It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking out loud..quakes (especially in NEW areas) and underground facilities in the U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
With all the talk of "something" coming, people feeling "something" is off, etc...all the strange quakes appearing in VA, OH, NY, CO, etc...especially on the east coast areas. I have been wondering if MAYBE something is going on underground, preparing for who knows what. Alien invasion, attack, huge quakes, 9/11 attacks or whatever.

I have a found a list that covers the US (if it is 100% accurate or not, I do not know). However, it is more information than I have on my own.

I am not sure where I am going with this. I have been trying to piece the puzzle (if there is one) together, it's overwhelming on my own. I was hoping to get the help of ATS members - especially those of you who are in areas that are getting quakes, or those of you have thoughts after reading the areas of underground facilities.

There have been discussions on ATS about the VA quake and underground bases found here. Now, what if all these quakes have some kind of base located underground near them? Are they preparing, connecting, disconnecting, in preparation for something? Another topic found here, talks about hurricaine being used as an excuse to clear certain areas? Just to bring up a few related topics.

If those of you who read this, would look over this list of states with underground facilities and share either your knowledge of the area in general - maybe something you have heard even.

If you get a quake in your area (or state), how close is it to a location that has been named? Or in between locations?

I know I will get some smart a$$ comments...that's fine. I just don't feel the time I have to piece this all together (on my own) is enough. That is why I am asking for the input of those here.

Once again, the list of named underground facilities is here The list for recent quakes is here

If you can add anything at all, feel free. I had never heard of most of these locations, except the well known bases. The areas on the east coast experiencing quakes (very shallow at that) is strange. Help me piece it all together...if you can.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Wouldn't an earthquake near an underground facility destroy said facility?
2nd line.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Well, word of noise has entered this thread.. I am unsure as to post it, there is such a good repoire going on, but is it connected perhaps?

No birds singing today, strange quiet, pg. 1
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Who knows

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

Yes, thank you! I have replied on that topic as well. I have not heard (or seen) any birds in south western VA, only crickets.

Add that to the list.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Not if they were either closing, or perhaps opening tunnels to connect said underground facilities.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by summer5

Yes, thank you! I have replied on that topic as well. I have not heard (or seen) any birds in south western VA, only crickets.

Add that to the list.

Oh, hi! Didn't look close at to who was posting this thread, as am just trying to connect the dots with all the strangeness.

Am amazed more aren't getting "it" -- the elusive "it"----

Keep on!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

No problem...so much reported on ATS it is hard to keep up. I am sure there are other topics out there, that had initially made me take this rabbit trail of thinking, I need to start keeping a journal for ATS topics

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

AHHH...Thank YOU, thank YOU! You made me remember another topic about the rumbling noises around the globe...found HERE

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Here is a list of quakes in the U.S. from 1974-2003....interesting data...wish I could find some more current...still looking.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Earthquakes, Magnitude 3.5 and Greater, 1974 - 2003 The state ranking is based on data from an earthquake search from the USGS PDE catalog (Hawaii from HVO), with a date range of 1974 to 2003, and a magnitude range of 3.5 and greater. The following table shows the results of the search. See the maps that display the data. In the case of a tie, States are listed in alphabetical order.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
here is another link with underground tunnels (I have not compared the two links as of yet).

www.burlingtonnews.net...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Here is something else to consider:

Location: The location is the most obvious anomaly for such a powerful quake. Although the area of the U.S. where the earthquake initiated sits on the edge of an ancient tectonic plate called the Craton Plate, it is considered a relatively dormant or settled area. In other words, it's not a very active earthquake zone. Therefore, any noticeable earthquake is unusual, let alone a 5.9 monster that was reportedly felt 500 miles away.

Unusually Shallow Depth: The initial hy

Distance Felt: As my introduction stated, I've never "felt" an earthquake whose epicenter was farther than 50 miles away. Of course, this doesn't mean that it's not possible, as clearly this was felt upwards of 500 miles from the epicenter. The CBS article quoted above that referred to the crust as "older and colder" also uses that argument to explain why tremors were felt so far away: "The East is far less seismically active -- but when earthquakes do hit, that hard ground is far more effective at conducting the seismic waves.
mic activity, like the ring of fire. And the depths of those shallow-focus earthquakes are usually in the tens of kilometers deep. The Earth's crust in the Eastern U.S. where "the fault lines are more healed" is described by CBS News as "older and colder" than out West. Which, according to Wikipedia, means it should have been a deep-focus earthquake with a depth ranging from 300 to 700 kilometers. Certainly not one barely below the Earth's surface.

Odd Seismograph Reading: A reporter from Press Core received an anonymous email from someone claiming to be in the U.S. Air Force that stated the Virginia earthquake “wasn’t a natural earthquake and not a HAARP earthquake." The reporter was instructed to find a seismograph of the Washington DC area earthquake and compare it to a past earthquakes and seismic readings of the alleged underground nuclear test by North Korea that resulted in a 4.7 magnitude tremor at a depth of zero.

'Remarkably Low' Number of Aftershocks: Amy Vaughan, a geophysicist with the USGS Earthquake Information Center in Colorado told CBS News that "For the size earthquake that occurred, I think the number of aftershocks so far has been remarkably low." Don Blakeman, another geophysicist at the Earthquake Information Center, added "Typically, the larger the quake, the longer and the greater extent of aftershocks. Shallow earthquakes like the one in Virginia also tend to generate numerous aftershocks." The lack of aftershocks led the USGS to report that the Virginia quake may be just a foreshock of something larger to come. A foreshock is an earthquake that occurs before a larger seismic event (the mainshock) and is related to it in both time and space. I'm not sure what this means other than it's just another abnormality about this quake.

Instantaneously Knocked Irene Off Course: Kevin Hayden and Glenn Kreisberg reported "Coincidentally, the time frame leading up to Virginia/DC/New York area experiencing freak seismic activity, Hurricane Irene begins to weaken and move off course, avoiding its initial path of Havanna, inland Florida, the Carolinas, and eventually, the Washington, DC area. The newly projected paths show that it may barely clip the eastern coast, if at all. Just as Ophelia did when it threatened the same region." Irene stalled and changed directions similar to Ophelia seen in the graphic provided. Clearly, these types of drastic changes are not a natural path for hurricanes.

Full article is found HERE

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

GREAT digging!
Oh man, don't even get me started on the underground tunnel thing--- not enough time in the day to cover that one, and I can see the connections..

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Just because someplace hasn't had an earthquake in the short time span of a human life, doesn't mean it's NEW.

Boston's Earthquake Problem

ON NOVEMBER, 18, 1755, THE EARTH beneath the waters off Cape Ann heaved. Within seconds, the seismic waves generated there traveled to the twisting lanes and wharves of pre-Revolutionary Boston. According to historical accounts, chimneys toppled from roofs, steeples parted from churches, and gables crumbled from building fronts and shattered on the lanes below. The weather vane atop Faneuil Hall snapped. Vibrations were felt from Halifax, Nova Scotia, to Chesapeake Bay. Estimated at a magnitude 6.2, the Cape Ann earthquake is one of New England's strongest in recorded history.

Or is this thread supposing there were secret underground facilities under Boston, MA in November, 1755?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

edit on 1-9-2011 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: wrong thread - ha

new topics

top topics

join