It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Locked my keys in my car... best way to open it

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Here's what I mentioned in an earlier response:

offerupnow.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: jstanthrno1

tennis ball

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Triple A?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Tennis ball trick

Very useful for when your keys are locked in the car and the person filming has an extra set with the lock button on them.

Air pressure ain't gonna mechanically turn the lock... Nor will it move the various other parts that move when you turn the lock.

Pretty sure it was on Mythbusters.

Edit: it is.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 21-8-2023 by rounda because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: rounda

yeah happy that its been disproved enough times now.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 08:59 AM
link   
You can power up most cars by connecting a battery to the electric system by connecting the neg to ground and positive to any positive wire under the car, this will give you enough amperage to allow the electric system to work and give you power to the electric door lock system. If you know the wiring for the starter, that is a good place to start

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Call AAA

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: jstanthrno1
Ok, maybe a stretch but itd be a useful survival skill... how to get into a locked car.

Locked my keys in my 01 hardtop mustang and trying to figure out how to open it up without damaging it. Ive tried one makeshift slim jim with no luck.

Its in my driveway so its not completely urgent but I need to get it open by the end of the weekend. The locksmith is reasonable but I dont want to pay for it and the local Police Station wouldnt open it like they used to years ago. I also tried to get a key from a dealer using the VIN but the car is too old.

Any suggestions?

Some people tape (duct tape?) an extra key underneath the car in case this happens.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: LargeFries

And the coolest thing about AAA, you don't have to be a member in advance. You can call them for the very first time on the side of the road and sign up, they will send help when you have paid for your membership with a CC. And if you let your membership lapse, you can renew from the roadside too. Been there, done that.

I love AAA.

edit on 8/22/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels
a reply to: LargeFries

And the coolest thing about AAA, you don't have to be a member in advance. You can call them for the very first time on the side of the road and sign up, they will send help when you have paid for your membership with a CC. And if you let your membership lapse, you can renew from the roadside too. Been there, done that.

I love AAA.

So they held you hostage until you paid them?

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Try holding your car over your head upside down and shaking it.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join