It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Qatar Emir survives an attempted assassination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Qatar Emir survives an attempted assassination

www.statestimes.net

Thе gunmen fired аt Qatari Emir’s motorcade, whісh crashed οn thе way tο thе Palace whеrе thе meeting between Qatari Emir аnԁ Russian envoy wаѕ tο take рƖасе.

Thе incident left Qatari Emir injured. Hе wаѕ taken tο thе sickbay wіth eight others whο wеrе wounded
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
French Journalist Reveals the Purpose of NATO's Invasion on Tripoli

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
So along with the related thread we're seeing another spread of hostilities in the region involving Qatar. Could this be a retaliation by forces loyal to Gadhaffi for Qatar's involvement in the invasion of Libya?

I'm reminded of an assassination which kicked off a world war. I wonder where Russia stands in all of this, it's interesting that the assassination attempt was planned around their meeting. Maybe there are more clandestine forces at work here than we are surmising.

www.statestimes.net
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6/9/11 by Darce because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I could see mossad being behind this. If that comes out I see a russian/iranian/chinese strike against them. Which would then force the US to retaliate and there ya go, open world warfare.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by accentedsoul

Yep. Could expect fingers pointing at Syria or Iran but the brutal crackdowns of protesters in Qatar will continue with no Mainstream Media coverage.

edit on 6-9-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

I believe you are mistaken, there have been no protests against the government of Qatar.

edit on 6-9-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

I believe you are mistaken, there have been no protests against the government of Qatar.

edit on 6-9-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

Not that u know of

My friend have been in Qatar 4days are and he said they told them on airport not to go in certain places in center of Doha.He said there was gun shots fired during the day several times.... Maybe they celebrated Christmas earlier this year

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
sounds like the work of AlCIAeda...

next he'll be suicided.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
From a related discussion; video shows Qatar flag flying over Gaddafis compound soon after it was occupied by "Rebel" insurgents. This correlates with the related topic about Qatar Army troops invading Tripoli. It was essentially their victory, so that's where their flag should fly.

Video; Gaddafi's battered compound

Related discussion; Was This Flimed In Qatar? Qatar Flag On Top Of Gaddafi compound?

top topics

join