It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeffrey Dahmer is in heaven right now and you could be too!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hi, I'm Joe. Before we start, let me give you a very brief background of myself.

I'm 24. I am an agnostic atheist. I was born and raised a Christian. I have publicly denounced God, specifically Christianity's God many times.

I have never murdered anyone. I have never sexually assaulted anyone. I'm not perfect, but I generally try to do the morally right thing. I've never even been in a physical fight.

Now let me give a little background of Jeffrey Dahmer for those who don't know. He was an extremely evil man. He sexually assaulted and murdered at least 17 people. He literally drilled holes into many of his victims heads and had sex with their skulls, they were still alive at that time. He eventually was caught and sentenced to many life sentences in prison. While in prison, before his death, he became a born-again Christian.

According to the Holy Bible, in God's eyes: Jeffrey Dahmer > Me.

According to the Bible he is in heaven right now, and after I die I will be spending eternity being tortured in Hell.

This would make God an incredibly evil individual as well.

If you are a Christian how can this be justified. Is it really worse to not believe God exists...or not believe the correct God exists, then to be a brutal mass murderer.

Now to be fair, there's no way for any of you to verify the information I give you about myself. So I present you this.

In God's eyes: Jeffrey Dahmer > Ghandi

If the Bible is correct, Jeffrey Dahmer is currently living in complete happiness, and Ghandi is being tortured.

God is evil. Christianity is evil. Don't be evil.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
First of all,

only a fool says in his heart "there is no God"

Second, all sin is the same. Lying premarital sex, homosexuality, murder. Sin = Sin. There is no greater or lesser sin.
Third, I seriously doubt that Jeffery confessed his sins and REPENTED. However, I am not God. So I just don't know if he did or not. But, if he did, Sin = Sin. The blood of Christ covers all Sin if you believe and receive him.
Fourth, so take heart. If he could even forgive this very evil man, how could he not forgive you?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Josonic

If you are a Christian how can this be justified. Is it really worse to not believe God exists...or not believe the correct God exists, then to be a brutal mass murderer.

Now to be fair, there's no way for any of you to verify the information I give you about myself. So I present you this.

In God's eyes: Jeffrey Dahmer > Ghandi

Quote from Ghandi: "I have made he world’s faith in God my own, and as my faith is ineffaceable, I regard that to describe faith as experience is to tamper with Truth, it may perhaps be more correct to say that I have no word for characterizing my belief in God. –Auto, 34I."

" God is that indefinable something which we all feel but which we do not know. To me God is Truth and Love, God is ethics and morality. God is fearlessness, God is the source of light and life and yet. He is above and beyond all these. God is conscience. He is even the atheism of the atheist. He transcends speech and reason. He is a personal God to those who need His touch. He is purest essence. He simply Is to those who have faith."

Hebrews 11 4 By faith Abel brought God a better offering than Cain did. By faith he was commended as righteous, when God spoke well of his offerings. And by faith Abel still speaks, even though he is dead.

5 By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death: “He could not be found, because God had taken him away.”[a] For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God. 6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

7 By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith.

8 By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going. 9 By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise.

13 All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance, admitting that they were foreigners and strangers on earth. 14 People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. 15 If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. 16 Instead, they were longing for a better country—a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.

17 By faith Abraham, when God tested him, offered Isaac as a sacrifice. He who had embraced the promises was about to sacrifice his one and only son, 18 even though God had said to him, “It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned.”[c] 19 Abraham reasoned that God could even raise the dead, and so in a manner of speaking he did receive Isaac back from death.

20 By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau in regard to their future.

21 By faith Jacob, when he was dying, blessed each of Joseph’s sons, and worshiped as he leaned on the top of his staff.

22 By faith Joseph, when his end was near, spoke about the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt and gave instructions concerning the burial of his bones.

23 By faith Moses’ parents hid him for three months after he was born, because they saw he was no ordinary child, and they were not afraid of the king’s edict.

24 By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be known as the son of Pharaoh’s daughter. 25 He chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin. 26 He regarded disgrace for the sake of Christ as of greater value than the treasures of Egypt, because he was looking ahead to his reward. 27 By faith he left Egypt, not fearing the king’s anger; he persevered because he saw him who is invisible. 28 By faith he kept the Passover and the application of blood, so that the destroyer of the firstborn would not touch the firstborn of Israel.

29 By faith the people passed through the Red Sea as on dry land; but when the Egyptians tried to do so, they were drowned.

30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell, after the army had marched around them for seven days.

31 By faith the prostitute Rahab, because she welcomed the spies, was not killed with those who were disobedient.

32 And what more shall I say?

You are saved by faith, not works. None of the people on this list and in the rest of Hebrews 11 knew Jesus.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Josonic

This is the kind of sh** that would make me gladly walk through the gates of hell if there is such a thing.. There are just way to many contradictions in that horrible book called the bible.. In the words of Bill Maher - "There is more morality in the Rick James bible".. If a person can do all that and still be saved at the end of the day, then all i gotta do is pray on my death bed then i'm safe.. Untill then f*** religion..

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Josonic

Becoming christian doesn't make you better then anyone else...

