It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rebels openly admit they are starving civilian towns in Libya into submission

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Rebels openly admit they are starving civilian towns in Libya into submission

"We want to save our fighters and not lose a single one in battles with Qaddafi's forces," said Mohammed al-Rajali, a spokesman for the rebel leadership in the eastern city of Benghazi. "In the end, we will get Sirte, even if we have to cut water and electricity" and let NATO pound it with airstrikes, he said.

Source

This is a blatant war crime right under the world nose condone and backed by NATO ,they asked the civilians of Sirte to leave ,but none did ,to which they claimed the pro Gaddafi forces are holding them hostage (complete rubbish),why can't they just leave Sirte ,if they control Libya ,and have the support were all led to believe ,why are they so determined to commit genocide in sirte ,as clearly the people of Sirte don't want the rebels there.

The Rebels/NATO are now doing worse things now then what they accused Gaddafi of doing ,which got them the support in the first place.

Also it must being going badly again ,as the news from Libya gets more limited ,to blantend propaganda of the pro Gaddafi forces/civilians.

Coupled with the fact Misrata Fighters have fallen out with the NTC already.

What a mess this all is.
edit on 4-9-2011 by TheMaverick because: The Voices told me to

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The MSM have *got* to stop calling these people "rebels". A more nondescript term couldn't possibly exist.
They're Al-Qaeda operatives, pure and simple, and Sharia law allows them to do whatever they feel is necessary in the context of war.

But then, what do you expect, when "war is deceit"?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Ummmm... They, rebels, only openly admitted to cutting off supplies as a last resort, and that's to Gaddafis last strong hold. No where in that article does it say rebels are starving civilian towns. In fact it states the UN has sent tons of bottled water, food, & medicine.

Why don't you edit your title to the articles real title instead of making up sensational lies.

U.N. Warns Libya Is Short of Water, Fuel, Medicine

I do no support this Libyan war but I also do not support lies & misinformation this thread of yours gets a

edit on 4-9-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
In times like this, we can only just hope Gaddafi defeats these murderers, stalls NATO's imperialistic conquest and exposes the truth.

But I guess that's too optimistic...

edit on 4-9-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Rebels have intentionally surrounded Sirte to cut off electricity as well as the flow of supplies including food and cooking gas in a bid to literally “starve the city into submission,”

Nato Enabling War Crimes : Cutting off a city from food and water.

Well according to this source its not lies.

Also this source also claims the rebels are starving the civilians into submission ,so no ,i wont change my headline.

Rebel leaders hope to starve Colonel Gaddafi's home town of Sirte into submission, laying siege to his last remaining stronghold in an attempt to avoid mass bloodshed, according to the man spearheading efforts for a peaceful takeover.

Libya crisis Rebel leaders hoping to starve Gaddafi stronghold of Sirte into submission

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Ummmm... They, rebels, only openly admitted to cutting off supplies as a last resort, and that's to Gaddafis last strong hold. No where in that article does it say rebels are starving civilian towns. In fact it states the UN has sent tons of bottled water, food, & medicine.

Why don't you edit your title to the articles real title instead of making up sensational lies.

I do no support this Libyan war but I also do not support lies & misinformation this thread of yours gets a

I see here the true American Patriot! The creator of this thread has right to post what ever he finds fit,and it is not your to tell him that he should edit his post,that is Moderators job. UN akka We-DO-What-USGovernment-says did sent water,food,and other suplies,but not for civilians as they didnt get any because no one cares about civilians in Libya.
I can post here many video that shows how your rebels are acting with civilians,but i know it is not going to change that redneck mind so i will not bother about it.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Okay, you're "new" source is only quoting the Fox article you originally posted.

Libya: NATO Enabling War Crimes : Cutting off a city from food & war is a war crime

According to Fox News, a Libyan rebel “spokesman” recently boasted, “in the end, we will get [the city of] Sirte, even if we have to cut water and electricity and let NATO pound it with airstrikes.” Sirte is one of many cities still standing in defiance of NATO’s operations to seize the nation of 6 million people, impose upon them an “internationally approved” government, and begin pilfering their resources under the guise of “economic liberalization.” Rebels have intentionally surrounded Sirte to cut off electricity as well as the flow of supplies including food and cooking gas in a bid to literally “starve the city into submission,” as reported by the London Telegraph. This latest boast by rebels, now operating openly with notorious Al Qaeda members leading their fighters, and still with full military support from NATO, seems to suggests that water will be cut as well.

You gotta read past the titles
Again, you earned a

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by John0Doe

A true patriot? What is your definition of a true patriot? All I see here is one man making up his own sensational title and quotes one paragraph from his Fox news source to support his title. When in fact if you read the article it clearly does not support the "OMG rebels admit they are starving civilian towns", towns being plural, as in they are doing it already according to the OP and his source

Deny Ignorance or support it? What side are you on?

And btw, I do not support this war nor do I trust these rebels or the UN and NATO. So don't bother threatening me with your YouTube videos

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Okay, you're "new" source is only quoting the Fox article you originally posted.

Libya: NATO Enabling War Crimes : Cutting off a city from food & war is a war crime

According to Fox News, a Libyan rebel “spokesman” recently boasted, “in the end, we will get [the city of] Sirte, even if we have to cut water and electricity and let NATO pound it with airstrikes.” Sirte is one of many cities still standing in defiance of NATO’s operations to seize the nation of 6 million people, impose upon them an “internationally approved” government, and begin pilfering their resources under the guise of “economic liberalization.” Rebels have intentionally surrounded Sirte to cut off electricity as well as the flow of supplies including food and cooking gas in a bid to literally “starve the city into submission,” as reported by the London Telegraph. This latest boast by rebels, now operating openly with notorious Al Qaeda members leading their fighters, and still with full military support from NATO, seems to suggests that water will be cut as well.

