I miss former President Bill Clinton, everyone agreed?

page: 3
7
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
For future reference, here's a hint. No matter what you submit, if you include "everyone agree?" the answer is


NO

Just trying to assist.




posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15
When Bill took office, there was a huge federal deficit, high inflation and high unemployment. Before he left office, we had the best economy in our history. Low inflation, low unemployment and a record high federal surplus. He did much more evil things than receive a ********. He used federal law enforcement to stage a military size attack on a church commune where over 200 people were burned alive. He could be a blood thirsty monster. But he also gave us the best economy in our history.


He created the bubbles that burst under Bush and caused many of the economic problems we have now. He also stoked the Islamic extremists conflict that Bush ended up having to deal with. Your problem is believing everything the MSM tells you. Or in this case, doesnt tell you.



posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrDesolate
For future reference, here's a hint. No matter what you submit, if you include "everyone agree?" the answer is


NO

Just trying to assist.


Like i said it's disagree or agree, i be happy to answer.



posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Love 'em or hate 'em,

The main thing he'll be remembered for, was doing to Monica in private what all other Presidents since, are doing to us, right out in the open.

So, secretly screw one, or publicly do the masses and smile...

I know which I prefer!



posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Support the man that sold it all to China? Don't you see yet why the revenues were up?



posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I miss Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, John Adams, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and McDonald's McRib! Come on...during the Iran/Contra scandal while Nancy Reagan was promoting "SAY NO" her husband and the rest of the elite were shipping in coc aine from Nicaragua into the US in exchange for weapons. The drugs were being flown into Arkansas and guess who was governor?? Your boy Clinton...and they bust people for pot. Bill Clinton is an elitist scumbag backed by the bankers!



posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15
 


I would agree with you that during his time as president, generally, the american people were in good spirits and the economy was generally sound, my argument is that Clinton had nothing to do with that, other than building a bubble that was doomed to burst. I would also add that his policies can be traced as the exact cause of many of the economic problems the country faces right now.

The economic mess started on his watch, by the way, does the dot com bubble sound familiar? It built and burst on his watch, how can he be praised for his economic policies with this evidence? One can't praise him for the economy while the bubble is forming yet ignore his responsibility when the bubble burst, can they?

Just to mention it again, Repeal of the Glass–Steagall Act = legalizing the mortgage derivative mess = Bank Bailouts = Clinton and Gore policy.

I would also agree with you that Bush, Bush, and Obama are not worthy of praise, I only disagree that Clinton is any better, I would say he was just as bad, the evidence I have presented speaks for itself. Thanks for the discussion, I understand that generally things were not as bad then as they have been for the last 10 years but I just fail to find how anything major that Clinton did was directly responsible for that generally "good" period of time.

Everything that I look at that took place during his presidency seems to suggest the opposite. I feel this also brings up a valid question. Is the true judge of a presidency the time in which that presidency took place or the legacy of the decisions made by that president after they have left office? I would say both have to be taken into consideration. I have only been able to find negatives from the Clinton era.

I hope you don't take my response the wrong way. Thanks for the discussion.



posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15
When Bill took office, there was a huge federal deficit, high inflation and high unemployment. Before he left office, we had the best economy in our history. Low inflation, low unemployment and a record high federal surplus. He did much more evil things than receive a ********. He used federal law enforcement to stage a military size attack on a church commune where over 200 people were burned alive. He could be a blood thirsty monster. But he also gave us the best economy in our history.


No, I don't agree. Clinton is a major reason we are in the economic crisis we are in. Outsourcing, nafta, cafta, and many other de-regulations that he put into effect paved the way for Bush, and now obama, to run this country into the ground.

The last (at least) 7 presidents have had nearly the exact same agenda, and each has opened the door for the next to strangle the american people more.

Clinton was no different than obama or bush.



posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The legacy of Bill Clinton:
"Free Trade" = the destruction of the American Manufacturing base.
Pressuring Fannie/Freddie to lower standards for loans = housing bubble
Repeal of Glass Steagall = no more seperation b/n banking and finance = crazy derivatives gambling
He holds a considerable amount of responsibility for the crash of 2008 and the current lack of jobs

Waco. Ruby Ridge. He ramped up some anti-gun rhetoric and massively abused DOJ powers. Granted, it was only a warm up to Bush/Obama's DHS, but these things happen incrementally.

Economy and deficit in the 90s: Technology boom that had absolutely nothing to do with Bubba or Al Gore. Also, picking little air wars to make him look tough but not have to spend much blood or money must've been nice. He's lucky to have served b/n the end of the Cold War and GWOT. Believe me, there were times when he was itching to have an actual conflict (ie after Lewinsky broke and he started arbitrarily bombing Saddam).

Yep. Bill Clinton sucked as bad as Reagan, the Bushes, and Obama.



posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sageofmonticello
reply to post by Paulioetc15
 


I would agree with you that during his time as president, generally, the american people were in good spirits and the economy was generally sound, my argument is that Clinton had nothing to do with that, other than building a bubble that was doomed to burst. I would also add that his policies can be traced as the exact cause of many of the economic problems the country faces right now.