As a matter of fact theres so many different christian sects that its pretty hard to define what a christian is these days. According to most of them, being christian simply means following Jesus, though so few christians even understand who they're supposed to be following, or even the means to go about following him.

Anyone can label themselves "christian"... it doesn't mean you follow Christ.

Its just a label, similar to a certian "God of noodley goodness" that seems to be generating a following around our forum

edit on 31-8-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

surely you're not implying ghandi was referencing the christian god. ghandi was a hindu.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Josonic

I see what you are doing here, or rather what you are positing. You do have a valid point- and basically all religions seem to be hippocracies. But your post seems to imply you are looking for a debate. Born agains and also a very wide cross section of christians will not debate this reasonably with you. You might as well be arguing with a pineapple.
But perhaps you were looking for an argument. In that case- my hat's off to you. You are a brave man, good sir.
Cheers!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by godWhisperer
reply to post by SuperiorEd

surely you're not implying ghandi was referencing the christian god. ghandi was a hindu.

All gods are essentially the same with a different view or name. Argue with me if you want, i do not denounce anyones faith nor do i adopt anyones faith for myself.

I am who i am, i do not label who i am, i believe what i want to believe, and what i feel is right for me. And thats the way it should be instead of "dont do this, or this, or this, or this", even the most trivial of things. Im going to hell for making love to my girlfriend even though we're not married?

How much money does the wedding industry make per year.. Hm.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

All Hail His Monsterness!

Ramen.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RainDog
reply to post by Akragon

All Hail His Monsterness!

Ramen.

Gaaahh!!! Pastifarian!!!

Kill it!!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

you couldnt be more wrong...sin is sin...nope the bible says there are indeed sins that are "unforgivable" 7 deadly sins from which there is no redemption...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer

you couldnt be more wrong...sin is sin...nope the bible says there are indeed sins that are "unforgivable" 7 deadly sins from which there is no redemption...

I sort of agree, the Bible does not say sin is sin, and it does say there is an unforgivable sin, but I believe you are confused as to what they are. Actually there is only one unforgivable sin, and that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

This is what really irks me, that God (the Christian God, not the one Ghandi references) believes disbelief in him is worse than murder and rape and other horrifying deeds.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

What bible do you read?

MK 3:28 I tell you the truth, all the sins and blasphemies of men will be forgiven them. But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin."

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josonic

I sort of agree, the Bible does not say sin is sin, and it does say there is an unforgivable sin, but I believe you are confused as to what they are. Actually there is only one unforgivable sin, and that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

This is what really irks me, that God (the Christian God, not the one Ghandi references) believes disbelief in him is worse than murder and rape and other horrifying deeds.

It only irks you because you believe that your own sins are not as grievous as others.

LK 18:9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: `God, I thank you that I am not like other men--robbers, evildoers, adulterers--or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.'

LK 18:13 "But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, `God, have mercy on me, a sinner.'

LK 18:14 "I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Fourth, so take heart. If he could even forgive this very evil man, how could he not forgive you?
This is very interesting.
I can say I was not happy at all back when I heard that Jeffrey had been murdered. In fact I was angry in that I thought he had been set up to where he could get murdered, and shame on the justice system for being so evil.
Jeffrey is a martyr and may very well be a saint.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

What bible do you read?

MK 3:28 I tell you the truth, all the sins and blasphemies of men will be forgiven them. But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin."

whats an eternal sin? you dont get to go to heaven right?

then; Galatians 5:19-21

New International Version (NIV)

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

not inherit the kingdom of God is the same thing as your not going to heaven...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

What bible do you read?

whats an eternal sin? you dont get to go to heaven right?

then; Galatians 5:19-21

New International Version (NIV)

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

not inherit the kingdom of God is the same thing as your not going to heaven...

All of those sins will be forgiven of someone if they repent and turn to Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.

From the book of Acts after Jesus has been crucified and rose from the dead:

AC 3:13 The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. You handed him over to be killed, and you disowned him before Pilate, though he had decided to let him go. You disowned the Holy and Righteous One and asked that a murderer be released to you. You killed the author of life, but God raised him from the dead. We are witnesses of this. By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through him that has given this complete healing to him, as you can all see.

AC 3:17 "Now, brothers, I know that you acted in ignorance, as did your leaders. But this is how God fulfilled what he had foretold through all the prophets, saying that his Christ would suffer. Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, and that he may send the Christ, who has been appointed for you--even Jesus. He must remain in heaven until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets. For Moses said, `The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you. Anyone who does not listen to him will be completely cut off from among his people.'

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

All of those sins will be forgiven of someone if they repent and turn to Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.
Paul was saying that if someone does these things after confessing Christ, they will not be saved.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josonic

It only irks you because you believe that your own sins are not as grievous as others.

LK 18:9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: `God, I thank you that I am not like other men--robbers, evildoers, adulterers--or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.'

LK 18:13 "But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, `God, have mercy on me, a sinner.'

LK 18:14 "I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

It irks me because I know my own sins are not as grievous as others, certainly Jeffrey Dahmer's sins.

You can't argue in favor of the Bible using the Bible. It's like saying the definition of radically is something that is radical.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

What bible do you read?

'
i agree with what you posted but the scripture in mark that you qouted says specifically "he is guilty of an eternal sin" not The eternal sin" denoting that there is more than one eternal sin.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join