It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The strangest weather ever recorded...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dionisius

A perfect post illuminating just how weird our planet is.

Thanks.

And buy a really good umbrella.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

This article explains what I feel is occurring, if not from tornadoes, then from very strong updrafts. I think if the updraft was strong enough it could grab many of the objects in the OP and transport and distribute them over a wide area.

LONG-RANGE DEBRIS TRANSPORT AND FALLOUT

On the afternoon of May 7, 1995, a series of tornadoes produced significant damage (up to F3 intensity) in north-central Texas and south-central Oklahoma. Beginning the day after this event, press releases were distributed to news media along and downstream of the tornado track to alert residents to be on the lookout for transported debris. Fifty-two reports of long-range debris transport were received. (Here "long-range" refers to debris which was found greater than 8 km [5 mi] from its source.) Forty-three items were traced back to their point of origin, and trajectories outside the storm environment have been estimated using local VORTEX soundings, WSR-88D data, and fall speeds calculated from the actual debris collected.

Read some of the stone falls
www.subversiveelement.com...
I lived near Chico, Ca where the falling of stones started in a clear sunny sky in 1928, they fell off and on for 4 months with many witnesses. I doubt it was from Tornadoes in this valley area.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

i can understand the peaches coming down in la. the tigers beat the bulldogs that year

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It's high time it rained money - now that would have us all doing a rain dance.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Well now of all things I have to look for blood and gore! Do you mean like the Lebanon area for Wilson County? I'm not gonna say where I live but I will say I am close. Guess I will be making a trip to the Library Tuesday and see what I can dig up.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
alot of things have fallen from the sky that shouldnt have been there. some can be explained, some cant. Thanks for showing me some i havent heard of.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
It's high time it rained money - now that would have us all doing a rain dance.

I will second that.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Looks like H.A.A.R.P is older than we thought it was.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I have done some research in the past on just these types of phenomenon, the usual explanation given is that the objects are picked up by tornadoes or waterspouts and carried around by high atmospheric winds until eventually the weight of the objects is greater than the power of the wind to keep them aloft and they fall, usually as part of a thunder or hailstorm many miles distant. If the objects reach a high enough altitude they freeze before they fall. Just saying

Peace all

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I have seen a similar even myself in person, however it was on a much smaller scale. There was a water spout one day while I was diving in the Med. Imagine a tornado at sea. It picked up what was probably millions of gallons of water, which then fell back to earth as ice about 10 min later. And there was fish and plant life in it. It was only a local event and I doubt anybody other than me and my dive partner saw it. It covered the rocks and cliff for a few hundred yards, but did not reach too far inland. Within about 15 min. the ice had all melted and the birds were eating the fish. We looked at each other, shrugged, and went back to our dive trip.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
When cows start falling from the sky, encased in blocks of ice, then it's time to worry! lol

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dionisius

A peach of a storm. In 1961, a portion of Shreveport, LA was pelted by small, unripe peaches during a passing thunderstorm.

This one can easily be explained away.
Ruston, LA is only about 50 miles from Shreveport and Ruston is known for its peaches, they even hold a peach festival every year.
www.ruston.org...

It is easy to see how a large dust devil or small tornado could have swept by a Ruston peach farm and delivered them to some parts of Shreveport.
Not much of a mystery there.

I'm sure the rest of these weird "rains" can also be easily explained away in similar fashion?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by digitalbluco
This thread. The stuff you mention. Just blows me away. How in the world? The only thing I can guess is these reports.. they just can't be true. It is just too hard for me to believe any of them.

I sure hope you find some sort of proof, because this interests me very much. When I get back home today from work, I'll be doing some research myself... Very odd stuff.

There are many many things in the world which are really hard to beleive - you just have to keep trying! I have read repoerts like these many times. There was a Discovery Channel program about this type of event too - they are all certainly very true.

It is fabulous and fascinating out there. We should all remember this type of story when we are looking at what appears to be an unbeleivable plot or conspiracy.

My motto is that if the universe in infinate then there are an infinate number of possabilities, therfore everything is possible!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Some of you are wayyy to skeptical. but just because you explain away strange event's doesn't mean it's case closed because it's just your thought.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Wow that's amazing. I didn't even know that was possible.

Great find S&F&

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Originally posted by Doodle19815
reply to post by OneisOne

Do you mean like the Lebanon area for Wilson County?

The very same.

It happened on E. M. Chandler's tobacco farm on Spring Creek. I did a search for Spring Creek, Wilson County and found that it was located southeast of Lebanon off Sparta Pike. Here's a link to the map: Spring Creek (Historical)

The book states that the Lebanon Chronicle sent a correspondent to interview the witnesses and inspect the field. And that "within a few weeks" the Nashville papers picked up the story.

Hope that helps you narrow down your search!

Good Luck!!
OiO

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
A theory I read about says that small tornadoes pick this stuff up and then strong updrafts keep it circulating in the clouds. When it gets heavy enough, it drops. Imagine: Let's say out in Kansas, where there are fields as far as the eye can see, a small tornado occurs and sweeps over a pond where there are a lot of small frogs, sucking them up into the storm. The tornado is over and when the storm weakens 100 miles later, the frogs drop, I would love to see that.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This kind of freakish weather could literally produce the Raining of cats and dogs
Now that would certainly be freakish.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
iv always wanted to see things falling from the sky

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Very interesting weather.
I remember seeing this awhile back about spiders falling from the sky:

Christian and his friends decided to take a trip to Salta Province during their Easter vacation. Around 3 p.m. on April 6, they started to hike into the San Bernardo Mountain. Two hours later, they found the ground around them was blanketed with spiders of many colors, each about four inches across.

They found more and more spiders along their way up the mountain. It was even stranger that some spiders were falling on them, because it was a broad mountain valley and nothing was above them but the sky. They looked up, and saw numerous spiders falling from the sky.

Link to article

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join