIsPowre
Here's a health tip, don't eat fastfood, it's all poisonous. Burger King happens to be serving poison undercooked.

This is a blatant lie. I had a Bacon Double Cheeseburger at lunch from Burger King and I am still alive. In fact I have had one of these burgers once a week for 10 years and still going strong.

You sir.....are full of disinformation.

This news comes after the dismissal of "The King." Perhaps they should reconsider?
edit on 7-9-2011 by Carseller4 because: because

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

There was a time where these fast food places held employees to much higher standards. Hell I can remember being turned down for a job at Micky dees because of my long hair and earring. Now the people who work at these places look like crack addicts, have no hairnets and have the hygiene of homeless people.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I gave up fast food years ago, partly because
I think it taste terrible and the fact that so
many places under cook the food, their
are unsanitary conditions at the restaurants
and I would rather eat less and healthy. I
saw some workers at McDonalds playing around
near the grill flipping burgers in the air, when
they would fall to the floor they just picked them
up and put them back on the grill. Quit eating
this junk people. Burgers are easy to fix at
home with real beef. I use an electric griddle that
is non stick and easy to clean. Make your paddies,
put them on and make sure they are done before
eating. Ummm Ummm good!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I think you all are missing the real news story here.
Burger King uses real MEAT in their patties???
This sounds like a conspiracy to me.
Come out with a fake news story claiming BK undercooks their meat at some restraunts and lo and behold,
buisness starts picking up because of all the people wanting a burger with real meat!!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

In moderation its OK but fast food has been proven to have almost triple the calories and tons of fat and sodium.

Some people eat at these places several times a day. The additives can also make some addicted to the food and there are alot of diabetic causing agents in the food.

This and its quite expensive if done often.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The pic of the burger looks terrible!
What is the white stuff on top of the
dried looking cheese. Please don't
tell me that is lettuce

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Meh I'm not a huge fast food buff but I only had 15 minutes to get to the lawyers office and I was famished. There is no harm in a burger now and again.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
reply to post by Carseller4

In moderation its OK but fast food has been proven to have almost triple the calories and tons of fat and sodium.

Some people eat at these places several times a day. The additives can also make some addicted to the food and there are alot of diabetic causing agents in the food.

This and its quite expensive if done often.

I think saying 'additives' make you addicted to food is a cop out instead of taking responsibility for ones eating habits.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join