It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Complete Survival Kit Checklist

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

hello davesmart
winfields (uk) stock some good quality boots which are reasonable. i would however consider a boot with a 'vibram' type sole. they are excellent and i have had many years of service from them
from caving,rockhopping to sea kayak use. for general walkabout/backpacking i use a pair of s95 british army issue boots. not everybodies cup of tea but they fit me like slippers. if you buy a new pair of these, i would suggest softening the leather and wear two pair of socks to eliminate rubbing. size should be 1/2 to 1 size up from your normal fit.
happy boot hunting.
f

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
A roll of toilet paper is definitely a good suggestion! To cut down on space in your BOB, remove the inner tube, flatten the roll, then place it in a Ziploc bag. Even better, carry a small box of baby wipes. They will leave you feeling much cleaner and refreshed than a few sheets of TP will. The goal of survival isn't "roughin' it, but "smoothin' it" as much as possible.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
For me, a general rule of thumb for camping/survival gear is take what you need, and double that number to a logical point. 1 box of protein bars becomes 2, 5 fishing hooks becomes 10, 1 spare flashlight becomes 2, etc etc. I actually recall being able to treat an infection on my leg just because I brought an extra bottle of hydrogen peroxide and gauze pads. But it all depends on who is coming, your strength when it comes to carrying, and whatnot. Some people can only carry so much. Extra matches and tinder is a must.
edit on 17-9-2011 by Mach5 because: Grammar.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join