It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water powered Vehicles.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekial
I recently recieved a large amout of data from a friend in the Australian Army detailing how to convert your regular internal combustion engine so it can run off normal tap water.

Are you planning on doing this conversion?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think these are the Stanley Meyer plans. I once posted a link to a video which showed him driving his water powered car.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Hi Ezekial good question.

Look well the folowing, and step by step do it:

www.onnouscachetout.com...

ENTER (in the center )

click on: aficher la liste complete des articles

go to: sciences & tecnologie

click: Introduction au moteur GEET - Paul Panton

enregistred it

click: comment construire un moteur economique et ecologique

de type PANTON (GEET )

enregistred.

You will find a french man/ woman to translate for you.

ATENTION:every ministry of finances LOVE THE TAXPAYERS.

P.S. If know litle plombery you are OK.

Good luck chapo

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The conversion of water to gas through electrolysis is roughly 50% efficient. You're going to have to either charge the car or supplement the system with conventional fuels, solar power, etc. Don't waste all of your money on an idea that isn't going to work.

The reason hydrogen fuel cells are so popular is because they gather more of the energy from the joining of hydrogen and oxygen than a combustion engine would.

EDIT:
When I was trying to verify my statistic I found that it was off. But still - when you combine that efficency loss with the efficiency loss of an internal combustion engine, you're not winning by any means.

[edit on 8/23/2004 by shbaz]

who

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I remember hearing a while back that the internal combustion engine has been obsolete for over 50 years, so Im not surprised at all if this technology does exist. I hate to sound like a broken record, but big oil has big money to keep this kind of thing quiet. We need an evolution in technology before its too late.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by who
I remember hearing a while back that the internal combustion engine has been obsolete for over 50 years, so Im not surprised at all if this technology does exist. I hate to sound like a broken record, but big oil has big money to keep this kind of thing quiet. We need an evolution in technology before its too late.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Faraday had discovered electrolysis in, say, 1840?

Seriously guys, this isn't over-unity and the process is well known to even high school chemistry students.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I suggest before studying the "plan" you do some research on the conservation of energy in nature. While it is possible (and indeed trivial) to convert water into hydrogen and oxygen, you can only get as much energy from burning them back to water, as you spent on splitting them upfront. Duh.

So you must carry one big battery to be able to move your car in the first place... All in all, humorous writing intended for uneducated people

[edit on 23-8-2004 by Aelita]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
paul pantone is a scam artist , he takes peoples $$ and then spends it on lawsuits from pevious dis-satisfied investors . I have seen the videos , researched his claims , and have found no "conversion" motors for sale . Sounds like an efficient vapor carb in action .

It may be efficient , but you need a supercollider to transmute elements , not the motor form your lawnmower .

[edit on 23-8-2004 by oddtodd]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by who
We need an evolution in technology before its too late.

Hybrid gas/electric, pure electric, and fuel cell vehicles are operational and on the road right now. No new technology is required. The original internal combustion engine, if I haven't been deceived, was water powered no?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
The original internal combustion engine, if I haven't been deceived, was water powered no?

Combustion requires ignition of an explosive, so what you are referring to is the steam piston engine, right? If not, diesel and alcohol were the first fuels to be used in combustion engines so far as I know.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
One of my favorite sites: theverylastpageoftheinternet.com...

And the plans for water powered engines from that site: theverylastpageoftheinternet.com...

(same plans that were posted earlier. This site also has GEET plans, but I'm extremely skeptical about GEET)

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
[edit on 10/2/2004 by esther]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by esther

P.S. Seriously, could this water thing really work? I don't know jack about cars, but could it in theory be pulled off?

It can't, because of conservation of energy. You need to expend at least as much energy to do the electrolysis, before you get the hydrogen you want to burn in the engine.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Actually you can use only a slight bit of electricity to accomplish what Electrolisis does, by using a resonant frequency. The only problem is that the amount of hydrogen is not enough to meet the demands of the internal combustion engine. It may take many more years before something like this become a reality.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sigma
Actually you can use only a slight bit of electricity to accomplish what Electrolisis does, by using a resonant frequency. The only problem is that the amount of hydrogen is not enough to meet the demands of the internal combustion engine. It may take many more years before something like this become a reality.

.. except for hydrogen fuel cells, which make electricity at a far greater energy efficiency than you would get from burning the gases.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Actually you can use only a slight bit of electricity to accomplish what Electrolisis does, by using a resonant frequency.

So where is the energy coming from?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Heres a site were you can buy your own model kit of a car that runs on water or solar energy. I want to build a full scale model

scientificsonline.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

Actually you can use only a slight bit of electricity to accomplish what Electrolisis does, by using a resonant frequency.

So where is the energy coming from?

I've never seen this actually done, but the theory is that the electricity vibrates at a frequency that not only breaks the bonds electrically, but causes them to shatter simply because of the frequency, for the same reason that glass breaks when the proper sound frequency is reached.

So far as I know, the concept is unproven.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by shbaz
for the same reason that glass breaks when the proper sound frequency is reached.

So far as I know, the concept is unproven.

Listen up: the glass breaks from accumulation of the acoustic energy. So you are supplying energy little by little, but the total will be enough to break the glass. No magic here.

Same when you are on the swing -- you swing little by little, and eventually accumulate enough to fly really high.

In either case, the energy is conserved, i.e. you didn't just start swinging because of the resonance, you still did the work.

So don't look for the "concept" to be proven, it's against the fundamental law of physics.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
>So don't look for the "concept" to be proven, it's against the fundamental law of physics. >

Dont you mean the fundamental theory of physics?

Electricity itself is not even a theory. It is a phenomenon.

It has remained unexplained ever since Thales discovered that the amber he picked up on the beach attracted lint from his robe.

Never say never.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join