It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Class Action Suit Against Federal Government

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
while we are at it we can sue for our 40 acres and our mules as well as the Morgellons theyve infected the entire planet with..on 2nd though I think it best if we began to look at things from an entirely different perspective. Enough with the perpetuating of this evil system. Would it not be better to live in a world where you didnt need a pension or any type of retirement funds??? Sounds crazy right? Only because most are so trained to cooperate with this tyranny that actual freedom doesnt even occur in the minds of men. We are not meant to live in misery. We are meant to be free. We must stop cooperating with them. Protesting doesnt work. Boycott the banks. Stop giving them money. I stopped paying for my car a few years ago and they stopped harrassing me about 2yrs ago
I already paid almost $20,000 for a car worth less than $10,000 and prob only cost $2,000 to make. They wanted another $17,000 (YEAH RIGHT!!! lol ) This type of greed is evil and unacceptable. We should all have homes we are not in danger of loosing. That is the first requirement for freedom. All basic needs of survival must be met without question. This may sound impossibly insane but I know how the new world will be. Unfortunately most people will never see it. WE MUST STOP COOPERATING WITH THEM IF WE ARE EVER TO BE FREE. WE MUST STOP ALLOWING A FEW TO CONTROL THE MANY..BY ANY AND ALL MEANS NECESSARY!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 13Godslivinglight

I agree. Stop accepting debt as the norm. I no longer buy anything if I cannot afford to buy it outright. I have no loans, no credit cards, and no debt. I don't finance my car insurance, i pay it in full every 6 months. I do have a debit card, but I will be getting rid of that now that I am done with international travel. I probably will keep my bank account, but I will only keep 1 month worth of expenses in it. All the rest I am using to buy junk silver and some other portable investments. I am NOT buying gold. I really expect them to confiscate gold again. Then you will have lost all of the money you invested in it.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Dude, I am so in. Tptb talk about how it isn't solvent? It would be if they didn't borrow from it all the time.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

YAY.
Now all your money will go to the lawyers litigating your class action.
Enjoy your $10 dollars.

Don't spend it all in one place.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Irony..finding this post on my facebook page about an hour or so after commenting on this post about living freely.

www.youtube.com...#!
edit on 1-9-2011 by 13Godslivinglight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

I have to give you credit for this attempt to fight the system, actually if you get a lawyer I will sign for it too as my husband retirement age is approaching very fast.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Class Actions are used to absolve a guilty party of a crime....with minimal costs to that guilty party.

Plus Lawyers walk away with over half of any Class Action Suit's winnings.

Class Action= fail.

Is it really just all about money?

Class action = doing something

Doing nothing and continuing to get robbed = fail

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by haarvik

YAY.
Now all your money will go to the lawyers litigating your class action.
Enjoy your $10 dollars.

Don't spend it all in one place.

I love the defeatist attitudes on ATS.

I would join up with something like this and it would not even be about the money. Fact is, there is nothing to lose. That $10.00 that I should not "spend in one place" is probably going to be more money than the ZERO I will get when I retire. All this money the Government took for SS is gone. Chances are there are a lot of people who will never see a dime of that money.. so really what is there to lose?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
And then the courts will throw the suit out.

You think that these people will let you sue to get your money back?

We've all been robbed

Unfortunately people seem to believe they can defeat and dismantle a corrupt system (our government) by playing by the exact rules of that corrupt system (using law and order.)

Of course, as you say, it doesn't work that way. Deliberately and by design, it doesn't work that way.

These types of lawsuits are pipe dreams, but I guess I'm a dreamer, and besides, I believe being defiant is a great way to show displeasure. I'll join your lawsuit, after all, I've paid in involuntarily from every single paycheck I've ever earned, and I wouldn't see a dime of this money returned if I lived to the appropriate retirement age.

That's theft, plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Originally posted by CaDreamer
do like i do, i plan to retire in another country that isn't as screwed up.
This is my country. My home. I would prefer to fix it if possible. Leaving would be a last resort. If the US dies, where do you go? Seriously. I have been to many countries, and none match the US. Even now, in our fallen state, we are still a better place to live that most of the world.

Hahaha no you're not mate.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

There is 72 million of us and I think we all feel the same as you.

www.prb.org...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I have some bad news for you: there's already a precedent to not have to pay us.

With Flemming v. Nestor, SS was found to be a simple tax. The fact that SS was "sold" to the American public as a savings fund or an insurance (thus the "contribution" and "benefit" nomenclature) does not set a legal precedent for whether or not we are guaranteed payments from the system.

Even the wording on SSA.gov indicates this:

There has been a temptation throughout the program's history for some people to suppose that their FICA payroll taxes entitle them to a benefit in a legal, contractual sense. That is to say, if a person makes FICA contributions over a number of years, Congress cannot, according to this reasoning, change the rules in such a way that deprives a contributor of a promised future benefit. Under this reasoning, benefits under Social Security could probably only be increased, never decreased, if the Act could be amended at all. Congress clearly had no such limitation in mind when crafting the law. Section 1104 of the 1935 Act, entitled "RESERVATION OF POWER," specifically said: "The right to alter, amend, or repeal any provision of this Act is hereby reserved to the Congress." Even so, some have thought that this reservation was in some way unconstitutional. This is the issue finally settled by Flemming v. Nestor.