The economic mess started on his watch, by the way, does the dot com bubble sound familiar? It built and burst on his watch, how can he be praised for his economic policies with this evidence? One can't praise him for the economy while the bubble is forming yet ignore his responsibility when the bubble burst, can they?

Just to mention it again, Repeal of the Glass–Steagall Act = legalizing the mortgage derivative mess = Bank Bailouts = Clinton and Gore policy.

I would also agree with you that Bush, Bush, and Obama are not worthy of praise, I only disagree that Clinton is any better, I would say he was just as bad, the evidence I have presented speaks for itself. Thanks for the discussion, I understand that generally things were not as bad then as they have been for the last 10 years but I just fail to find how anything major that Clinton did was directly responsible for that generally "good" period of time.

Everything that I look at that took place during his presidency seems to suggest the opposite. I feel this also brings up a valid question. Is the true judge of a presidency the time in which that presidency took place or the legacy of the decisions made by that president after they have left office? I would say both have to be taken into consideration. I have only been able to find negatives from the Clinton era.

I hope you don't take my response the wrong way. Thanks for the discussion.


Nah no problem, it's good discussing with other people regarding issues. Anyways why is everyone obessed about Bill Clinton affair with Monica anyways?
edit on 7-9-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack



I miss former President Bill Clinton

are you monica levinski ?
edit on 7-9-2011 by icepack because: (no reason given)


No, are you bill o gay Reilly?



posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by radosta
 


Yeah Bill sucked. But You have to give Him credit for getting Monica, and others to suck also



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jondave
reply to post by radosta
 


Yeah Bill sucked. But You have to give Him credit for getting Monica, and others to suck also


Why is everyone making a big deal about off Bill with Monica or something?



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15
 


I don't really know? You would have to ask someone who is obsessed with the Monica thing.

My thoughts? Well, It's a lie he told to everyone's face without thought or hesitation. It makes one wonder what else he has lied to Americans about because of the ease and skill in which he did it. It calls into question every statement he has ever made.

That would be my best guess why people latch on to the Monica thing. Also, I think maybe it could be, if you can't keep a pledge to your wife how can you keep a pledge to your country. I dunno to be honest, just my guesses, it never really bothered me or changed my already negative opinion of the man.



edit on 8-9-2011 by sageofmonticello because: clarify a bit



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sageofmonticello
reply to post by Paulioetc15
 


I don't really know? You would have to ask someone who is obsessed with the Monica thing.

My thoughts? Well, It's a lie he told to everyone's face without thought or hesitation. It makes one wonder what else he has lied to Americans about because of the ease and skill in which he did it. It calls into question every statement he has ever made.

That would be my best guess why people latch on to the Monica thing. Also, I think maybe it could be, if you can't keep a pledge to your wife how can you keep a pledge to your country. I dunno to be honest, just my guesses, it never really bothered me or changed my already negative opinion of the man.



edit on 8-9-2011 by sageofmonticello because: clarify a bit


I don't know but what does Clinton nuts had to do with anyone else business?



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This thread is why I love ATS. You cannot even dare blam Bush for one single thing that happened the moment he left office but the same posters that try to "enforce" that still cry about how Clinton screwed up things today. Amazing how Bush and Reagan apparently had no lasting effect and were perfect but Clinton was all bad and Obama was all bad the day he was sworn in. That is ATS logic.



posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sevensight
This thread is why I love ATS. You cannot even dare blam Bush for one single thing that happened the moment he left office but the same posters that try to "enforce" that still cry about how Clinton screwed up things today. Amazing how Bush and Reagan apparently had no lasting effect and were perfect but Clinton was all bad and Obama was all bad the day he was sworn in. That is ATS logic.


ATS? This threat is why i miss Clinton in the 1st place and all the good times we have been in.



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
DO U AGREE:
Most people forget that Clinton ruined a young girls life and I know it takes two to tango but really can that kid go anywhere without being made a joke of yet people look up to this guy and his wife. Shame Shame Shame



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillfromCovina
Hell No. Murderer, drug runner, warmonger, and liar. I also voted for the Democrats in the last election. The deficit they talk about was only our yearly budget deficit and the figures are manipulated. Our true overall deficit continued to grow. Clinton was also instrumental in relaxing the banking rules which helped this crisis along.




It's amazing that so many don't know what this man stands for. They see him glamorized in the media or people joking about his sexual escapades.

People would do well to study the antics of Clinton when he provided cover for the CIA coc aine smuggling operation in Mena Arkansas. There were tons of bodies quite literally buried over that disaster -- including a couple of very young kids.

Youtube has numerous videos where witnesses name names, dates and places.



posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
We had the dawning of computers, the internet and telecommunications during the Clinton years. Only an absolute dufus could have screwed it up. Clinton did though, by pushing through NAFTA, taking down Glass-Steagal, etc. All the good that occurred economically during the 90's was destroyed before Clinton ever left office. We should be living in a world where everyone's lifestyle is advancing rather than declining. Clinton is a big reason why this isn't so





top topics
 
7
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join