It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clue in ancient text that might prove Heaven could be different planet

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
I've always believed that Heaven could be a planet or even a space ship of some sort..........perhaps even called Haven instead of Heaven.

It brings to mind the work of Brian Desborough who stated in one of his books about certain races having cirricadian rythymns in-tune with certain planets...
(apologies for typos)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
In the description of heaven in the book of revelations there is Mountains, streams, trees, all characteristics of a planet type structure. In the end heaven descends to earth so it could be a planet or a large body in which heaven is built upon. I am a christian as well and believe that heaven has a lot of the attributes that earth has. It could be a planet.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
There is a book called "Many Lives, Many Masters" by Dr. Brian L. Weiss that I found pretty interesting. Its about Past life regression and the presence of other beings. Supposedly the book is all real from his experiences as a shrink. Kinda makes you wonder...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Very interesting topic! I would love to read the findings of such research. I had always thought the idea of heaven and hell, is more literal then spiritual.

However i use to use to think that perhaps, the time on earth after our planet was just formed, but still a hot molten rock, essentially resembling exactly what we know hell to be (fire, lava, sea of magma etc), and now that earth has cooled, it is teaming with life, blue skies, clouds, etc - essentially what we know heaven to be.

So my interpretation of heaven and hell is just earths different stages of existence.

Though i am still very very interesting in a galactic reference of the sort!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Mormons believe that heaven is indeed on another planet and they also believe that one celestial day is 1,000 human years.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoorGrammar
I'm surprise them silly people on Ancient Alien TV show haven't discuss this topic

in most world religion (Christianity, Muslim, Hindu & even Buddhism) book they all talk about Heaven Time

- Bible: 1 day in Christian Heaven = 1 years on the Earth.
- Muslim: 1 day in Muslim Heaven = 1000 years on Earth.
- Hindu: 1 day in Brahma Heaven = 4,320,000,000 years on Earth. WHOA!
- Buddhism Cosmology: There are 7 Heavens in Buddhist Cosmology Look at the pic below ( HY = Human year = Earth years) each Buddhist Heaven time are different from one another

*** what about Hell time, I could only find 1 source that talk about Hell time is in the Khmer religion text
- Khmer religion: 100 years in Hell = 1 day on Earth but Khmer believe in 16 level of Hells and each level of Hell, time are different from another but is all slower then Earth time. ***

How does this explain that Heaven might be different planet?

The answer is Theory of Relativity by Albert Einstein or Time dilation and it has been proven that Time can be different depend on where you at in space and how fast you are going.

For example: GPS Satellite orbit around the Earth. To achieve this level of precision, the clock ticks from the GPS satellites must be known to an accuracy of 20-30 nanoseconds. However, because the satellites are constantly moving relative to observers on the Earth, effects predicted by the Special and General theories of Relativity must be taken into account to achieve the desired 20-30 nanosecond accuracy.
www.astronomy.ohio-state.edu...

There is a discovery channel show that talk about near the Black hole time is 100 years = 1 day on earth. I forgot the name of the show (the show was about time traveling) so i couldn't find it on youtube.

So if we gather all the information on Heaven time from all these different world religion book and use the Theory of Relativity(Time dilation) could we possibly calculate and figure out where each different religion Heaven really located in outer space?

For Example, science say near the black hole, time is 100 years = 1 day on earth. could the Christian Heaven be somewhere near by since the christian Heaven time is 1 day = 1 years on earth

Could it also mean all religion are real just that each Gods are all from different planets and they have their own set of rule or law that why they are so different but kinda similar to one another?

edit on 31-8-2011 by PoorGrammar because: (no reason given)

I love how one Brahma Heaven days, is the amount of time that scientists say the Earth's age is.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorGrammar

What we call a year, a day, an hour, etc, is entirely based on our world cycles and has nothing to do with the rest of the "heavens", as it were. In the "heavens", as it was referred to in times before telescopes, every where else was "the heavens". Then some religious hierarchy changed that to mean in "Heaven" i.e., where you go after you die if you been good enough. Rubbish. Like heliocentrism and "here there be Dragons", the Middle (muddle) Ages in Europe were full of definitions of reality, usually by the Church, which we now look back upon and snicker at their ignorance. It's not their fault really. People sought answers to mysteries of science and spirit and looked to the authorities to explain it for them. Once declared as empirical, it was difficult to change the official viewpoint, cause the Church or God is perfect and never makes mistakes. Ask Galileo. The idea of an eternal "resort" somewhere, is a holdover idea from that era that is still insisted upon by todays religions as well. Too bad. It locks out any changes to our belief systems that would allow us to grow spiritually. Personally, i prefer the " if I make it past judgment day and get eternal life then the boundless heavens will be my eternal playground" theory of "heaven". I might have to do some penance first. I wanna be a Johnny Appleseed on another young planet. What about you?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorVeritas
Mormons believe that heaven is indeed on another planet and they also believe that one celestial day is 1,000 human years.

Indeed, thats the belief. The planet is called 'Kolob'. Although there's speculation that its either the 'sun' or the 'planet'. Apparently located in the Cancer star system.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0131e77bc6c6.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter
"And then comes the hitherto unbelievable surprise: you don't die because you were never born. You had just forgotten who you are. " -Alan Watts

we were somewhere else before this and we will be somewhere else after this. we just forget. but our collective consciousness doesn't

Awesome thread OP
Krossfyter, well, I like what you said

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
If it "might prove" something, then it doesn't prove anything. It either proves it or it doesn't.

