It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Fish Die Off, here we go again

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiraCity
Im not much of a bible thumper.. but isn't there a mass fish die off prophecy in the bible?
I could have sworn there was.

Book of Revelation, and not just fish but every kind of animal, especially birds.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveEquation

Originally posted by kellynap43
7. And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see. 8. And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell [Greek "hades" meaning the grave] followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death [disease], and with the beasts of the earth.

Are you trying to say something mam? I don't know what failed prophecies have to do with mass deaths of animals.

Quotes like these should remain in the bible where they belong, they do not apply anywhere on this fragile planet we live in especially on this topic.

Keep telling yourself that right up till the end, and for those that keep giving you stars, keep that mind set. It's going to be ok, there's absolutely nothing wrong. Don't believe anything the bible says
, its just stories made up to scare people who are "free thinkers", everything is going to be just fine

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I keep fish, as did my father. I'm familiar with the chemicals mentioned. They are potential carcinogens over long term exposure but are not of immediate concern in this case. It's a fact of life crowding causes stress, stress causes illness. And the conditions in many commercial fisheries is akin to what we see with industrial farming practices. It's designed to produce quantity, not quality.

Fish do turn white at death in the aquarium. I have no idea what they do in nature, but when I find a dead fish in the tank, if they've been there at least about two hours before I find them, they are white.

This year I had a terrible struggle with fungus in my entire environment. There were mushrooms and other forms of fungal fruiting bodies all over the woods near my house and in parts of my yard. The spores got indoors and into my air bubbled system. From there it got into the aquarium, forming a black oily sludge that hid undetected for about a week in the algae I cultivate on one side of the glass for my catfish. At this time I lost one fish, which I found ghost white.

I'm not saying what I observed in my own personal situation is what happened in China, but I put it on the table as a possibility to consider. I'm a Christian and I read and believe in the Bible as a guide for life, but goodness, please let's not panic in ignorance good people. Among hobbyists, it is known that the fish keeping practices in some Asian countries for some purposes is not ideal for the fish or for people. (There are issues in domestic fisheries as well, it's not soley an Asian problem). Thanks for hearing me out.
edit on 8-9-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Spelling mistake

<< 1  2   >>

join