It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Class Action Suit Against Federal Government

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+55 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I have been paying into SS for over 30 years. I am appalled by the fact that my retirement funds are probably not going to be there in 20 years when I retire. SS was established as a trust. This means that my money is for my retirement, not for bailing out wall street or GM. I propose that a class action suit against the federal government be started, charging the government with misappropriation of funds, fraud, theft, and malfeasance. I further propose that the suit demand ALL moneys paid into SS by the plaintiffs be returned to them, with an annual interest rate equal to the average return rate of a normal savings account.

If we don't do something, and soon, it will all be depleted by TPTB. I would have effectively been robbed by the federal government. I plan to discuss my plan with an attorney to see if we can establish grounds for this. Of course this will involve a Constitutional lawyer as the original act will have to be reviewed to find exactly what was supposed to happen, and what actually did happen. I suspect that there will be grounds for this suit to proceed. Question is, are there others who agree and would join such a suit?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

yeah i don't see anybody wanting to join this
good luck and give them hell

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

Well, they have clearly violated the trust as set for in this statute:

BUDGETARY TREATMENT OF TRUST FUND OPERATIONS[17] Previous Document in Collection Parent Document in Collection Next Document in Collection Sec. 710. [42 U.S.C. 911] (a) The receipts and disbursements of the Federal Old-Age and Survivors Insurance Trust Fund and the Federal Disability Insurance Trust Fund and the taxes imposed under sections 1401 and 3101 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986[18] shall not be included in the totals of the budget of the United States Government as submitted by the President or of the congressional budget and shall be exempt from any general budget limitation imposed by statute on expenditures and net lending (budget outlays) of the United States Government. (b) No provision of law enacted after the date of enactment of the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1985[19] (other than a provision of an appropriation Act that appropriated funds authorized under the Social Security Act as in effect on the date of the enactment of the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1985) may provide for payments from the general fund of the Treasury to any Trust Fund specified in subsection (a) or for payments from any such Trust Fund to the general fund of the Treasury.

They have raided the coffers of SS to fund other budgetary shortfalls, which is a direct violation.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I will join your suit if you get a lawyer to take the case. Even if he does so on contingency, I would still join the suit with you. All who have paid into SS should have standing for such a complaint.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
i would join the suit but the money is already gone ...all of it.

the SS checks going out today are being paid by those people working and paying into it now. there is no fund anymore, hasn't been so for years. it is just another TAX now.

i seem to remember a revolution starting over similar reasons. taxation without representation and so forth. do like i do, i plan to retire in another country that isn't as screwed up.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
do like i do, i plan to retire in another country that isn't as screwed up.
This is my country. My home. I would prefer to fix it if possible. Leaving would be a last resort. If the US dies, where do you go? Seriously. I have been to many countries, and none match the US. Even now, in our fallen state, we are still a better place to live that most of the world.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Although I have only been paying into SS for 20 years, and some of those years more than others, I agree this needs to take place.

Pondering on this idea leads me to the possibility that we (citizens of The United States) might want to extend such a lawsuit to challenge ALL "unconstitutional" laws and actions taken by all 3 branches of fed. gov.

What this movement needs are smart, driven, and determined individuals whom have the time to do the research and put together some lists of these alleged "unconstitutional" laws or actions.

---Oh. And a really good team of lawyers.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

The problem with your lawsuit is that you are speculating that you won't receive anything from Social Security in 20 years.

Frankly you don't know whether or not SS will fail in that time.

When the time comes that SS does fail, or the GOP gives your money without your permission to wall street as per their plan, you then will have a legitimate lawsuit and I'll be more than happy to join in that lawsuit along with you.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
And then the courts will throw the suit out.

You think that these people will let you sue to get your money back?

We've all been robbed

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
As others have mentioned, I don't think you'd have a case until the checks stopped coming.
Even then, I don't see much chance in going to the government to sue the government.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Class Actions are used to absolve a guilty party of a crime....with minimal costs to that guilty party.

Plus Lawyers walk away with over half of any Class Action Suit's winnings.

Class Action= fail.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Sue em and keep on sueing em until you can't sue them anymore! Crooked crooks deserve to be sued I tell you! I am curious how this is going to turn out.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Well, let us know what your lawyer says. That way we know you're not just blowing smoke in order to get S&F's.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

I will do that. I don't know what the S&F's are for anyway.
Are they some sort of totem or something?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
In order for different Federal Agencies to share data on you Congress passed the Information Sharing Act.

If say DOD gave information (medical records) on alllll it's active duty, retirees, wives, dependents....to Veterans Affairs...and Veterans Affairs lost the information...

Per the Act each citizen who had their information lost/stolen would be entitled to $1000 each per the Act.

Well some fruit job from Veterans Affairs took a Laptop home with the information on the entire US Active Duty, their wives, their kids...all the retirees...and all the Veterans.....and the laptop was stolen from his home.

To absolve Congress of Liability....the Act in Congress would have had to pay out $1000 x millions of people....they did a "Class Action". The lawyers got all the money and the Veterans/Active Duty...some of them got a couple dollars to get a background check done.

Whallah....Congress/VA absolved of all liability. That's what class actions do.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
we should sue for the right to get out of paying into it, and getting back whatever we already have, and forego whatever benefit we would have had (yeah right) had we stayed in the program

sounds fair right?

too bad its a fairy tale

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
If I remember right, you can use this to opt out of social security through religious objections. But that leaves nothing for you when you're old and feeble. LOL. Like we'll be around to collect.LOL
dailyreckoning.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Where do I sign up?!?

MOTF!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I don't personally get any benefits from the Gov. I home school my kids, saving the Gov about 28000 a year. I have 4 kids. That's around 120,000 (rounded) a year. And I pay property tax which is supposed to fund education in my state. I don't see them writing me a check for the sum of that amount. I have a road at my house that I have tried to get fixed and in 15 years this has not happened. I cannot get medical insurance because it costs to much money and I apparently make to much money for any sort of medical assistance. Fine you take care of the roads that I drive on. And protect me from the Farce you call terrorists. So if you subtract the cost of roads every year. And the Farce terrorist protection. I would say The gov owes me about 20,000 or more as a refund.

I kind of look at it like this. If I give my daughter 1000.00 to buy a dress and she buy's crack instead. She won't get another cent from me. I feel the same way about the Gov. I give you money to take care of our country and you by bombs to kill other people and their countries. Why am I paying you taxes again?

So why don't poeple add up all the SS that you have paid and refuse to pay taxes in that amount. Put that money away for retirement. They can't spend what they don't have. That is how we make a stand.

Let them bring you into court for tax evasion and stand in front of a jury of your peers and tell them the same thing that your stating here.

I figure it all comes out in the wash. And what better people to stand by you than other Americans that are losing their SS as well. Who would also happen to be your jurors.

It only takes one person to win a case like that in court. Only one. and then a landslide.

Risky... But effective!!

The court system works for the Gov. But the People on the Jury are just like you. Just a thought.
edit on 1-9-2011 by bftroop because: had to add more

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Although I certainly appreciate the point that you are trying to make, as well as your sentiment, I feel this would be a waste of time and it would only put the people that the fed gov will eventually attempt to round up onto one organized list. Because the government would have all of the influence and power in a case like the one you propose, it would either be thrown out of court, or killed at the appellant level. However, if 80 million gun owners surrounded Washington D.C that may get someone's attention.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join