Now I'll read the thread...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Good post. It very well could be that 'Heaven" could be on different planets, and that would make sense in the current reality we are all experiencing. Or "Heaven" could be a state of being that is here and now, yet seems like it is on different planets. Maybe its in a different dimension directly connected with our own, sort of goes a long with the whole "as above, so below" thing.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Old77
They were all space travelers and all knew each other in some way or another.

If you look at the ancient buildings that they made..super mega structures that defy modern explanation as to how they came to existence...They all share the same characteristics of building, size, scriptures on the walls, etc etc..

There are too many coincidences that come together when looking at ancient mega structures to say we were/

A. Never visted
B. Did not have advanced technology way way back when.

There is no word for Pyramid in any of the Languages of the world..Yet they appear in China, Mexico, Iran, Cambodia, Tibet etc etc. These damn things are everywhere and they all meet up on 2 spots of the world.

The equator and like 33 degrees to it at Egypt. Its mind blowing how close all of the structures were.
It makes total sense that they were all ancient visitors that all had similar forms of technology much like we all speak different languages around the world but we build similar structures.

I firmly believe in ancient aliens and also believe this is the interpretation of "god" and his "angels" that "fly" and "perform miracles"

Genesis King James Version: "Let us create these beings in OUR OUR OUR OUR OUR OUR image and likeness" In other words...There was perhaps one "sole" God..as in our creator or a creator...but he was not alone as he was probably in charge of his people and thus the superiority they also felt he had over all things.

I also find it a crock of # God hates anyone as when I read the old test. A lot of the conversations he had with his creations was almost of envy sometimes as because people here are saying..We live a short "time" due the way "time" works here but in space there are probably beings who experience "time" on a much longer scale thus they could appear immortal thus in the bible you have figures living almost a thousand years as the closer you get to "the purest of the pure" the longer you will probably live until you get to modern day people whom now live to be 70-100 on average.

I would go on to call your theory fact before I believe the "widely accepted theory" that is the way we were created and hated by an omni present force that seems to lack empathy for all and cannot kill his own creation for some reason called "Satan" I never much found the reason God would not just off Satan instead of letting this great cosmic Drama play out...

Great thread!

"Let us create these beings in OUR OUR OUR OUR OUR OUR image and likeness"

trinity if you argue Christ was not in the picture then God and the Holy Spirit... it is still OUR.

Yeah I thought this too but you can't interpret small verses to get a certain meaning without taking the Bible as a whole.
It's like taking sound bytes on TV to back up a claim.
edit on 1-9-2011 by yaluk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
there is not time in heaven
u dont age... you are at christ consciousness (11th dimension)...

reply to post by PsychoReaper4

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I guess it probably was already pointed out, but there is a thread already about heaven being a planet...

here you go..:
Heaven is a PLANET!

Interesting thread that was...sorry if I haven't read through this one yet, and double sorry if this thread has been pointed out a few times before..just got home and settling in...

And, if its different discussion points, then cool, perhaps some intermingling between the information may be in order

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CeeRZ

I like your thinking! Good theory. I think it would be incredibly hard to search those locations though... too much space!!

And I think Ancient Aliens should do a show on that subject. Subjects that make you think.

I agree, that is a good theory. I never looked at it like a time time dilation effect while moving from another planet to earth. Heaven my of been a place we came from and then when we die we are told you will go back to heaven. I've said this more than once, I truly think that the bible and many religious texts tell a real story that happened as an allegory. Maybe the horrible secret is that we came to this planet and displaced the individuals that lived here and we have been trying for tens of thousands of years to make sure that memory is gone for good.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
References to 'location' are interesting.

Especially when dealing with our own (by comparison) minute section of the universe.
If we are on one of the outer 'rings' of a sector, which has numerous 'rings', IN towards a 'heaven location'...and each 'ring' sector has a slightly different and modified form of what we call 'time', and 'materiality'...this makes sense. The 'grail' we are so fervently seeking could be the pathway towards this inner 'ring' aka Heaven.
All beings, seemingly of an angelic nature, could either be, denizens of these inner rings, just doing a 'job' to instruct us inwards...or, beings struck to lower rings (more material) jealous of the demotion, but able (because of acquired knowledge - and utilising that knowledge the wrong way)...attempting to pull us into the 'nether' regions.

The 'location' reference could be a pointer to a location in another density/dimension.

Akushla

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

I like you're thinking. And if you're theory is correct, that means that we could even possibly locate where 'heaven' is in space! (someday)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kolumbus

Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose?

If heaven is a planet and everyone goes there then wouldn't it have to be ridiculously large? I just find it hard to believe heaven could possibly have a physical form I think the spiritual form makes more sense

edit on 2-9-2011 by Se7enex because: asdfgjk

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Anecdotally, Heaven is never mentioned in the Bible as being a spiritual place, but only referenced as a place above Earth...

And Hell is not a physical place, but a tortuous state of mind.

S &F for thinking! (A rare quality here sometimes)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

[slaps forehead]

Maybe if you're about 10 this would be a reasonable thing to consider, but no adult could seriously think this nonsense is meaningful.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join