Locked my keys in my car... best way to open it

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jstanthrno1

I lock myself out quite often. I have lojack for this reason (I don't care if I am tracked) and they are very good about opening doors.

A locksmith can make a new key from a blank if the key does not have a chip.
A tow driver will pry open the door slightly and use a coat hangar to open the door.

Call a locksmith, get a new key made and duct tape it (securely) somewhere inconspicuous under the car

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I actually was able to pick up a slim jim kit from a very unusual store once. I use it in such cases. However, most insurance companies cover the locksmith charge, so that's your best bet. You may already be paying for it, so why risk damage? My kit uses wedge shaped plastic pieces to wedge the opening between the door and frame, allowing for the other tools to slip in and hit the lock.

Most modern vehicles are immune to the coat hanger trick, because the window goes much more into the door frame, preventing access this way. Of course, having a spare key handy (I keep one in my wallet) is the best solution. It doesn't even have to have the chip, just to get you in the door, so can be copied anywhere...even Walmart.

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join