You gotta read past the titles
Again, you earned a

Hm... swills... mate... seriously:

"Rebels have intentionally surrounded Sirte to cut off electricity as well as the flow of supplies including food and cooking gas in a bid to literally “starve the city into submission,” as reported by the London Telegraph. This latest boast by rebels, now operating openly with notorious Al Qaeda members leading their fighters, and still with full military support from NATO, seems to suggests that water will be cut as well."

What exactly dont you understand? Want a pink flashing neon sign with a stripper pointing the panties to the obvious? What titles? Thats what the article says... do I have to read "past" the whole article also?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
The MSM have *got* to stop calling these people "rebels". A more nondescript term couldn't possibly exist.

The term "NATO Sanctioned Terrorists" comes to mind.

All under the guise of Humanitarian Aid.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

I understand just fine. The rebels have clearly said they will as cut off supplies as a last resort to avoid more bloodshed. The OP titles leads one to assume the rebels are starving civilian towns. towns being plural, as in they causing people in many towns to suffer.

From the UK daily article

But opposition commanders know they face a long, bloody battle, with many civilian casualties, if they opt for an all-out assault. Dr Hasan Droy, Sirte representative on the opposition National Transitional Council, said troops would stop short, laying siege to the city, while negotiations for its surrender continued. "The city is already without electricity and cooking gas," he said.

There aren't quite at the city of Sirte, who they've threatened they will cut off supplies if they have too. Meanwhile the cite of Sirte is ALREADY without gas and such, but not as a result of the rebels, according to the article.

They believe Moatassem-Billah Gaddafi, Colonel Gaddafi's fifth son, is in command of its defence making Sirte's capture a difficult and bloody proposition. Dr Droy said he believed senior regime figures were in the city, keeping up a constant barrage of pro-Gaddafi propaganda. "They are very isolated. Gaddafi has cut off electricity so that can't see what's happened on TV. When we talk to them about Tripoli they don't know what has happened but we have growing public opinion because of the conditions," he said. Gaddafi's whereabouts remain unknown. Sirte, a city of about 100,000 people including many members of his tribe and stockpiles of Scud missiles, is one possible location for a last stand.

I guess I'm reading a different article then the rest of you. Link your article please

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Hmmm Whats your problem ?

You gotta read past the titles Again, you earned a

You kinda fail in your attempt to attack me ,as your the one who hasn't read past the headlines.

Here the one of the Source's i provided for you.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The only thing I am attacking is your sensationalist title, which is popular here on ATS. The rebels "boasted" they will cut off supplies and whatnot to avoid a bloody battle but they haven't done it yet according to these articles. Your title leads one to believe they have done it and are doing it to multiple civilian towns. So that's what I'm attacking. I guess I can't get through to you and those who defend you. So I've said what I had to say, and I refuse to continue to repeat myself. Enjoy your thread, I've said my peace.

Ah I see where some of this confusion lies. This source (Sovereign Independent) is getting it's information from this source (UK Telegraph). Which is funny because your original post contains neither source, and you only posted both sources because of my first post.

The Sovereign Independent claims the rebels cut off electricity and gas but the UK Telegraph reports that Gaddafi shut off the electricity.

"They are very isolated. Gaddafi has cut off electricity so that can't see what's happened on TV. When we talk to them about Tripoli they don't know what has happened but we have growing public opinion because of the conditions," he said.

Fox reports rebels will cut off water and electricity if they have too. I guess water is only thing they can cut off since Gaddafi beat them to the punch.

"We want to save our fighters and not lose a single one in battles with Qaddafi's forces," said Mohammed al-Rajali, a spokesman for the rebel leadership in the eastern city of Benghazi. "In the end, we will get Sirte, even if we have to cut water and electricity" and let NATO pound it with airstrikes, he said.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
reply to post by Swills

Rebels have intentionally surrounded Sirte to cut off electricity as well as the flow of supplies including food and cooking gas in a bid to literally “starve the city into submission,”

Nato Enabling War Crimes : Cutting off a city from food and water.

Well according to this source its not lies.

Also this source also claims the rebels are starving the civilians into submission ,so no ,i wont change my headline.

Rebel leaders hope to starve Colonel Gaddafi's home town of Sirte into submission, laying siege to his last remaining stronghold in an attempt to avoid mass bloodshed, according to the man spearheading efforts for a peaceful takeover.

Libya crisis Rebel leaders hoping to starve Gaddafi stronghold of Sirte into submission

I 100% agree with you.

Has everyone forgotten already that the NATO liars began this invasion to give HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE to the Libyan people?

What kind of humanitarian assistance is this?

How any sane person can fail to see the deceit which is going on is beyond me. I think some people are afraid to acknowlege the truth which is staring them in the face....because letting in the truth will mean their american dream fantasy will explode and their world will crumble.

There are also reports emerging that DU has been used in Libya.

It is so sickening.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
How people are so easily duped by words...and TPTB and their media know this, and they are experts at it.

What the media are now calling 'rebels', were considered 'terrorist' just a few short weeks ago. The rebel commander is a known AQ terrorist, who attacked US troops in Afghanistan and was a US terrorist detainee.

The rebels are the exact same people who the US government has, for the last 10 years, labelled terrorists. Many of them are known AQ affiliates.

What's worse is that the US actually shipped many of them into Libya for the express purpose of causing an uprising.

How can anyone stomach such hypocrisy.
edit on 4-9-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

top topics

join