Zombie Day - Release of Dead Island!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
This game looks amazing. Ive always been a fan of zombie and horror games, Im just waiting for a new one that sets a historical mark. Hopefully Dead Island will be it.

Oh, If your a fan of zombie movies (that set the mark), World War Z is due out next year (12/21/12). That book is awesome (audiobook is also on youtube if your inclined)

So, good couple years of zombie stuff...also, I think L4D3 is starting development...but thats just a lot of speculation...but hopefully they will either do west coast, or perhaps the UK or some such..but, if your open to speculation, I am thinking the state of washington may be the setting overall.
Reason being, there was a map of extraction zones...penn state had a circle (L4D1) New Orleans had one (L4D2) and the map was ripped at the washington area, but arrows were pointing to it...their were other circles but with X's on them showing they were overrun already...so...if they are following the map, then Wa will be the next area. Dress warm.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Hmm, gonna have a look on my way home in the morning.
Definatly want this, I just hope they got the Co-op better than Dead Rising 2 done it.

I'm quite partial to spiked baseball bats.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Is this a beta video or something? It looks a little clunky and unfinished. God is that voice acting awful too especially that first Maori guy. Sounds like something out of space ghost. The constant commentary is going to get annoying. Sure it's cool to hear "I kill you!!!" in an undecipherable accent about 5 times but after that it'll be pretty annoying.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FEDec

Is this a beta video or something? It looks a little clunky and unfinished. God is that voice acting awful too especially that first Maori guy. Sounds like something out of space ghost. The constant commentary is going to get annoying. Sure it's cool to hear "I kill you!!!" in an undecipherable accent about 5 times but after that it'll be pretty annoying.

xbox360 beta

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

xbox360 beta

Let's hope those voiceovers are just place holders then. Gah I don't know if I could play through with that.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
If I don't buy this for my first born son this week I've been threatened with a wall of silence.
I might just leave it till next week for some peace.

You realize the wall of silence will only last for about 3 minutes, then 3 minutes of passive aggressive behavior, then all out infinite tantrums.

Anyhow, assuming your first born isn't like 40 years old, please take a few moments to check out the game...if he/she is underage, you may need to make the parental decision...pretty graphic and disturbing game actually. I love me my video games, but do realize that youngins shouldn't just be given free pass to play everything.

But if he is of age, then sure...but then again, you could just tell him to get a job and get it himself. heh

No not 40, but it is his birthday.
I long since given up on trying to censor the games he plays..I was fighting a losing battle. He'd just end up going around his friends to play the games I had issues with anyway. Which is strange in itself, since his friends mothers had no issues with their little darlings playing such games but still insisted on holding their hands to school and back (If you get my drift).

Zombies I've no issue with, he gets his love of them from his Ma and is looking forward to being able to get together online with his Step Brother.. Plus I get to pinch the game occasionally.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
ok, played a couple hours of it last night and my overall view:

The battle seems a little clunky, but otherwise alright. There isn't enough manageable things (but I am spoiled from crisis 2, so gamewise it is fine, but not like cutting edge)

There seems to be some graphics issues now and then..just bad texture rendering in some places..not enough to say the game is bugged, but enough to notice the odd strange shadowing in areas. I think this is a video card being untested though and so perhaps some code being wonky (nvidia 550ti) not sure.

Roleplay: its a interesting mix so far (early levels still and only played single player). It keeps you interested, but some of the missions are a bit daft (really...you want me to risk my arse to get a teddy bear?)

In the few hours I had, I did have one instance of a "28 days later" feel of oh s--t, oh s--t" when my weapons broke and zack was surrounding me (some of them hit -really- hard)

Clearly for zombie lovers, you need this game..but for the casual gamer that is indifferent about the genre, well...its not nonstop heart pounding action..at least not immediately. there are certainly lots of zacks to kill, and the battles, when in the center of melee action, are pretty unnerving...especially when one grabs ahold of you. Its a toss up really. get the game if your looking for something interesting to play, but don't sell your blood to get it...(that will probably be for skyrim).

7.5-10. score may rise or fall as I play more, but for now, I am waiting on my english friend to get it so "the team" can continue on (UK doesn't get it opened until the 9th for some reason)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
WELLLLLL NOW:

Graphics? Turn the gamma way down I guess otherwise you have some sort of retarded smoky haze affect glowing buildings....

