It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone noticed an odd smell of rubber burning in diffirent places at diffirent times?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I found an older thread discussing fatigue and the burning rubber smell that raises some questions about whether " Sunlight" or maybe a change in light spectrum may be causing excess Ozone to be created at ground level....What do you think?

A Paste from the other thread...

"Ozone is a gas that forms in the atmosphere when 3 atoms of oxygen are combined (03). It is not emitted directly into the air, but at ground level is created by a chemical reaction between oxides of nitrogen (NOx), and volatile organic compounds (VOC) in the presence of sunlight. Ozone has the same chemical structure whether it occurs high above the earth or at ground level and can be "good" or "bad," depending on its location in the atmosphere.

Many thanks to IamJustanAmerican for this information...

The thread :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

respects

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
Mods please re-locate if in the wrong forum, thanks.

Since early August when out walking my wife, son and myself have noticed this strong smell of rubber burning ( Tyres?). We live in the west of Scotland, not near any manufacturer or factory that might be producing the smell.

On talking with friends they have also mentioned the smell and the fact that you could drive 20 miles from home smell it, then smell the exact same smell a day later in your own front garden.

Like others I checked the car etc with no sign of the aroma coming from it.

Is anyone else noticing this smell? or have suggestions to what it might be?. It would be interesting to find it is widespread and not just located to my home town.

I don't live in Scotland so I don't know if I could smell it or not. But here where I do live, in Indiana in the US, I have always smelled burning rubber at different times. I think it may just be from cars and truck. You ever notice how someone outside not sitting close to you smokes a cigarette and you smell it even though you are not close? Smells have an amazing way of traveling.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Hi I live in Greater Manchester and am sick of this horrible smell of burning rubber. It is worse at night and I've only really noticed it recently. I love my garden but the smell sends me indoors. Not pleasant.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Threegirls
Hi I live in Greater Manchester and am sick of this horrible smell of burning rubber. It is worse at night and I've only really noticed it recently. I love my garden but the smell sends me indoors. Not pleasant.

It's the never ending tire fire from the Simpsons.

LOL, I was just being funny. But that is sad you can't enjoy your days out. Could it be the smells wafting across England from the oil wells in the sea close to you?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I have a serious question for those who have smelled this. As noted on an earlier post, I've smelled this with a family member at the same time. Since I first read this thread, I've been looking into this and forming a theory. Maybe it's nothing...but it may be something pretty important. Hence, my question here.

Several have noted how hard to describe this smell has been, and ALSO mentioned it's transient nature. A few minutes, for example. Has anyone else noticed a smell at all similar to gun powder mixed in with the rubber smell?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

From my point of view the smell is burning rubber, tyres burning is the perfect description. It lingers, sometimes barely noticeable then very strong. I dont know what gun powder smells like so would be unable to say if theres a hint of it within the smell.

I would be interested in hearing more about your theory.

respects
edit on 12-9-2011 by captiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I was hoping for more response, but it's rude to ask something like this and then just leave so I'll share my theory. It's probably nothing but my mind works in odd ways sometimes in drawing connections between disparate bits of information. Bear with me a for a sec here.

What got me started thinking here was the passing nature of what I smelled and what other people smelled. It came and it went fairly quickly and then just gone like it hadn't been there. I realize some are near something else generating a near constant odor, but for others it's been a couple minute thing.

So, I sat back and wondered what could generate transient odors which sometimes repeat, sometimes don't and are (apparently) being noticed in areas all over the world. Well, the only answer I could come up with as a source is the sky. One thought led to another and I found myself looking at photos of the Phoenix Lights sightings (The major event...not the lanterns and flares hoaxers have done several times since) and the sheer size these things would be.

Phoenix Lights

A story on here just a few days ago showed video of 'breaking technology' to visually cloak a full size tank in an open field, so the fact these would rarely be seen wouldn't be a surprise with a number of generations beyond what the public just saw. Okay...So maybe there would be 'craft' large enough to smell if they'd been somewhere with a strong and distinct odor. Where would crafts some have estimated at a mile or more in size have been that would leave a very strong odor....visual camouflage or not?

That was the basis for my question...and perhaps I keyed on something about the thread for a story seen years ago, but there is something about Space that apparently everyone whose been there describe as very strong, distinct and unforgettable. Kinda like burned gunpowder/sulphur/ozone...but not quite. It's apparently very strong on anything that has been in the vacuum for any length of time.

Smell of Space

For the sake of argument lets leave UFO's entirely out of it beyond saying these are likely Military craft not some kind of invasion fleet.
There are other things that crossed my mind though...like the noises people are hearing in different areas of the world that seem to some from nowhere and everywhere at once. What would it sound like if a craft that enormous blew vents or something similar while in a low hover, essentially parked? Someone had also posted a video here recently showing clouds moving over and around a large circular area. Well, that one was a natural thing...but there are dozens of similar videos and more than a couple looked like more than what the natural explanations describe it should be.

