It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water powered Vehicles.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Ok,

there is what I observe in this thread:

(a) HCO molecule as storage of energy. The energy will have to be provided from your power outlet at home; assuming you drive for an hour each day, you will have to use approximately 100 kW energy for an hour. Let's divide this by two assuming that we are using some carbon here as well. Still 50kW*hour a day will run your bill by a few hundred dollars, even if you achieve 100% efficiency

(b) The BMW link assumes (if it works) that Aluminum is effectively used as fuel. While burning Al is kinda cool, the hydrogen production aint gonna work because Al is too easily oxydized, impending the process.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Not yet. It is something I want to do. Been busy making keys trying to pay the bills. Want to go to New Orleans Sunday to Tuesday. Already made plans two months ago. Looks like Ivan will cancel that. Maybe soon though.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
If you coat AL with mercury it will not oxidize and will destabilize 100,000 times faster than iron and turn to a rusty byproduct after releasing the energy. Does this help? See the latest article at www.popsci.com... for more details. This is why mercury isn't allowed on airplanes.

[edit on 15-9-2004 by TexasConspiracyNut]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Hi. I've been to the Naudin website many times. He does some very interesting experiments - he obviously has far more money to play with than I do though. I'm very interested in technologies such as Meyer's. I found out that many people can't discuss it on public forums, such as newsgroups etc., because they get constantly harrassed by unconstructive critics. So I created a website specially for this topic. If anyone is interested it is at waterfuel.org....

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
PsyDolphin;

thanks for the effort, but I feel that we should keep it here on a public forum, where there are obviously intelligent people who spend countless hours researching things to see if a statement if valid.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
i have some plans that i found on the internet relating to a public patent that i could e mail to interested people. i would hope that someone can build it and make it work. i do think that if it can work it would need to be used on a different engine then the kind used in todays cars because the water wapor will rust any engine i know of in use.

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom21014
i have some plans that i found on the internet relating to a public patent that i could e mail to interested people. i would hope that someone can build it and make it work. i do think that if it can work it would need to be used on a different engine then the kind used in todays cars because the water wapor will rust any engine i know of in use.

I am interested, but why not post a link to it?

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I just want to say thanks to everyone who has commented and had input into this. it is a great idea, and something about energy consumption has to be done, especially the way the oil monopoly is running these days.

I don't really have anything to add, as I am not very scientifically minded, except good luck to anyone with research and trying to get something out there. Always believe that it can be done, and the answers will find yuo.

M@

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
possible to still get your plans for this waterpowered, vehicle, idea? I'm interested in this project. If so please email a response at [email protected]

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
David Mamet's "The Water Engine"

To quote the immortal words from the movie "Stripes"...."Lighten up, Francis!"

A water engine is possible, so make it. Sell it. If anyone here really believes that this technology is sooo important to humanity, they'll offer it up like Linux and have the open source available to anyone.

Then maybe we'll all have to merely attach the garden hose to tank up.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Hi there you can learn how to create yourown water powered car here run-your-car-on-water.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I am completely opposed to the idea of water powered vehicles, and (on an off topic note) vehicles powered by ethanol derived from crops and vegetables. Too many precious resources are being consumed! I don't know why people don't look more into electrical and solar powered vehicles... Sunlight is an infinite resource. Oil, Water, and Food are not.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
While this is interesting tech and I hope to experiment myself, we should stop to consider the fact that water vapour is the top greenhouse gas. So what would happen if we had billions of engines spewing out steam into the atmosphere. Perhaps exhaust condensers would have to be made a legal requirement. As the previous poster said, where would we get the water if everyone was using these engines? Certainly can't spare much drinking water.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catfish
I am completely opposed to the idea of water powered vehicles, and (on an off topic note) vehicles powered by ethanol derived from crops and vegetables. Too many precious resources are being consumed! I don't know why people don't look more into electrical and solar powered vehicles... Sunlight is an infinite resource. Oil, Water, and Food are not.

Correct me if im wrong, but wouldnt water that is used in these cars/engines/whatever just condense and fall back to the world as rain? Hardly any water lost I'd say?

I agree on beeing against vehicles that run on food though
I wouldnt want to drive a car that could feed a whole town for every mile i drive.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
VIDEO TIME!

Daniel Dingel water car

Genepax water car

Kanzius salt water fuel

All theories aside, I kinda want one of these things to be actually working right now, but no such luck so far.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join