It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Day - Release of Dead Island!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
ok, technically tomorrow (midnight tonight). But anyhow
First impressions?

ok, Dead island...what is it (for those living under the proverbial rock)

A trailer came out on the internet awhile back...no fuss, no big marketing campaign, just this little trailer showing up..and it went super viral to the bajillionth degree (due to its very controversial use of a child no doubt)

It was a super emotional debut of a game secretly in development. The community went nuts.

So, as time went on, people learned more about the game. a typical zombie apocalypse outbreak on some remote slice of paradise island resort. Its an "open world" meaning you do what you want, when you want. Your mission seems geared around survival (of course), rescueing survivors, getting materials, etc...

Anyhow, people dismissed the initial video overall...frankly, nothing could be that good..but each new release of trailers, some gameplay, showed that indeed this would be the zombie game everyone was waiting for...a cross between left 4 dead (FPS) heavy roleplay, and the kickarse ability that you can go it alone, or have 3 other friends join up with you and play out the adventure together.

ok, that updates you to at least as much as I know about it...there is still lots of be discovered, and the company has actually been pretty tight lipped about all the interesting things going on inside it..best to suprise people than tell them about all the details and have them hype it up more than it is implemented...

So, your impressions? your hopes? What type of character will you attempt to play? greedy survivalist that cares for nobody? will you try to save every single survivor under the sun? pretty open forum for this game until people actually start playing it and can remark coherently about it as either a epic win or total letdown.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Gazrok because: all caps in thread title

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I love zombie games but from the gameplay I saw it looks as if it's something I will be passing up.... Until reviews come out at least....

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Go get deus ex: human revolution.. Now thats a game.. I'm already on my second play through..

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Dude, I am looking forward to Dead Island, I am gonna play as black dude specializing in blunt weapons. However, I am short on money, so not sure when
. But I will definitely get that game.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Well..looks like another autumn spent on my xbox

Let's see.. melee focused gameplay with customizable weapons ( like attaching tnt to a knife, lighting it and throwing it into a horde of undead.).Awesome!

Oh and let's not forget Skyrim, Gears 3, Rage, Batman: Arkham City and Assassin's Creed.

Off Topic: Have you seen this yet? I dunno about you, but I want one.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b18784a0e45c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If I don't buy this for my first born son this week I've been threatened with a wall of silence.
I might just leave it till next week for some peace.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
I love zombie games but from the gameplay I saw it looks as if it's something I will be passing up.... Until reviews come out at least....

Then you haven't seen the right vids I guess

20 minutes of gameplay...seems pretty random.
around the 2 minute mark = first encounter with zambabies
3:50 (omg, they run once they start)
4:30 = win (carmageddon)
etc.

Ultimately, its a roleplay game (think oblivion moreso than black ops) the battle is one part, not the totality of it.
Personally I wish there was more guns, but they were going for a more realistic feel..and not all tropical resorts aren't armed to the teeth for no real reason...so, even though there are guns and such, the push was more melee and creative destruction than simply pop em at 50 yards

Finally I would point out 7:50 for some action (the hits you get really seem to hurt)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Is there multiplayer? I would love to play some online with anyone who has a ps3

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I'm definitely getting this! I've read enough on it to know i'll enjoy it. I'm all for co-op zombie slaying!

I'm not really a fan of games that are in FP....but MAG is a FPS and I love that so I don't think it will be that big of a problem.

edit on 5-9-2011 by NefariousKitten because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Just prepurchased this. It loooks sooooooooooo good. Big RPG + Zombie Apocalypse = Bad A

reply to post by JoeDaShom

and yeah it's co-op up to 4 players
edit on 5-9-2011 by Rexamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by StripedBandit

Oh and let's not forget Skyrim,

Yeah, Skyrim is the next title I am looking forward to...been waiting for that for years now actually. 11/11/11 for that.

And the console...meh, its a console...I hate consoles overall (just get a decent computer and you can be a "real" gamer)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDaShom
Is there multiplayer? I would love to play some online with anyone who has a ps3

Yes, actually, one thing they are trying to really amp up is the multiplayer coop play...either set up a team, or just drop into other people games and give a hand.

Since people are getting it, might as well toss out your steam name...have some nutty ATSers band together to survive the zombie apocalypse sort of thing.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
If I don't buy this for my first born son this week I've been threatened with a wall of silence.
I might just leave it till next week for some peace.

You realize the wall of silence will only last for about 3 minutes, then 3 minutes of passive aggressive behavior, then all out infinite tantrums.

Anyhow, assuming your first born isn't like 40 years old, please take a few moments to check out the game...if he/she is underage, you may need to make the parental decision...pretty graphic and disturbing game actually. I love me my video games, but do realize that youngins shouldn't just be given free pass to play everything.

But if he is of age, then sure...but then again, you could just tell him to get a job and get it himself. heh

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

YES! That certainly was a great game, at first i thought the aiming was a bit dodgy (it seemed to lag a little), but once i was used to it, i loved it!

For this game though, i am looking forward to this immensely...i enjoyed dead rising and left 4 dead. So if this has similarities to both, then i'm excited!!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Anyone from ATS planning on getting this that has a PS3?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
See it's just not interesting enough for me to lay the money down on yet, got a ps3 btw..... Too many other games that are coming out within the next 2 months that will be holding my attention anyhow, even if I wanted it I couldn't afford it with the line up I have in mind......

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I'll have it in eleven hours, you on steam?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

I'll have it in eleven hours, you on steam?

Yep, under the same name.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

request sent

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This game looks amazing. Ive always been a fan of zombie and horror games, Im just waiting for a new one that sets a historical mark. Hopefully Dead Island will be it.

The most recent horror game that came out that I thought was amazing, although not really zombie oriented, was Dead Space 2

Cant wait for Skyrim to come out. The other game Im impatiently waiting for is Half-Life episode 3

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join