It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran offers 'full supervision' of nuclear program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
(Search yielded no results; apologies if already posted)

In a move aimed at alleviating international sanctions, Iran has offered to allow "full supervision" of their undeniably controversial nuclear program and activities:

www.google.com...

Iran has already faced intense scrutiny over their nuclear program, and has been under sanctions stemming from the U.N. Security Council:

The United Nations has imposed four rounds of Security Council sanctions over Tehran's refusal to halt uranium enrichment, a technology that can be used to produce nuclear fuel or materials for an atomic bomb.

Iran's nuclear program is already subject to routine IAEA inspections. IAEA cameras monitor Iran's nuclear activities. including its contentious uranium enrichment sites.

Vice President Fereidoun Abbasi told the semiofficial ISNA news agency, "We proposed that the agency keep Iran's nuclear program and activities under full supervision for five years provided that sanctions against Iran are lifted."

Evidently, sanctions imposed upon Iran are having some effect, but this does not appear to be the sole motivating factor behind their offer:

Abbasi also charged that Iran is facing increasing "sabotage" in its nuclear program from its enemies.

"We've witnessed increasing acts of sabotage in our nuclear program ... they (the West) are constantly trying to harm our nuclear facilities through (computer) viruses, sale of flawed equipment, etc.," ISNA quoted him as saying.

Last year, a powerful virus known as Stuxnet targeted Iran's nuclear facilities and other industrial sites.

Iran, as a signatory to the NNPT, should have the right to nuclear energy, if they wish to pursue it. Constant accusations from the U.S. and other nations concerning clandestine weapons programs are obviously a factor in any discussion regarding Iran's nuclear endeavors, however.

The question, then, is are there any conditions under which Iran could produce nuclear energy that would satisfy the West, and remove the specter of a possible military assault? Would allowing "full supervision" assure the West that Iran does indeed intend to utilize nuclear energy for peaceful purposes, or will the accusations remain regardless of any conciliatory gestures or compromises made by Iran?

edit on 6-9-2011 by VariableConstant because: typo

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
No this is all lies they want to destroy every planet in the solar system AAARGH--chokes on own rage...

Okay but seriously this is good news, it shows they are open to co-operation and have nothing to hide unlike Israel.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

1 would hope this is a positive step in Iran developing energy practice instead of war related practice nuclear tech. If this is a real step of transparency then there would have to be appreciation from others for taking this step to show there is nothing to hide. If its a chess game then... 1 shall just observe the chess pieces picked for the 2 sides at play as the board is taken lol...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

'They (the WEST)'. More like 'They (ISRAEL) are constantly trying to harm our'.
edit on 6-9-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

They even offered to send fuel out of country to do the enrichment process making it impossible for them to manufacture weapons as they would not have uranium enrichment facilities. I believe that it was Hillary that actually questioned the motives of such an offer.

It's hard not to choke on your own rage when seeing this crap taking place. And guess where all the intelligence that says Iran is evil comes from.

Yup, that country that has nukes, has threatened to use them, refuses to sign the NPT and refuses to allow outside inspections.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

1 would hope this is a positive step in Iran developing energy practice instead of war related practice nuclear tech. If this is a real step of transparency then there would have to be appreciation from others for taking this step to show there is nothing to hide.

Originally posted by filosophia

Okay but seriously this is good news, it shows they are open to co-operation and have nothing to hide unlike Israel.

I see it the same way. They appear to be going out of their way to comply and show that they are open and operating in good faith.

I wonder, however, will it be enough? Is there really anything that they can do to escape the accusations and threats?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

They even offered to send fuel out of country to do the enrichment process making it impossible for them to manufacture weapons as they would not have uranium enrichment facilities. I believe that it was Hillary that actually questioned the motives of such an offer.

Good point. I thought of mentioning the previous offer to have the uranium enriched externally. But apparently even that was not enough to satisfy.
edit on 6-9-2011 by VariableConstant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant
I wonder, however, will it be enough? Is there really anything that they can do to escape the accusations and threats?

I think with some past set examples they wish not to go thru all the insanity from being accused so this 1 hopes will prevent any further agression in relation to the nuclear programs. I was watching a movie FAIR GAME this CIA lady was investigating the PIPES THAT WERE SAID TO BE USED BY IRAQ FOR YELLOW CAKE TRANSFER DISTRIBUTION. (I think her mate leaked the intel or something like that) It was wild to see in the movie that the program related to this was shut own by the US and still eventually was overlooked and used as valid data to keep the ball rolling towards Iraq. There is so much deception on Earth and if activitis are to be mirrored onto EACH then in time it will show who was projecting the ignorance.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

The simple fact is, the technology for nuclear weapons is decades old, and to expect that other currently non-nuclear nations won't develop such weapons is both naive, and unrealistic.

Granted, I don't like the idea of nations whose leaders have threatened to "wipe [other nations] off the face of the Earth", but I also think that in the long run, there is little we can really do about it.Just as we couldn't prevent the Russians, Europe, etc. from making them.

new topics

top topics

join