It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France's new fad, the child Lingerie Debacle continues..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

France's new fad, the child Lingerie Debacle continues..

www.mtairynews.com

Naturally, this latest phenomenon is a product of France, that pretentious place across the pond which presents itself as the fashion authority for the rest of the world (although it can’t seem to ever win a war without our help).

Of course, it was a Frenchman who gave us the bikini, and some of the world’s top perfumes and cosmetics have originated there as well.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I decided for the longest time not to even touch this topic with a stick but now its unavoidable, seriously whats next??? Condoms for little kids? topless kiddy beaches? what is going on?? i find it amazing that conservative gravy train hasnt jumped on this in the MSM, seeing as how nows the time to just look great you betcha!

kids.baristanet.com...

looks like the possibility of victorias secret having a toddlers section isnt nearly as offensive for the people who forced JC penny to drop that T-shirt design!

by the way the name of the company starting all this crap is Jours Apres Lunes

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.mtairynews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 3-9-2011 by POPtheKlEEN89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Meh i can kinda understand why, with the way things are going economy wise there gonna have to try and exploit different markets more effectively.

They know adults are spending less on themselves, but they also know parents aint gonna feel so guilty about spending if that moneys on there kids, even if they are retarded enough to buy there kids lingerie.

Now, if only kids could make money for themselves, like they do in China and India....every ones a winner!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by POPtheKlEEN89

Its crazy isn't it!!!!

There is already a thread on this though....

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3-9-2011 by MRSeuphoric1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Wow I just read the article and was flipping through the TV and on the Kardashians the episode was about Fathers having the sex talk with their daughters.

Coincidence?

I guess I am just a prude for thinking that there is such thing as too young.
edit on 3-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MRSeuphoric1

sorry the articles new im just commenting on it where it will get seen

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Yea, we tried that same thing becuase our youth is something that is very important to us...(and the lack of protection for)... BUT ours was moved from social issues/civil unrest to RANT???

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Naturally, this latest phenomenon is a product of France, that pretentious place across the pond which presents itself as the fashion authority for the rest of the world (although it can’t seem to ever win a war without our help). Read more: Mount Airy News - Lingerie for tots — France’s latest stupid idea

i stopped when i got to this bit, thats some nice reporting there.

edit on 3-9-2011 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

oh god forbid the facts be more disturbing than the way it was reported

high horse /off

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
its sad really, kids should be left be kids...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Kids want to act like adults big deal. If you get turned on looking at a kid in lingerie it's not the clothes fault, there is something wrong with YOU.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by POPtheKlEEN89
I decided for the longest time not to even touch this topic with a stick but now its unavoidable, seriously whats next??? Condoms for little kids? topless kiddy beaches?
In Europe is common for young children (maybe up to 4 or 5 years old) to be naked on the beach, so "topless kiddy beaches" would be too conservative.

As I see it, this is another case of some US "journalism" turning its guns to something they do not understand but that they can use to inflame their audience/readers.

In case you don't know, kids use underwear, and they have been using it for a long time.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
i agree with armap, so kids lingerie is bad since its from france(loved the war side comment), but i guess kids beauty pagents, kids having plastic surgery and botox injections, i guess thats ok.

to me the issue here is pretty much the same.

but its always easier to point the finger somewhere else.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

France did conquer most of Europe you know

But aye they generaly are a bunch of pretentious cheese eatin surrender monkeys.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Well.. with that kind of reporting you have to at least consider that they are blowing it way out of proportion. I'd say it's fairly far from "lingerie for kids."

That's some pretty snotty reporting. There isn't anything wrong with the French. Plus when a girl has that French accent I'll admit it drives me a little wild.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
I'd say it's fairly far from "lingerie for kids."

That's one of the problems, lingerie doesn't have the same meaning in English and in French, but for an ignorant "journalist" that doesn't matter, specially if they can get an opportunity to insult the French.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Noun, women’s underwear and nightclothes. From the French linge, meaning linen.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

In the early 80's,Saturday Night Live ran a segment called Babies in Make-up featuring 1-2 yr olds dressed in S&M gear,Diva-style facials and other such trash...and then there was the 13 yr old Brooke Shields in the famous"nothing comes between me and my Calvin's"Calvin Klein jeans ad...its nothing new..

edit on 3-9-2011 by gandamack2 because: dawgsbaine

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Kids want to act like adults big deal. If you get turned on looking at a kid in lingerie it's not the clothes fault, there is something wrong with YOU.

This is so much b*llsh*t. Yes...anyone getting off on kids in lingerie is f*cked up..but to use that to insinuate that PROTESTING the violation of children in this manner is akin to admitting yourself a paedo is WRONG.

There IS something wrong with selling this kind of crap. Adults abusing kids in his fashion be it for profit or so called sexual " freedom" IS wrong and if we dont stop it NOW at its root it will be YOUR kids and their kids who will reap the consequences of OUR deriliction of duty.

wake the f*ck up.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
I'd say it's fairly far from "lingerie for kids."

That's one of the problems, lingerie doesn't have the same meaning in English and in French, but for an ignorant "journalist" that doesn't matter, specially if they can get an opportunity to insult the French.

Did you see the pictures they are using to sell this stuff? Heavily made up 4-12 yr olds layered with jewlery wearing skimpy clothes that wouldnt warm a gnat wearing adult hair styles posing suggestivly in iconically adult poses 'symbolically' with teddys? You find that 'ok' ? You really think this is 'for the children' ? Wake the f*ck up.
Padded bras and gstrings ARE lingerie not 'linen'.

edit on 3-9-2011 by Rosha because: typos

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join