Anyway... Thanks for humoring me with a reply on my rather curious question. The lack of anyone else relating to the smell as I tried to describe it. without a link to bias the answer, tells me it was nothing but more practice in researching things in all likelihood. Still though...It would have been downright tacky not to finish my thought once started like I did.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I smelled the "smell" again two days ago, and it popped into my mind what it reminded me of slightly, nail varnish remover -acetone
s+f for you, because somethings not right here, ive never smelt this smell ever, in my 43 years on this planet,

edit on 12-9-2011 by thedoctorswife because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Very respectfully, just to throw it out there as a possibility: Whatever type of area you are in at the time, could you be smelling a meth lab?
edit on 12/9/11 by sirenofthedead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirenofthedead
Very respectfully, just to throw it out there as a possibility: Whatever type of area you are in at the time, could you be smelling a meth lab?
edit on 12/9/11 by sirenofthedead because: (no reason given)

Sorry, was that to me? I dont know, ,maybe, i dont know what meth smells like. havnt done, not familiar with it. But it looks like odd smells in the UK.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Sorry if my post was a bit rambling there. My post time was evening, but it was wee hours of the morning on my body clock. I just came back to add this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is a thread that came up today, but shows an example of what I was talking about in the things being seen all over right now.

and..

www.bbc.co.uk...

That is the example of a Main Battle Tank fitted with gear to make it vanish entirely or mimic anything they'd like it to within similar size parameters. A little more googling should bring the Visual cloaking technology they have prototypes for now which is literally nothing more than countless tiny LEDs or displays to form an overall effect of re transmitting whatever is behind the object to visually appear as if nothing is there at all.

The sky would be the easiest to do it with I believe. What is simpler than mimicking a blue background or the clouds that are a chaotic pattern and always shifting anyway? It's not like anyone actually STUDIES what would otherwise seem to be a totally empty sky. Even when someone has been noticing odd things..or thousands of birds fall dead after hitting something in an empty sky (blunt force trauma as cause..yet nothing visible for the whle flock to hit as a group)....it's written off and ridiculed as a crackpot theory.

Anyway... Again, no one else seemed to key on the descriptions of Ozone w/burned rubber in the smell...so back to the drawing boards or at least wait until something more definitive than circles that look like natural phenomenon or passing odors that no one ever can track down appear to clarify matters.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ScubaGirl

It is a Skunk. Tonite we were hit by one, first the normal "Skunk" smell, Dad was breaking up some pot so we thought it was that, then there was a Horrid odor of burning rubber with hints of egg, the smell hits you in the chest. It seemed to drift thru the house like a living entity, then dissapated entirely.

Half an hour later it happened again from a different part of the house, the dog came in and, yep, he'd been sprayed. Do you have Skunks where you live? I swear I first thought that smell must be unearthly too.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
woke up this morning and much to my surprise as I have just moved to the coast I am smelling this odd burning rubber smell again. I have been smelling this in the city before and always blamed a factory nearby doing illegal stuff through the night but I have moved and on this still windless morning with sea air I can smell it again. It is horrible and feels like somethings going on that no one knows or talks about. What is it? I have had a full survey done with no landfill nearby?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I notice inii and on Miami Beach in wynwood everywhere a strange smell it sucks
Could it be a biowar?.I hate the smell
It's like gas and poo and semen. It's disgusting. What the # is that smell everywhere
Who can we ask about it?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Yes I'm scared. The airplanes pass by where I live. I notice a white airplane that emanates a white trail on one of the wings. Are we being poisoned. Please help! Also it causes to breath difficult. I hate it. The smell is thick gum like burning rotten eggs. It makes me sick and not able to sleep . it s also after it rains it intensifies the gummy smel. It's like hell. I'm scared now.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: thedoctorswife

Me too. I smell it. I hate it. Are we on a biochemical war? Please help.I'm in Miami. The airplanes pass by here all the time. Are we in trouble?it causes anxiety.smell of death.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Ypu should all check your local pesticide spraying schedule. This is common the world over to control water borne insects like mosquitos. I often smell a similar smell on nights they spray.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

It's real. I too smell it in Miami. It makes me nervous.I can't turn my air conditioning in my room on because the smell was nefaustos. It s thick like rotten eggs and burnt stuff. I'm scared . please help if you know who can we call to report this.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: thedoctorswife

Me neither. I never smell something like so horrific in Miami. Are we being poisoned?should we report to someone this is making me have very bad anxiety.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join