It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Day - Release of Dead Island!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

So yea... I am on my first playthrough of this EPIC game for the 360 and am about level 28/29 with some rare weapons I am willing to share with you too.

Anybody wanting some good zombie bashing company add: ii DOBBY

I come with awesome skills, 18+ maturity/language and some random assed conversational skills when stoned via my turtle beach.

See you there!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
reply to post by blupblup

How much did you buy it for in the first place?
Sorry to hear your not keen but you can't get a full estimation of this game in 10 mins.

It cost me £35 and I sold it for £45....

The game is truly awful.

I played it for a few hours, not 10 mins and was bored the entire time.
Seems like more and more people are hating this game....It's the most overhyped and possibly worst game of the year.

Why oh why did I bother :shk:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Oh well atleast you made a profit.
T'is a shame though.
I found it really starts to get interesting once you've done you first playthrough and you start to explore for things like "Skulls" and then other strong weapons.

So far I have found and placed the "Brown" Green" and "Orange" skulls, the Orange one is the best of what I have so far. Now it pays off to search for champagne, because I can trade 5 champagne bottles for Diamonds which are needed (along with $10,000) to build the developers weapons.

Also learning to clone my weapons was a fun and practicle thing to do, I can clone my most expensive weapon and just sell it over and over again and build $30;000 in 3 minutes.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

LOL all of that is just Gobbledygook to me mate.

But I've liked games others just couldn't stand like Arkham Asylum for one.... It's a personal thing I guess.
A game, for me, is not like a movie where I will persevere and make it to the end to see what happens, If I'm not gripped in the first few hours, I'm kinda sure that it's probably not the game for me.

And when I say it sucks and it's the worst game of the year, that's only for me and in my opinion.

If you and others like it, then that's cool man.

I'm just glad that there are more and more games coming out nowadays for the 360.... it was really stagnant at one time and the games were kinda crap, at least now there is a much better selection.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
i bought this game today, the price has risen from £37 at game to £44, go to hmv.
i'm enjoying this game so far, nice zombie killing fun. i cant see why some people dont like it.
but you know as soon as MW3 or skyrim comes out this game will stop being popular.
and halo4 + halo aniiversary later in december

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Do you think the devlopers put the gun spawning cheat in on purpose?.... money is no longer a problem... i just span loads of the same gun and sell them to a vendor...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ototheb85
Do you think the devlopers put the gun spawning cheat in on purpose?.... money is no longer a problem... i just span loads of the same gun and sell them to a vendor...

Yeah thats what I WAS doing, but then I lost my lvl 43 character because I think I filled up his inventory too much and now I can't load him, it freezes on the load screen, though I can load my other characters.

I put in over 60 hours on that character and now he wont play.

I'd recommend not filling your inventory too much.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Lol I have filled it as far as it will go but seems to be loading, I dont log off without selling everthing tho.

but thanks for the heads up.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I really wanted this game, but with Rage next week, then Batman Arkham City, then Skyrim etc I just figured it best be left for a while and maybe i'll pick it up cheap in the new year.

I wouldn't pay £45 for any game though
.... well maybe Arkham City I would

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
been playing a while now and i think the gameplay and story is awesome but im fed up with all the bugs and glitches. bouncing trucks and a teleporting zombie lowers my rating of the game.
teleporting zombie: the zombie was a thug and it was all over the place.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ototheb85

I don't mean weapon inventory.
I didn't think you could max out your item inventory.
But between the items in my inventory and stuff I gave to Jin, It was too much for that save file and it died.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Does anyone need help finding skull or their placements.
We all probably know were they are now, but if you don't u2u me your gamertag and I can add you.

I still really like playing this game, I have come to a point on Purna were I only have to go to the prison, i've done all sidequest's I had avaliable, but i'm surte there are probably more secret ones that I haven't found.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Final thoughts on the game (for posterity or whatnot).

It was actually a good game. This is a perfect example as to why not to release epic trailers..or why we, the consumers, should pay no real attention to trailers.

There was no way this game could live up to our expectations, and it didn't. It wasn't a great game..it was good..buggy, in some areas a bit repetitive, but not bad. For someone whom loves zombie games, it is a definate pick up, but for someone wanting just a great game to play, best to grab a plethora of other titles before this one.

now...

there will more than likely create a follow up, and it will end up in mainland somewhere...this may prove to be interesting, and with expectations lowered, and lessons learned on the side of the devs, -that- game may have a chance of being great.

So, there you go. Good zombie genre game, not an exceptional game in general though. 6/10

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join