It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great gesture by American Rap star 50 cent to Norwegian victims.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by frozenspark
reply to post by Skate

Somethings you need to understand..

I have no problem with people who enjoy 50 and I really don't give a hoot about who you enjoy. No one asked you. This is not about enjoying 50, it's about doing charity events for publicity. Stop going off tangents and changing the topic of conversation to get an upper hand in this non-existent argument.

Second of all, go back to the first page and carefully read it. See who started antagonizing others first.

I never went off-topic. The topic was about 50 Cent and every single post I made was about....guess who....you guessed right....50 CENT. You replied to me saying that 50 is a phoney, but you have no evidence no nothing to back yourself up besides negative comments about a rapper who you think doesn't give a crap about anyone but himself.

Shame on you dude.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

You have a very ignorant perspective. You took a public gesture of kindness and turned it into something bad.

Go for it 50. Be a leader.

link   

Stop going off tangents and changing the topic of conversation to get an upper hand in this non-existent argument.

I didn't see him go off topic in this thread. Care to explain?

link   

Is not an entertainer human? Can they really have compassion for those who experience suffering?

I think so. 50 cent was shot at, came from the drug hoodlum culture and got out of it through rap music and can change and understand love like anyone.

Just because he mimics street culture in his art doesn’t mean he isn’t human.

Look at Clint Eastwood and Sylvester Stallone and all those violent movies they make heroizing violence, are they doubted when they give to charity?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

You have a very ignorant perspective. You took a public gesture of kindness and turned it into something bad.

Go for it 50. Be a leader.

THANK YOU^^^^^ People like onequestion get a star for not being the only one to point this out. THANKS!!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Stop going off tangents and changing the topic of conversation to get an upper hand in this non-existent argument.

I didn't see him go off topic in this thread. Care to explain?

I think we scared the troll away.

edit on 31-8-2011 by Skate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I think it's part publicity but also feel that 50 empathizes and can relate from what he's been through. People change and grow up over time. Especially once they get away from the negetivety that molded them from a youth.

Regardless of the reason, if both can benefit and grow from this, than it's a positive thing. Positive is never wrong, no matter how it came about.
edit on 31/8/2011 by Revealation because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Entertainer who promotes the thug life and makes young mind idolize the type of lifestyle that leads to mental decadence and even violence is not "human".

It is easy to see how I turned something positive into a negative. And that is your opinion. My opinion is that its a publicity stunt and nothing more. I could be right or wrong, and so could you. Now this takes an open mind to see, something that Skate was just preaching about on the last page.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Entertainer who promotes the thug life and makes young mind idolize the type of lifestyle that leads to mental decadence and even violence is not "human".

It is easy to see how I turned something positive into a negative. And that is your opinion. My opinion is that its a publicity stunt and nothing more. I could be right or wrong, and so could you. Now this takes an open mind to see, something that Skate was just preaching about on the last page.

Nah it really only takes a close mind to see that. You're blind to the fact that he has donated to many charities and organizations around the world but you wouldn't know that because once again, you have a closed mind that won't be OPEN for business, probably ever.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

My opinion is that its a publicity stunt and nothing more. I could be right or wrong, and so could you.

Sorry, I don't get down on my knees and extol artists just because they do a well publicized "charity" events. All it really is is a publicity stunt to keep your name relevant in the rapidly turning world of media. This is not even cynicism, it's realism.

You seem to be pretty sure what you are saying is fact dear boy.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
A gesture like 50 cents is awesome. Here is a black man hu once was an ignorant street hoodlum and turned his life around and made something of it.
This is the Malcolm X archetype all over again: cleaning yourself up and becoming a positive member of society. Isn’t that the AMERICAN DREAM!

All those kids following 50 cent need to know his deed and through that they may become better human beings and give to others like he did.

The very essence of what we all praise and seek to emulate.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I'm sure all the victims need are a little candy shop.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skate

Nah it really only takes a close mind to see that. You're blind to the fact that he has donated to many charities and organizations around the world but you wouldn't know that because once again, you have a closed mind that won't be OPEN for business, probably ever.

You always try to throw in that little insult at the end of your every message...

Anyway, he could donate all of his wealth at this point and it wouldn't reverse the damage that he, along with every other garbage mainstream rapper (and rock start if you want to go there), has done to this society. And again, this is an opinion.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

You actually make a very good point. By showing his fan base that he does not actually encourage violence, maybe h will open up some young minds ad point them to the right path. It's hard to say that while he raps about killing people but I still think it's a very interesting take on the story. Leading by example that it.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

If 50 really wanted to help, he would stop his phony charity events and start writing music with some substance..

you will never see him do that, write anything like this:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

My opinion is that its a publicity stunt and nothing more. I could be right or wrong, and so could you.

Sorry, I don't get down on my knees and extol artists just because they do a well publicized "charity" events. All it really is is a publicity stunt to keep your name relevant in the rapidly turning world of media. This is not even cynicism, it's realism.

You seem to be pretty sure what you are saying is fact dear boy.

I know right!!

Dude, we might as well quit because this kid isn't getting it and continues on with his rambles that he is so sure are true. Just know that we already won 2 pages ago

Frozenspark, I'm done with you, I've shared what's needed to be shared so now it's up to you to be open and take it all in or be negative and shut all info presented to you out (definition of being close-minded). And before you say anything, yes I acknowledge that 50 raps about the thuggish lifestyle and that it seems bad for the world....but I like it and so do millions so HE MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING RIGHT...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

again, this is an opinion.

But to you, it's fact. So stop trying to lie and change your role now. Just quit before it get's out of hand.

I have been right this whole time, hence the open-minded people in here agreeing with me...If you were open-minded, then you would be agreeing with me at LEAST a little...

Again, just quit.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

What about all the glorification of violence on TV and movies by Sylvester Stallone and Clint Eastwood types and other sex and violent movies and TV shows, do you condemn them as well?

The movie and TV industry is littered with glorifying violence so your argument is not consistent.

What about the gangster movies like Godfather and Al Capone and the Sopranos?

Black entertainers reflect their sub-culture just like Stallone and Eastwood reflect theirs in movies like western violence laden flicks and gangster tales of the mafia, and violent war flicks but they aren’t condemned for glorifying their sub-culture and making millions off of it in entertainment, as the rap guys are doing.

edit on 31-8-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It's great to know we have such a fine arbiter here on who is open-minded and who isn't. We all should go to you with all of our problems.

And this is a forum. I am SORRY if I do not say IN MY OPINION after everything I say.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

but skate, frozesparks star to post ratio is better than yours wich means more people agree with him, hence he is right and you are wrong.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join