It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Fish Die Off, here we go again

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Question:. What were the dates of the last fish/bird die-off's? In so that we can compare that date(s) to this date of die-off's (sept. 4) and look for patterns.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Thanks for the story Vitchilo. Massive indeed. As has been said, multitudes of reasons, factors may be attributed...in the end you are left with the reality and no answers as to why. Tomorrow will come and slowly this will fade, as well as the dozens if not hundreds of these "die-off" stories we have all dug up in the past three years...

CJ

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
7. And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see. 8. And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell [Greek "hades" meaning the grave] followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death [disease], and with the beasts of the earth.

Are you trying to say something mam? I don't know what failed prophecies have to do with mass deaths of animals.

Quotes like these should remain in the bible where they belong, they do not apply anywhere on this fragile planet we live in especially on this topic.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveEquation

You seem pretty scared about this being true...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

That's a hell lot of fishes... 9000 tanks of fishes X 3500-5000 fishes = 3.15-4.5 million dead fishes... for no reason...

No reason? Seems to me it says they don't know the reason yet.

This is also a commercial operation. Odds are its a contaminant in the feed they use.

3-2-1 Elenin Did It

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911

You seem pretty scared about this being true...

what are you referring to? I am scared of the fish being dead? a past event? Could you please write something that makes sense next time
edit on 6-9-2011 by LiveEquation because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

7. And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see. 8. And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell [Greek "hades" meaning the grave] followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death [disease], and with the beasts of the earth.

Yep, i was going to say it was something to do with the Tribulation. People that aren't believers dont see it but if they actually took the time to crack open the bible and read the book of revelations and then watch the nightly news, they'd be scared sh*tless.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Can this be radioactivity from Japan? Or just loads of pollution China dumps in the sea without any regard for the planet?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Why can't people just accept that this a sign of end of days? I mean seriously, all these animals from fish to birds to beetles are massdying, when are humans going too? Were only animals too...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Absum!

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Zeng said that local fishery and environmental protection departments are investigating the case and examining the water, but the reasons for the fish die-offs are unknown.

That's a hell lot of fishes... 9000 tanks of fishes X 3500-5000 fishes = 3.15-4.5 million dead fishes... for no reason...

No, it is 10 times bigger. You missed a zero.
35.1 million to 45 million fish.

That's going to smell really, really bad.
You are right. Sorry... I was very tired when I wrote that thread.

Maybe somehow oxygen wasn't getting into the water?

Yeah but... think is scientists said the fishes didn't die because of lack of oxygen, they checked for that.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Just looking at the density of fish in the ponds, I'm going to vote for "bad fish management practices." It may be related to something in the environment (hotter than normal temperatures, for instance. Heat drives oxygen OUT of the water, and fish will suffocate if the water gets too warm) but I'm thinking that this is a problem caused by management practices.

I'm going to DENY IGNORANCE, on bad fish management practices. Hey, do you think it could of been Fireworks? You just never know in these cases, now do ya.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
H.A.A.R.P

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Im not much of a bible thumper.. but isn't there a mass fish die off prophecy in the bible?
I could have sworn there was.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I have read that imported chinese fish farm products are heavily ladened with chemicals Link and chemical growth hormone and fertilizers for fish management are unregulated. The FDA stopped the importation of Chinese farm seafood:

THURSDAY, June 28 (HealthDay News) -- Troubles with tainted products from China continued Thursday, as U.S. health officials halted the import of farmed seafood from that country.

"The FDA is not allowing the import of these Chinese farmed seafood products until the importers can prove that the seafood is free from harmful contaminants," Dr. David Acheson, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's assistant commissioner for food protection, said during an afternoon teleconference.

He identified the banned fish as catfish, basa (similar to catfish), shrimp, dace (similar to carp) and eel, which he said may contain chemicals that are potentially carcinogenic.

He added this too..

However, he added, "there is no imminent threat to the public health, because of the low levels of contaminants. But the banned substances could cause serious health problems if consumed over a long period of time -- years."

