It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France's new fad, the child Lingerie Debacle continues..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

No.. I don't think what you are saying is correct. I think you are linking this with the vogue photo shoot.

I don't think that photo shoot really had anything to do with selling a line of clothes and I didn't see a link in the OP to show the clothes they are selling.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Isn't it crazy to see people's knee jerk reaction. Instantly the photographers are named pedo's and marked to be "skinned alive" or something else from the random torture generator in my fellow American's collective minds.

The vogue pics are in poor taste, but they weren't taken in a basement by some creep. The photographers wanted exactly the reaction you are giving them. They got a million times more attention than if the photos had been adult models.

I admit the vogue pics were pretty creepy, but we don't know what this "lingerie" business is and I have a feeling it isn't as bad as it sounds. At least I hope not.
edit on 3-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I know that in Europe they are not as uptight about nudity as we are here, and I know that "lingerie" holds a different meaning as well. The thing that is disturbing to me is the way it is presented...By pouty children in makeup and grownup clothes posing in a seductive manner. What they are selling is not the issue--It is the way that they are doing it.

If they are trying to market these to children, then why are the photos seemingly aimed at appealing to grown men?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Rosha

No.. I don't think what you are saying is correct. I think you are linking this with the vogue photo shoot.

I don't think that photo shoot really had anything to do with selling a line of clothes and I didn't see a link in the OP to show the clothes they are selling.

No..I do mean THIS shoot.
Go check out their site.
www.jours-apres-lunes.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

I dont know where I am supposed to go.. but if you are talking about the first pictures that change automatically on the site (there are just 4, 3 of a young teenish looking girl and then one young child) those pictures don't look too inappropriate honestly.

OK.. I looked through.
You guys are inventing villians. It's just girls nightwear and underclothing. That's it. The people that are complaining about this stuff are the ones making it out to be something sexual. It is really no different than kids underwear and the pictures aren't implying anything.

Here are the collections. There is one for babies, one for elementary aged kids, and one for teens.
www.jours-apres-lunes.com...
edit on 3-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ReluctantBlossom

I agree when talking about the vogue magazine.. that was a creepfest.
However this clothing site isn't even close to on the same level as that.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rosha
Did you see the pictures they are using to sell this stuff?
Yes.

Heavily made up 4-12 yr olds layered with jewlery wearing skimpy clothes that wouldnt warm a gnat wearing adult hair styles posing suggestivly in iconically adult poses 'symbolically' with teddys?
Although I saw the jewellery and air styles, I didn't see any 4-12 year old heavily made up.

And if this is advertising underwear, how do you wanted them to appear, with overcoats? Underwear (usually) is not made to make you warm, although the materials used in these are also made for that, and one of the differences of these pieces when compared with the common children underwear (or so they say on their site, I do not have any children).

As for the "suggestive" and "iconically adult" poses, I don't think of them as such.

The two photos with a teddy bear are from the adolescent (over 12 years old) section, not from the 4-12 as the way you wrote appears to imply.

You find that 'ok' ?
Yes.

You really think this is 'for the children' ? Wake the f*ck up.
Padded bras and gstrings ARE lingerie not 'linen'.
Seeing that I couldn't see any padded bra or g-string, I don't understand why you talk about that.
And, for the people that made them, lingerie is linen, as you probably know, lingerie is a French word. The fact that in English it is seen in a different way doesn't mean the rest of the World must act as if their language or culture is English.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReluctantBlossom
If they are trying to market these to children, then why are the photos seemingly aimed at appealing to grown men?
The answer is in the "seemingly".

Although I don't have any children, I know people who has and I know their children since they were born (and in all cases they are girls), all ranging from 12 to 16 (at the moment) and I have seen that this is the way of advertising is the one the catches more their attention.

Also, as a grown man, I don't see it as appealing, I see only an advertisement of children underwear, aimed at children.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
I agree when talking about the vogue magazine.. that was a creepfest.
However this clothing site isn't even close to on the same level as that.
From what I could find, it looks like the people behind this "brouhaha" (another French word) are the same that started the one about the Vogue photos. They probably got lots of traffic and decided to do the same thing, only in this case they are pointing to a French site (in French, clearly made for French market) that doesn't even sell its cloths to the US.

I wonder why this case hasn't turned as famous (at least that I know) as this one. Maybe because they aren't French.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join