It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Coincidence Theorist's Guide to 9/11 - Skeptic or Believer, do some questions need to be asked?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Hello ATS

It is almost ten years since 9/11 and it is still a contentious issue for many people.
Whether you believe in the official version or the conspiracy theories, there are things (I think) that both sides should and can agree on.......

1. 3000 innocent people died that day and that their deaths should never be forgotten or futile.

2. All evidence should be heard and the truth, whatever the consequences and however hard it may be for some people to hear, should be told.

I found this article online. It is worth a read even if it is a little bit old. I think it highlights some of the inconsitencies with 9/11 and offers some reasons why the conspiracy theories have come to exist.

rigorousintuition.blogspot.com...

The Coincidence Theorist's Guide to 9/11
I posted an earlier version of this last week at Democratic Underground. I've added a number of more entries, and links for all.

Happy coincidenting!

The article offers links to various news sources, some are very interesting.

For instance:

That in the weeks before 9/11, FBI agent Colleen Rowley found her investigation of Zacarias Moussaoui so perversely thwarted that her colleagues joked that bin Laden had a mole at the FBI, proves the stress-relieving virtue of humour in the workplace.

and

That George Bush had plans to invade Afghanistan on his desk before 9/11 demonstrates only the value of being prepared.

I do think that are unanswered questions about 9/11 and that in itself is suspicious.

I believe that terrorists flew planes into the Twin Towers and the Pentagon. And I believe that some people within the U.S government didn't do their job properly and that their negligence may have allowed it to happen.

However, I also believe that the some part of the U.S government knew that this was going to happen and they let it.

I also believe that a cover-up happened after the event and the investigation was deliberately hindered and under funded so that the full story wouldn't be revealed.

I do not think any of those statements are contradictory or unreasonable when the evidence is presented.

What do you think?

edit on 6-9-2011 by doubleplusungood because: changed title

edit on 6-9-2011 by doubleplusungood because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by doubleplusungood

I also believe that a cover-up happened after the event and the investigation was deliberately hindered and under funded so that the full story wouldn't be revealed.

Regardless of how far down the rabbit hole you are willing to go, that simple fact remains, regardless of the theory you personally believe, the very people tasked with investigating it said that the investigation was merely a white wash to complete the official account, not actually investigate. As well, many involved reported being obstructed in their investigation by the government.

Quite a few coincidences if you add them all up, it's really hard to argue against another open investigation once you look at the information provided. At least I can't get my head around it. the people that lost loved ones want answers, why shouldn't we at least try? Best case scenario the official story is true, proven as such, and the entire conspiracy is laid to rest. Worst case scenario, we are right, the official story is a crock, and we can finally bring those families some justice.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I agree with that sentiment 100%. A complete and thorough investigation needs to take place whatever the results may be.
I think the number and prevelance of the conspiracy theories hinders the legitmate questions that should have been asked.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The simple fact that the very goverment which was victum to the attacks, has stonewalled and obstructed most every avenue of ever finding out the true facts of 9/11.
This is NOT the actions of an innocent victum.
There was a high degree of complicity within the US Gov and Intelligence services, this is more than glaringly obvious.
As is the (IMHO)"fact" That the cover up and stonewalling has gone right up to and including the white house and POTUS.
The 9/11 commission was cherry picked to assist int the obfuscation of the crime, more than the solving of it.
Missing a whole building, which was the most curious collapse of all, and greatly concerning to those who have been engineering steel frame buildings....For this building was not even hit by any plane!
The damage to it was insufficient to cause catastrophic failure,and water was available in plentitude to fight the inconsequential fires within it.
Testimony from eyewitness /victums state categorically that explosions were going off in the sub basements BEFORE THE PLANES HIT!
The many shocking contradictions to the Goverment Conspracy Theory, get very little to no, coverage in the mainstream......and contrary facts about 9/11 are being covered up and buried as fast as possible by them.
The truth is, how many of us even remember the early wierd things media has buried, like the strange CELL PHONE calls made by the hijacked people.
These calls were, first of all near impossible to make from aircraft at that time...
The planes were likely not equipped with airphones either.some of them....
The words of the calls were stilted and strange for the nature of them too....
One man calling his mom says his full name to his mother when identifying himself....unless that was the first call in many years, he surely wouldnt have given her his last name would he?
Hello mom this is john Q Public?
The physics profs will tell you that not only were civil, military, and international law got broken that day,
The Immutable laws of physics too were bent to breaking pointy and beyond, as steel girdirs melted like wax at temps all other steel buildings experiencing same fires have withstood for far longer.
In fact these three buildings are the ONLY steel frame building to ever collapse in such fashion.
And further they went down at near free fall speeds too!
The massive concrete floors, reinforced with rebars of steel, turned to dust in the wind, completely pulverising themselves into easily removeable debris, along with steel girdirs which cut themselvs intothe right size chunks fto facillitaate the collapse and removal to china of them without any forensic investigations , even though these were the first ever collapses of such construction due to fire.
No FAA crash investigations ever took place either....????
many many anomalous questions point to very high level collusion and even involvement of the highest levels of the US govt and Isreali govt too.....

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

This is why a full investigation needs to take place. I have read that the phone calls were made on seat phones which were fitted on the plane. Introducing yourself with your full name to your mum does sound a little strange admittedly, I can think of some situations where that could happen though. Have you got a link for that?

I believe the U.S government is complicit in some things but I cannot and do not believe they had anything to do with the planning and execution of the attacks.

May I ask you a question?
Would you accept the findings of an independent investigation (if one was ever done)?
Even if it disagreed with what you believe happened on 9/11?

Cheers

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I was going to post a scathing review of the original link but then realised it was being sarcastic. Thanks for the laugh

There are a lot of Coincidence Theorists around here

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Afghanistan is crucial in tapping 12 billions woth of natural resources, without having to go through Iran.

top topics

join