It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great gesture by American Rap star 50 cent to Norwegian victims.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
www.nypost.com...

STAVANGER, Norway -- Rapper 50 Cent will invite survivors of Norway's July 22 attacks to a private aftershow party after being shocked by the shooting rampage, Rogalands Avis newspaper reported Wednesday.

50 Cent -- real name Curtis James Jackson III -- told organizers of the RxR Festival in the southern Norwegian city of Stavanger that he wanted to do something to honor victims of the Utoya Island killings after following events on TV closely.

The American rapper agreed to perform at a special aftershow party following his headline set at the festival Thursday.

In a time of deep mistrust, disunity, and hatred world-wide, I applaud the gesture by rap star 50 cent to the traumatized victims of the recent Norwegian terrorist attack.

Our world—if it is to survive—people world-wide must reach out to each other with gestures like this of empathy and compassion. . . even small gestures like this count.

Love and humanhood must overcome hatred and division for the human family to exist in peace.

Kudos to 50 cent for thinking of others!

edit on 31-8-2011 by inforeal because: typo

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Probably a publicity stunt to gain "respect" in the media and ultimately make money off of these victims.

And honestly, if I would have survived the horrors of that day, last thing I would want for few year would be to go to a crappy rap performance.

edit on 31-8-2011 by frozenspark because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This just proves 50 Cent isn't Illuminati and an A-Hole because if he was either one or both, he wouldn't be doing something like this.

50 Cent has a heart and a soul with positive energy, even though his songs talk about shooting and crap. He's a nice person who shares with his community.

Now Kanye on the other hand, I've never heard of him doing something anywhere CLOSE to this.

AMEN FITTY

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Wow, um Google some 50 cent lyrics. Not what a victim of a shooting should be listening to in my opinion. I actually sort of like 50 cent for some weird reason but I wouldn't want to listen to his stuff after being shot at

Also, Yo dog we heard you like etc...
edit on 31-8-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

Dude, 50 cent has a PR agent.

This doesn't prove anything, and he's still a phoney.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by frozenspark
Probably a publicity stunt to gain "respect" in the media and ultimately make money off of these victims.

And honestly, if I would have survived the horrors of that day, last thing I would want for few year would be to go to a crappy rap performance.

It's not gonna be a crappy performance...You just don't have an open mind to his music. He's very lyrical and gifted. Many know this, but you're just one of those haters...

H.A.T.E.R...

Having
Anger
Towards
Everyone
Reaching
Success

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It may be that cynicism like yours, FROZENSPARK, is one of the issues that feeds the problems of our world.
edit on 31-8-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Domo1

its yo dog, and its Xzbit not 50..

link   

Originally posted by EmVeeFF
reply to post by Skate

Dude, 50 cent has a PR agent.

This doesn't prove anything, and he's still a phoney.

Ummm, would you rather talk trash about him or actually share proof that he's a phoney?

Stop Hating. 50 never did anything to you.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Skate

Nope..

just 50 Cent. (well, definitely a few others as well)

WU-Tang will tell you all about why he sucks and how he exploited an art form for profit. (Listen to "Who the # is 50 Cent")
edit on 31-8-2011 by EmVeeFF because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Skate

Nope..

Well 50 cent made a lot of money through his music and it seems like MILLIONS of people around the world like him so you're stuck in the minority here. 50 has accomplished things that you wish you could with your life. He drives a few Lambos and has STACKS of cash. Who wouldn't want that?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Skate

Nope..

WU-Tang will tell you all about why he sucks and how he exploited an art form for profit. (Listen to "Who the # is 50 Cent")
edit on 31-8-2011 by EmVeeFF because: (no reason given)

So just because another artist disses him means you hate 50 Cent, huh....

That's low-class.

EDIT: Afroman disses 50 in his track called Whack Rappers but it doesn't mean I should go hate on him...I see that you're just a bandwagon jumper....sorry.
edit on 31-8-2011 by Skate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

I dont agree with that statement, He has supported many charities and organizations.... G-Unity Foundation
LIFEbeat
New York Restoration Project
Orca Network
Shriners Hospitals for Children and many other good causes that are supported by good people.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Skate, if 50 was legit about helping people he would tour middle east (for aid, not music) like Immortal Tech did (or something similar) and not brag about it all over the news.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9ac4b09cb85a.jpg[/atsimg]

Thought that would get a bite. TY for the lesson!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia

I dont agree with that statement, He has supported many charities and organizations.... G-Unity Foundation
LIFEbeat
New York Restoration Project
Orca Network
Shriners Hospitals for Children and many other good causes that are supported by good people.

See, 50 has done MANY things to support charities and organizations....Has Immortal Technique done it? Nope because he hates America and everything in it and how it all works. At least thats what he raps about. He's almost like a lyrical anti-government militia rapper terrorist.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Maybe,but I still like to think optimistically.Perhaps he really does care about other people...?

link   
reply to post by Domo1

except this isn't 4chan, just admit you messed up and stop resorting to "you got trolled" whenever someone points out you're wrong.

or maybe I am getting trolled.

nah

link   

Skate, if 50 was legit about helping people he would tour middle east (for aid, not music) like Immortal Tech did (or something similar) and not brag about it all over the news.

Well when he performs shows, he generates massive income, which then gets donated because he already has enough money. But you're blind so you wouldn't see that...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

So he would help out with aid? I know he participated in farm-aid off the top of my head,if that counts.

Just for what it is worth.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join