It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WIKILEAKS Cablegate : Password Released, Post your Finds

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I created this thread to post any interesting, apalling, or strange finds ATS users come across in their own research or from other sources. A catch-all of sorts, for the leaked data. Please, be sure to redact all sensitive info in order to not put ATS at jeapordy for any reason.

So far, I haven't found much that is surprising. Most of it turns my stomach, but I will start with something very interesting I've been reading from this page :

www.wikileaks.ch...

¶6. WHAT REALLY DISTINGUISHES SYRIA, HOWEVER, IS ITS
CANDID ASSESSMENT THAT TERRORISM IS COST EFFECTIVE.
IN PART, THIS IS A FUNCTION OF THE DETERRENTS TO ANY
DIRECT MILITARY ACTION POSED BY SUPERIOR ISRAELI FORCES
OR ARAB OPINION. SYRIA IS ALSO NOT THE FIRST REGIME
TO HAVE DISCOVERED THAT ONE EFFECTIVE WAY OF DEALING
WITH POLITICAL OPPOSITION IS TO EXTINGUISH IT. ANOTHER
FACTOR WHICH WE CANNOT ASSESS PRECISELY IS THE EXTENT
AND NATURE OF SOVIET SUPPORT FOR TERRORIST ACTIVITIES
WHICH MAY BE DIRECTED FROM SYRIA. FOR EXAMPLE, IT IS
NOT FAR FETCHED TO CONCEIVE OF A SOVIET ROLE IN PROMOTING
INSURGENT ACTIVITIES INVOLVING THE KURDS AGAINST TURKEY
OR TERRORIST ACTIVITIES INVOLVING OTHER GROUPS AGAINST
EUROPEAN TARGETS. (THE SOVIETS HERE STOUTLY MAINTAIN
THEIR OPPOSITION TO, AND NON-INVOLVEMENT IN, ANY SUCH
ACTIVITIES.)

Aside from the whole cable painting Syria as a country that can barely contain the hatred toward Israel, and at best, tolerates the terrorism because it would lose too much face if it didn't, this cable also puts Syria in the back seat of most middle east politics.

Given the chance, they would open up on Israel and at worst, join the fray of an ongoing attack from another country against Israel.

What is stranger, is that there is a hinted Soviet element that is somewhat discarded in the same paragraph. Why would this even be in a SECRET leak? A claim, no matter if it was disregarded later or not, is extremely substantial. I, for one, believe the initial claim that the Soviets are in line with Syria and every other country willing to work with them.

I personally believe that the next world war will be headed by China and Russia, with the Middle Eastern countries in tow.

China will cut us off in Pakistan, and force us into Iraq and Afghanistan, finally pushing us out. The Middle East will collapse on Israel, and Russia will go after the European nations.

What did you find?

If you did not download the 60GB File, I don't blame you. Feel free to browse through it here, online :
www.wikileaks.ch...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

To me this is interesting that they mention Russia, I can't really see the benefit for them of supporting anti Israeli groups, is this the start of another cold war that may not be so cold?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I was just poking through the 2000 pages that were returned from my search, and I came across this little piece of information:

Al-Assar commented that Egypt was in negotiations with
Iraq to supply the Iraqi military with approximately 140 tanks,
which are manufactured at the FMF tank facility. He noted that the
Egyptian Ministry of Defense was awaiting the United States
positive response to its request for approval of the transfer. Dr.
Kahl noted that the U.S. was considering this request and would
provide a response soon.

While this doesn't seem all that important or surprising, for me it fortified two things: first, that there is a lot of arms trading that goes on between Middle-Eastern countries, and even Africa. It also leads me to believe that the US must approve certain deals between countries.

It goes on to say that Egypt receives the second most amount of foreign aid in the world, and despite the financial state of the US, Egypt is sure that the US will be able to help secure them the funding they need. Wow.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
What did you find?

Is there any way to do a keyword search?
The other search engine I know of, cablesearch, doesnt have this new set.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
good to see a thread without the title of insurance file, sick of thinking the bloody insurance file password had been released when it was just this "Cablegate" stuff, which as far as i can see is just all the wikileaks stuff that was going to be released anyway, but just all at one time.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
What did you find?

Is there any way to do a keyword search?
The other search engine I know of, cablesearch, doesnt have this new set.

list your keywords and Ill post the docs w/ positive results.