4.9 on graphics, its late 2011 and it's a Direct x 9 game?

Sometimes the screen would freeze up but this happened to other people I know as well... Also a friend of mine said some sort of no clip bug happened and his chr is trashed cuz he flew off the island or something. IDK I'll have to get more info just saw a bunch of angry txts from last night lol.

Cause today I can't even use my chr, It's trapped me in a starting room...
Also my DLC didn't work today, did last night...

=/

I think as is right now version 1.0 gets a 6.0 and I feel I'm being generous.

The Chrs are hideous as are their voice overs and back story.

edit on 6-9-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It does have the look of a game that tries to do too much. I always feel bad for the programers of these games. You just know they put in a lot of hours on content that didn't even make it to the game.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
click here to see a screen of the error.

DLC FAIL

ohh it was the 76mb patch that f'd the DLC....

Jesus.
edit on 6-9-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Regarding the strange derpage today, where Deep Silver seem to have somehow released the dev version of Dead Island to US Steam users, we’ve had a statement back. It’s succinct:

“the final version will be out during the day”

www.rockpapershotgun.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Cue yakety sax.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
oh btw the patch deleted your save file

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
oh btw the patch deleted your save file

Im just imagining their PR agents "look at it this way, it's a fresh start!" How long is the game supposed to be assuming you don't run into any more game breaking bugs?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Dear developers of overambitious games
Please "special release" a "beta" version a few days before offical release...aka, call the first three days a try at your own risk, we will stomp fires out during this time a benefit verses disaster.

Yes, the nerfed release and update killed the former saves..
And ya, the lighting issue may be the gamma. I put it way up when my frequency was set wrong...

It has potential though. I don't mind the voice acting, I have the option to skip that bit, and surely mods will come out to make cooler voices if you want...

Ya, potential, but hopefully with plenty of updates and some user content, this game will live up to the vision...for now...its a above average game released in a year that has exceptional titles...which makes it hurting by comparison.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Game will probably be great in a year.

However I sit here debating getting Warhammer40k: Space Marine and saying tohell with dead island and maybe jump on in a few months....

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Game will probably be great in a year.

However I sit here debating getting Warhammer40k: Space Marine and saying tohell with dead island and maybe jump on in a few months....

Have you tried the demo for this Warhammer game?

To me it was a complete Gears of War rip-off.

I still want Dead Island, but does anyone think it's worth waiting for the price drop?
edit on 6-9-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

I wish I could get a full refund right now.

Space Marine... I like it... seems all the gear of wars noobs dont like it cause you can be attacked while performing an execution. whats everyone want an insta-win button for when they suck?

But back to DI

it's metacritic score is 4.0

the people have spoken

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Heres whats wrong;

US PC Version is by far the worse, EU customers will have a different version than the US steam version.

Graphics?
Theres like no real options for graphics, you can't tweak how much AA and such... just really resolution and some other default features. AND EVEN MAXED OUT THEY ARE FROM 2007

Voices - Awful

Chr Backstories- worse

Enviroment - A lot of places you can't go or access not because they are locked just because they didnt make it a "play zone" in a supposedly open world game....

Gameplay - Retarded easy, like whats the point why do I even have a weapon? Just hit E and kick everyone to death it cannot be interrupted. I find myself not really give a crap about my weapon breaking just throw it and get another or hell I've killed so many damn zombies with my bare hands.

The First taste left a bad bad bad bad taste in my mouth.

Oh get this they patch it and most people dont even realised it was patched, basically it broke the DLC, took out some art or some crap, and fixed ONE bug the hitting of Y would cause you to no clip and fall through the island

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Chukkles

I wish I could get a full refund right now.

Space Marine... I like it... seems all the gear of wars noobs dont like it cause you can be attacked while performing an execution. whats everyone want an insta-win button for when they suck?

But back to DI

it's metacritic score is 4.0

the people have spoken

Thats actually pretty cool, I've never owned a GOW game, played the first one round a mates. But if you get attacked at any time you should take damage in any game. I like Assassins creed for that (not just that) when doing executions you can be attacked but you can try to counter them too if your quick enough.

Hmm, sounds like there will be plenty of pre-owned copies of DI, that may be the way to go, it's not even out here yet, gotta wait till the 9th. I'll then give it a week and get a pre owned.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join