It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major 'event' needed to shake up/wake up America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Who here feels that in light of all of the economic and political turmoil happening in the US these days (and the rest of the world for that matter), and with all of the dirty politics, it unfortunately really is going to take some sort of major 'game-changing' event to set things straight here in the States?

By major event I mean mass riots for political/financial reform, some sort of massive natural disaster with tons of destruction (far more than Hurricane Irene), heaven forbid another 9/11 type event, heck even an alien invasion (from outerspace, not outer-country...) Please, PLEASE note that I am not advocating or hoping for anything like this to happen - I just believe that we are in so deep at this point we really have no way out. There is no light at the end of the tunnel. I'm just trying to express that in my opinion our country (USA) is sinking so fast that there is really no other way out of it.

What is your take, am I crazy for feeling this way?
edit on 1-9-2011 by Ajax because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Its needed to wake up the whole world for that matter.
everyone

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
yep I agree and so does Paul Krugman :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's going to be the 10th year of the war on terror pretty soon, i think we're due for a new war with brand new enemies... this one is getting boring.

link   
I agree we need a big enough earthquake that will shake the burgers, and remotes out of America's hands..

link   
The best way I see this happening...

Cut off the cable/satellite TV and cell phones... Leave the internet up for people to get info from...

Or shut off our biggest addiction of all... gasoline/oil

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Don't worry mother nature is going to handle business for us. Hope your faith is strong and you are not easily deceived.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Just show them Building 7 in every big city in US and on thousands big screens ..and you will see waking /shaking up

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Donald Rumsfeld definately agrees with you

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Outlaw celebrities and football. Enjoy ensuing revolution.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
will be contagion...
just a hunch, with all the mutant virus crap coming out now, and them just approving DRACO, etc its a pretty damn strong hunch

one way or another, the flock is about to be culled, im sure of it

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

off topic
edit on 1-9-2011 by Venomilk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ajax

Probably all of the above are in the works

No doubt, they have already ordered all of us those little flags to wave when the time comes to go to war.

--That's what it is going to be, you know. War.

After all, hurricanes and earthquakes are not called forth from around a backroom table. (--Are they!?)

And their budget has been threatened with cuts. They need to ramp it back up there

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ajax

The only game changing EVENT that is needed over there in the USA is when all those big bankers are arrested and charged for theft and highway robbery!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I need to post this somewhere and someone mentioned that it was getting boring so here take a look at this video // Who is Rich Beel secrecykills.com... and then sit back for part 1 from Boiling Frogs This is Part I of our three-part one-of-a-kind interview series with author and researcher Paul Thompson. For additional background information please visit the complete 9/11 Timeline Investigative Project at HistoryCommons.Org and Richard Clarke’s interview by John Duffy and Ray Nowosielski at SecrecyKills.Com.

Paul Thompson joins us to discuss the latest revelations by former counterterrorism czar Richard Clarke and his explosive allegations against three former top CIA officials – George Tenet, Cofer Black and Richard Blee – accusing them of knowingly withholding intelligence about two of the 9/11 hijackers, Nawaf al-Hazmi and Khalid al-Mihdhar, who had entered the United States more than a year before the attacks. He provides us with the most comprehensive history and context to date on Nawaf al-Hazmi and Khalid al-Mihdhar, who hijacked American Airlines Flight 77 with three other terrorists and flew the jetliner directly into the Pentagon killing 189 people. Mr. Thompson takes us through a mind-boggling journey through the Yemen Hub, the highly critical Malaysia Summit, Thailand, USS Cole bombing, CIA’s Alec Station, NSA, FBI and beyond!
show # 53 www.boilingfrogspost.com...
edit on 1-9-2011 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I'm right there with you Ajax.

Don't feel crazy for thinking this way. It will most certainly take something huge to shake us up and get things to change for the better. But unfortunately it won't be an instant change. It will be a single event that tips the scale just enough to begin a chain reaction. The reaction might take years, but every day will move us closer to vast improvement.

On a somewhat related note, I'm getting closer and closer to wanting to put on some costume and scare the hell out of evil people. Make them rethink their ways. Do things for the good of humanity. Let them know that they are being judged by someone who has no fear of death or scruples. Who is willing to do extreme things for something they believe in..

Anyway, I'm not there yet. I need my own huge event to shake me up before I go down that road.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by danj3ris

On a somewhat related note, I'm getting closer and closer to wanting to put on some costume and scare the hell out of evil people. Make them rethink their ways. Do things for the good of humanity. Let them know that they are being judged by someone who has no fear of death or scruples. Who is willing to do extreme things for something they believe in..

Anyway, I'm not there yet. I need my own huge event to shake me up before I go down that road.

Who are you!?! ...I'm Batman...

top topics

join