It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The White & Black American Minority Myth (The Future of the United States)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The White & Black American Minority Myth (The Future of the United States)

Link: The Myth of The coming White Minority
Dated: 2008

But there was another problem with all this coverage of how white America is rapidly becoming a minority: The Census Bureau never actually said it.

So what explains the persistent drumbeat about the impending white minority? A statistical distortion: the exclusion of Hispanic whites. If only non-Hispanic whites are counted, the white population today amounts to 66 percent of the total, and will fall to around 46 percent by 2050.

But excluding whites of Hispanic origin from the overall white population makes no more sense than excluding whites of Slavic or Scandinavian origin. "Hispanic" is not a race. It is an ethnic category. As the Census Bureau repeatedly points out, Hispanics can be of any race. In the 2000 census, 48 percent of Hispanics identified themselves as white; Harvard sociologist Orlando Patterson has characterized them as "white in every social sense of this term." Bottom line: Of the 46.6 million Hispanics in the United States today, at least 22 million are white -- even if it suits some people's racial or political agenda to pretend otherwise.

One of the lessons of US history is that racial categories are anything but meaningful scientific classifications. For generations, "whites" have been hearing that they are about to be engulfed by unassimilable foreign races, and for generations those "races" have gone on to become -- white! Benjamin Franklin worried mightily about the threat posed to white American culture by the influx of German immigrants. "Why should Pennsylvania, founded by the English, become a Colony of Aliens," he demanded in a pamphlet published in 1751, "who will shortly be so numerous as to Germanize us instead of our Anglifying them? Those "swarthy" Germans, Franklin was quite sure, "will never adopt our Language or Customs, any more than they can adopt our Complexion."

And so in time, we may hope, will Hispanics, who give every indication of being just as assimilable as earlier groups. Most third-generation Hispanic Americans, for example, marry non-Hispanics. The overwhelming majority speak English -- in many cases, only English. With a little luck, common sense, and goodwill, it will seem as odd in 2050 to focus on "non-Hispanic whites" as it would today to insist that only "non-German whites" are really white.

Current Data: 2010 Census Data

Sorry for this massive quote, but I think it is a very important article. Even though certain White European descendants are disappearing from America, people are missing what is actually happening to our society. As Hispanic-Americans steadily integrate with both the white and black population, our ancestors will have a mix bag of genetics. If people did some research into the demographic projections for 2040/2050, the African-American population has the same problem as the dwindling old-school white population. African-American population will only grow by 2%.

What is happening?

Whites are marrying blacks.
Blacks are marrying whites.

Regardless about where you come from on the globe, American immigrants are socially and genetically integrating with each other. My ancestors are Irish, French, British, German, and Scottish. Even though I have a very dominant Irish background, my ancestors mixed their genes with different populations. Within approximately twenty to thirty years from now, I am willing to bet that my descendants will have genes that consists of: Irish, French, British, German, Scottish, Hispanic - or Black.

What many 'Americans' are missing is that - Within the genetic makeup of our future descendants, you will never find a pure European, Asian, and African in our society.

Welcome to America. No one has pure genes.

Live it... Love it...

I am Caucasian and I love you all.

Why?

You are me.

edit on 9/3/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

I'm black and I love you all, too.

Where and when do we stop looking at this from a microscopic view? This is a human experience, not a racial experiment.

That's all I have to say about this.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cry93

I'm black and I love you all, too.

Where and when do we stop looking at this from a microscopic view? This is a human experience, not a racial experiment.

That's all I have to say about this.

Amen.

---Added--

People are getting married, regardless about culture, because they love each other.

You can't stop love.

We are only human.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Fear mongering - chalk it up to trying to whip up one group to see another as an eminent threat. Historically, all the way to present day, it plays out in religious and political arenas. We've got to start seeing beyond this illusion if any of us are to prosper and enjoy peace.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm not black, I'm not white, not purple, not orange, not green.. I am part of a much bigger picture.. I am a human being..

Judge me as you please, but just remember my brother or sister.. Peace be with you.

☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮
edit on 3-9-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
By the year 2060, we will be entering the posthuman era anyway, and merging with machine intelligence. Instead of lame questions like "what race are you", our civilization will be concerned with newer worries such as "how augmented are you?" and "what proportion of you is biological?"

Here is a graph showing where computer power is headed in the next few decades:

A Computer with the power of a human brain

edit on 3-9-2011 by kristobal because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2011 by kristobal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

I see your point and humor here. But I take this seriously.

Human to human where do I have the right to judge you, particularly in a spiritual manner? We are here for the spiritual experience.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
We're human, once we learn this we can get somewhere.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth
Fear mongering - chalk it up to trying to whip up one group to see another as an eminent threat. Historically, all the way to present day, it plays out in religious and political arenas. We've got to start seeing beyond this illusion if any of us are to prosper and enjoy peace.

Yep.

Thanks to media and politics.

Fear mongering in the name of genetics and cultural differences is the worse decease in the history of mankind.

Too bad we can't sue media outlets and political parties.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Post in here if you love the human race.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Married or not my spirit leads me to love you. I love you because I see the "me" and the "god" in you.

We are all one.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kristobal
By the year 2060, we will be entering the posthuman era anyway, and merging with machine intelligence. Instead of lame questions like "what race are you", our civilization will be concerned with newer worries such as "how augmented are you?" and "what proportion of you is biological?"

The haves will begin to outpace the have-nots at an even more accelerated pace. Hopefully there will be a savior that can distribute self-replicating nano-augmentations to everyone on the planet to even the playing field.

And it never became "aware?" Well, that actually has metaphysical implications now, doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn

Originally posted by kristobal

The haves will begin to outpace the have-nots at an even more accelerated pace. Hopefully there will be a savior that can distribute self-replicating nano-augmentations to everyone on the planet to even the playing field.

And it never became "aware?" Well, that actually has metaphysical implications now, doesn't it?

I choose to ignore the machine aspect you replied to above. Instead, I will say that the awareness will come from the Age of Aquarius. Humans will no longer be mind/body/spirit entities and a 4th aspect/layer/dimension will take over.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Then if all this is true get rid of the federally-funded programs like Affirmative action and it's misguided social engineering that uses quotas

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The human race has to learn how to transcend not only race but culture through education and understanding. Unfortunately there still remains doctrines and philosophies within cultures of a political and often religious nature that breed sectarianism, racism and cultural aggression, which feed the beast of division and hatred.

That which counters this negative pole of human thought must be encouraged to prosper amongst the creative and humanistic fields of thought that do exist within our cultures.

Counter hatred with love whenever possible, apathy with empathy and compassion, tyranny with freedom and true democracy, and most of all: ignorance with knowledge and wisdom.

And in the end when the universal soul returns to perfection, as much of the world as possible with transit this world of imperfection into a world of peace, happiness and universal joy, the essence of the human spirit..

top topics

join