How long has it been going on though

Incidents of contamination of Chinese farmed fish go back at least six years. "There have been problems with farmed fish products produced in China and exported to the U.S. since 2001," Margaret O' K. Glavin, FDA's associate commissioner for Regulatory Affairs, said during the teleconference.

Also this week, regulators in China closed 180 food plants after uncovering more than 23,000 food safety violations. Despite the crackdown, China denies that its food exports are dangerous.

Okay, sounds pretty serious..
Here are some specifics regarding chemicals found in the food/fish

The contaminants found in the fish are the antimicrobials nitrofuran, malachite green, gentian violet, and fluoroquinolone. Nitrofuran, malachite green and gentian violet, which are used to treat fungal infections, have been shown to be carcinogenic with long-term exposure in lab animals. The use of fluoroquinolones in food animals may increase antibiotic resistance to this class of antibiotics.

Fish farmers in China are purposely adding these chemicals to the fish feed and water to deal with fungal and bacterial infections, Acheson said.

"None of these substances is approved for use in farm-raised seafood in the United States, and the use of nitrofurans and malachite green in aquaculture is also prohibited by Chinese authorities," Acheson said.

During that time, the FDA tested 89 samples consisting of catfish, basa, shrimp, dace and eel from China. Of these, 25 percent were found to contain drug residues. These included nitrofurans detected in shrimp, malachite green detected in dace, eel and catfish and basa, and gentian violet detected in eel and catfish. In addition, fluoroquinolones were found in catfish and basa. Chinese authorities have acknowledged permitting the use of fluoroquinolones in aquaculture, according to the import alert.

Source
Nice, nice, wow, this was the first article I found on Google too. I did a thread * some time ago about Chinese watermelons exploding from too many chemicals!

As Byrd mentioned, this sounds like management, or should I say mismanagement issues, but 2 things I now realize, I don't want any seafood from a farm, and the FDA can be a good thing at times.

Peace,
spec

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveEquation

Are you trying to say something mam? I don't know what failed prophecies have to do with mass deaths of animals.

Quotes like these should remain in the bible where they belong, they do not apply anywhere on this fragile planet we live in especially on this topic.

She's saying Christian Prophecy is right yet again. I don't know where you get the idea of failed prophecies from, but if you're going to try to make it look like someone doesn't know what they're talking about, you need to read up before you open your mouth, because if you don't, then you are made to look like the fool:

Hosea 4:1-3(KJV)
1Hear the word of the LORD, ye children of Israel: for the LORD hath a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no truth, nor mercy, nor knowledge of God in the land.
2By swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and committing adultery, they break out, and blood toucheth blood.
3Therefore shall the land mourn, and every one that dwelleth therein shall languish, with the beasts of the field, and with the fowls of heaven; yea, the fishes of the sea also shall be taken away.

Pretty simple to understand, I would think.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
most likely covert poisionings not a real deseas maybe they are trying to starv people
edit on 7-9-2011 by obzerver because: a miss telling in the ways

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Whatever killed these fish , it made them turn white post mortem...
This fact alone is a good indication that a foriegn agent of some kind did both jobs..kill and bleach.....
What could that be?
Either chemical, as in feed or enviroonment, or bacterial/viral as in disease from over crowding them.
Black oily water sounds like an over spill of some chemical they use in smaller quntities maybe.....?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I guess Death has nothing to do with the current topic. Sorry.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I blame Jesus.

Didn't he do a similar thing when he fed the 5 thousand? You're not helping Jesus, so stop it!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Maybe I am missing something, but isn't this completely different from other massive die offs? From what I understand, this was a fish farm and the fish died in tanks. This would make it a controlled environment, no? The other massive die offs -- birds, fish -- were found in natural, non-controlled environments: fell from the sky, washed up on beaches, found on river banks, etc.

I would think this is more likely to be sabotage or an isolated contamination at this particular farm -- not caused by natural effects, like an impending earthquake or radiation in the water as some have said.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join