It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Corporate Media In American Society

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I concur 100% they try to dumb you down like that casey anthony bs i feel sorry for the little girl but two years of continued coverage was a bit much. That was not the only murdered child in the us in my hometown a guy killed 9 people including a baby but we arent seeing his trial explain to me why.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I agree. I think.

Just to clarify - you do know Big Brother is corporate, right? And our "national government" is actually a corporate-government "partnership," fronting for the Global Corporate Government? ...Right?

love ya - good to see you.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by teotwawki77

I concur 100% they try to dumb you down like that casey anthony bs i feel sorry for the little girl but two years of continued coverage was a bit much. That was not the only murdered child in the us in my hometown a guy killed 9 people including a baby but we arent seeing his trial explain to me why.
Yep there are always big distraction stories. Casey Anthony, Royal Wedding, and stories like that which deserve little to no attention are covered extensively for weeks. The only reason I can think of why they would bombard us with so much of that is to distract us from something big that's occuring simultaneously.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Originally posted by TheLoony
reply to post by soficrow

Check out MaxMars thread: Study shows powerful corporations really do control the world's finances - which means they also control the media and peoples' minds.

...If there's only a few corps that own the media, then how many are there that own the food?

The few that control the world's finances and media also control our food, water, homes and health (insurance, Big Pharma).

They really do have us all by the balls.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Thread update

I was thinking about what connections the corporate media might have on a global scale, and decided to see if any of them had ties to the Bilderberg Group. I found that quite a few big media moguls were attendees:

Major Corporations:

Donald E. Graham (2008–2010),[86] CEO and Chairman of The Washington Post Company, Board of Directors for Facebook

Media:

Nicolas Beytout, (French)[104] Editor of Le Figaro,(France)
Conrad Black (1981, 1983, 1985–1996)[46](1997),[112] Hollinger International, Inc.
William F. Buckley, Jr. (1996),[113] columnist and founder of National Review(deceased)
Will Hutton[24] (1997), former CEO of The Work Foundationand editor-in-chief for The Observor
Andrew Knight (1996),[34][46] journalist, editor, and media baron
George Stephanopoulos (1996, 1997),[46] Former Communications Director of the Clinton Administration (1993–1996), now ABC News Chief Washington Correspondent
Peter Mansbridge (2010), Chief Correspondent, Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
Oscar Bronner (2010),[95] Publisher and Editor, Der Standard
Tøger Seidenfaden (1999, 2001–03),[114] editor-in-chief, Politiken

And wouldn't you know it, the Rockefeller Family has ties to the Council On Foreign Relations.

The family has been awarded the annual UNA-USA’s Global Leadership Award, along with other recipients over time, including Bill Clinton and Michael Bloomberg. Members of the Rockefeller family into the fourth generation (especially the prominent banker and statesman David Rockefeller, who is the present family patriarch) have been heavily involved in international politics, and have donated money, established or been involved in the following major international institutions:

The Council on Foreign Relations - David, David Jr., Nelson, John D. 3rd, John D. IV (Jay), Peggy Dulany, Rockefeller Foundation, Rockefeller Brothers Fund.

So the most powerful people in the world control or at the very least have influence over the MSM in this country.

edit on 2-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: to edit my post

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Occurs they are that is why we don't elect presidents anymore corporate chose them and then they shove them on us.

We think we do, that is why I call our politicians whores.:
The corporate lobbyists the pimps.

Glad to see you again.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

What?!
for the Immortal tech video at the end, but yeah there's no doubt this is what's happening, control the info presented to people and shape them into what you want them to be...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by LargeFries

have to disagree with your instructions to not watch mainstream media news, my friend. stay informed, stay alert, stay aware: know what 'they' are feeding the masses so that you may intelligently discuss the topics of the day with those you come in contact with. no, i'm not saying watch and believe, not at all. i'm saying people like you and i should know the BS that is being put out to people so that we may be able to present other viewpoints and alternative news that we find from other sources.

know what they are saying so others can know the truth.
Nah dude I'm not even going to give MSM a chance. Even if you watch their shows with full awareness that it's propaganda, it'll still get through to you. Don't even give them a chance to manipulate your mind.

You don't have to watch MSM to be aware, there are alternative news sites that provide the same information without the intention of brainwashing people into thinking a certain way.

So be it. Reminds me of someone else's post, about turning off all TV altogether. Pretending it doesn't exist doesn't make it go away. I understand some may prefer to hunt with an empty gun...to each, their own.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

So be it. Reminds me of someone else's post, about turning off all TV altogether. Pretending it doesn't exist doesn't make it go away. I understand some may prefer to hunt with an empty gun...to each, their own.
Why would I keep watching it? To identify the bias and show it to others? There are already groups that do that, for example ourfoxed.org

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join