Don't bother with "UFO" - there's nothing worth reading for that search

+22 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
This one, in my opinion is...MAJOR

BLIX AND ELBARADEI, SUBMITTED TO THE SECURITY COUNCIL ON 27 JANUARY 2003, SUBSTANTIATED IRAQ'S DECLARATIONS AND CONSEQUENTLY CONFIRMED THAT THE REPORTS OF PRESIDENT BUSH AND PRIME MINISTER BLAIR WERE DEVOID OF TRUTH AND HAD BEEN DRAFTED IN ORDER TO DISTORT THE PICTURE OF IRAQ AND CREATE PRETEXTS FOR AGGRESSION AGAINST IRAQ AND AGAINST THE REGION AS A WHOLE.

laurelai.info...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tom_Proctor

Yeah, but its not like anyone paying attention didnt already know that Bush and co were lying about it anyway.

I do like the bit later on in that cable, is basically "put up or shut up, you lying B*&^%('s"

WE REQUEST THE GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES, THROUGH YOU, TO SUBMIT IMMEDIATELY ITS ALLEGED EVIDENCE TO THE TECHNICAL COMMITTEE ENTRUSTED BY THE UNITED NATIONS WITH VERIFYING SUCH ALLEGATIONS...
IN THIS CONNECTION, WE CAUTION AGAINST USING THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OR THE SECURITY COUNCIL AS FORUMS FOR SPREADING FALSE ACCUSATIONS AND FABRICATED EVIDENCE IN OPEN DISREGARD FOR THE MECHANISMS PRESCRIBED BY THE SECURITY COUNCIL

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by Tom_Proctor

Yeah, but its not like anyone paying attention didnt already know that Bush and co were lying about it anyway.

I do like the bit later on in that cable, is basically "put up or shut up, you lying B*&^%('s"

WE REQUEST THE GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED STATES, THROUGH YOU, TO SUBMIT IMMEDIATELY ITS ALLEGED EVIDENCE TO THE TECHNICAL COMMITTEE ENTRUSTED BY THE UNITED NATIONS WITH VERIFYING SUCH ALLEGATIONS...
IN THIS CONNECTION, WE CAUTION AGAINST USING THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OR THE SECURITY COUNCIL AS FORUMS FOR SPREADING FALSE ACCUSATIONS AND FABRICATED EVIDENCE IN OPEN DISREGARD FOR THE MECHANISMS PRESCRIBED BY THE SECURITY COUNCIL

Sure, but now there's good hard evidence.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I believe somebody got it open using this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

unless I have been misinformed

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Heya

If there is anything at all relating to Australia I would love to read it

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toddlez
reply to post by ecoparity

Heya

If there is anything at all relating to Australia I would love to read it

Warning: Extremely huge list, may crash browsers, may even crash older computers.

Here is a list containing everything that was in that file. It does appear there are some Australian cables as well.

laurelai.info...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by rayuki
good to see a thread without the title of insurance file, sick of thinking the bloody insurance file password had been released when it was just this "Cablegate" stuff, which as far as i can see is just all the wikileaks stuff that was going to be released anyway, but just all at one time.

Don't worry they already slowly dripped you
the good stuff almost a year ago.

They had this planned the whole time.

It is a hogwash.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Ok, so I was digging around in the Aussie section and came across a cable about the Carbon Pollution Reduction Scheme (CPRS) having been defeated in the senate.

For the benefit of overseas peeps, Rudd= Former Labor Prime Minister

In the meantime, Rudd will not benefit from the added leverage that an approved CPRS legislation would have given him in international negotiations at Copenhagen. The Greens could now acquire the role of power broker in future climate change votes in the Senate. End Summary.

It goes on to say...

Given the Liberals' overall electoral weakness, the Greens could gain several Senate seats and become the swing party in the Senate, and further complicating passage of future legislation.

I found these sections rather interesting. This cable was created on December 2nd 2009, as of the 2010 election these events came to pass exactly.

Not Earth shattering news, but an interesting prediction none the less

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Report that soldiers executed women and children while handcuffed:

Cablegate-06GENEBA763

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
laurelai.info...

US Bribes Terrorists

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
laurelai.info...

Islamist MP Nasser al-Sane voiced his concern that regime change in Iraq could lead to oil prices as low as five USD per barrel.

Rep. Mike Rogers (R-MI) responded by assuring al-Sane
that stable oil prices are in the economic interest of the
entire world, including the United States, whose high-cost
producers would be driven out of business by a precipitous
drop in prices.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
All 251,287 US embassy cables

www.cablegatesearch.net...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Searching for extraterrestrial (only in the first 1500) gives us "Mayor Meets Ambassador, Confirms Extraterrestrial Life"

It is only a short sentence from Tajikistan, but its a start.

"we know there is life on other planets, but we must make peace here first."

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
All 251,287 US embassy cables

This worked for a while, but now i'm getting a This Account Has Been Suspended message.

Either the PTB have cracked down, or they just didnt buy enough bandwidth.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join