While I agree with your sentiment, as I believe the whole thing should be scrapped, your class action suit would fail before it started unfortunately.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

If you can get this rolling, I will join.

I know many would in fact join this cause. My whole #ing family would also follow suit.
edit on 1-9-2011 by NebulaZero because: M0ar Inf0s.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
If there was a ballot on SS return of funds or anything in our favor, millions and millions would get on board, likely about everyone who does, or will receive SSI or SSID in the future. Who wouldn't sign a petition or join a class action ? t would become a powerful movement DEMANDING action., and having the clout to get it.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Say you guys "win". What exactly is going to happen? The SSA can't pay you because it is bankrupt. the Federal Government too cannot pay because it is well beyond bankrupt, deep in debt.

So perhaps the court can ask the SS contributions to be made voluntary and you guys can opt out. Which means the SSA revenues will drop and those already on SS will bear the brunt. Alternately the government will increase taxes in order to pay SSA to cover the shortfall and everyone will be paying the money as taxes rather than as SS contributions

ETA: Or perhaps the court will order the government refund all the contributions made so far of the winners of the case, the government will "borrow" from the Fed and USA will be instantly turned into a Zimbabwe

edit on 1-9-2011 by Observor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Your greedy ass country has lied, cheated, stole and KILLED while raping the innocent of their youths and lively hood from around the world.

The worse part is that the American people are just as much to blame for allowing their so called leaders (yeah that's a good term, herding the sheeple over the cliffs) to pull this kind of nonsense over and over again and again,from Hiroshima to the Gulf down into South America and right back into your own backyard.

Do you know why such a heavy Coup presence is put on Arab and south American countries by the MSM? Its because the U.S.G is afraid of another occurring Egypt, Lebanon or Israel happening right in your own backyard.
The thing is this, our North American culture is thousands of years behind the oppression and hatred that these other countries have gone through. The people have finally stood up for themselves and look what happened...True Governance, by the people for the people! Something I was proud to have witnessed in my time here on earth.

If only U.S citizens would have the big fat balls required to stand up and not let the thievery, manipulation, corruption, deceit,whoring, and the murdering of millions of individuals happen for one second more, it would truly change our planet as we've come to know it.

We can go on and on about how these well oiled machines have been caught red handed through Oscar winning documentaries, or exposed through leaked documents, but I am sure we are all well aware of what has really been going on for far to long.

I think that the American public (it saddens me to say this) is just a clan of misguided fearful children, wanting to come out of the closet and take back what is rightfully theirs, just as Egypt had done.

Your government, banking system and financial sectors stole the hearts and souls right out of millions of Americans and put every last one of you unfortunate souls who were too gullible for your own good out on the streets and have never once for one single second looked back at the damage it caused.

Who are we to blame them though, you haven't held them accountable for their disgusting actions.

Apparently according to a very recent meeting, there were some heavy words exchanged and a new world power was established rendering once powerhouses such as the rockerfellers powerless and unable to enter the premises of this meeting. You never know maybe a "higher" power truly is looking out for us. It will be interesting to see where that story goes with the new change in Gold and Silver currency on its way!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Ha.

SSI is going to go the same route that private pensions have gone and now public pensions are going. The stole and spent all that money and then had the brilliant idea to "reform" our pensions to coverup the thievery. They were not held to the contracts that we all labored under for 20, 30, 40 years. What makes you think that the government that was and is in collusion with them is going to look out for us all of a sudden now and allow a suit of any kind to be brought?

In addition, TPTB are working furiously to convince the young today that the old are their enemy and a drain on society. Doesn't matter that us old people supported the generations before us and pretty much contributed the most to this insurance fund. We're screwed any way you slice it. .

Yes, you're right. The only way we're going to get anything due to us back is to take it back. But it's not going to happen under the government as it stands.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
You should get what you pay in.

No more, no less.......

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Since I did not know if a lawsuit could be brought against the government for these actions, I just submitted an online request to a lawyer on one of those legal sites. Under the category I chose "white collar crime" lol, and here is the message I sent:

In light of recent events it appears the government has been spending social security funds on various other programs, including the recent bank bailouts, and my question is whether they can be held accountable, possibly in a class-action lawsuit? To my knowledge there were no provisions in the SS and related Acts that had provisions for such raiding on the part of the government. The funds in SS were not considered part of the Federal budget for just this reason, and as such were not required to be reported on the presidential or congressional balance sheet. Although to my knowledge there have been no instances of citizens not receiving their SS payments, I find it likely this will be the case in the future. Despite this fact, the government apparently violated certain laws by spending these funds, regardless of whether it has affected the payments received by the population. Is there a case here? Thank you for your time, and have a great day.

I believe I got my facts right, but I probably should have done a small bit of research beforehand, but oh well. If I receive a response I will relay it in this post. I am curious as to what response I will receive, if any. Do you guys think this was an okay message? Did I get the point across in a decent manner?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

I'm in, keep us posted.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join