It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awakened by vibrations of the body ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Last night I was awaken by my body literally vibrating. I usually sleep on my back. Suddenly my body starting vibrating and I heard this high pitched ringing or some kind of whistle. I opened my eyes, moved and it went away.
No lie on this one. I can remember thinking before I went to sleep that I'd be alone forever and whatnot. Then slowly but surely, I felt my body vibrating, it was like somebody climbing on top of me and my body shaking all together.
It was the freakiest thing, I'm up in North Illinois, I was thinking oh #, it's the New Madrid. I ain't about to die tonight. I was about to grab the BOB and hit the hills.

Normally, I wouldn't be asking about this. The only people who I've really heard had the vibrating of the body were on GLP and mostly when I'm over there, I ignore those posts.

But I was the one who was shaking,it felt like I was being slightly torn from my body. What the hell was that ?
edit on 31-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

Awe man, you potentially missed out on an absolutely wonderful experience. That's exactly what happens to me before Astral projection. What you were experiencing was your body changing vibrational frequencies. This can be terrifying, and actually I still get scared when it happens. So, your body is changing vibrations to a different plane of existance. As you lay your body may vibrate or twitch, and the ringing will be in your ears at first and then feel as if it's all around you. It will get louder and louder and eventually you will feel paralyzed. If you get scared it may be hard to move and will freak you out more and if you fight it you will get up and be able to move again. How ever if you just breath and stay calm ( if you're far along you will feel like you can't breath, do not worry this is because you are detached from your physical body. Relax stay calm) as you work your way through the vibrations and ringing will dull and you will be at peace again. If you let yourself you will slip into a very vivid, most often lucid dream, but if you try to roll over or sit up you may slip out of your physical body into the Astral plane. When you open your eyes and get up you will be in your room and you can look at your physical self. If you touch yourself you will feel it. You will notice you are attached to your body by a silvery cable or rope of some kind. ( Some people see this a little differently but essentially the idea is the same) Nothing can break this rope, it's simply to help you find your way back. Sorry for the huge chunk of writing but I get excited when people experience this. If it happens again stay calm and enjoy one of the truly amazing experiences. You can go absolutely anywhere and the best part is you can fly!!!! Welcome to the wonderful world of Astral Traveling. Have fun, and happy travels.

-Ilyich

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
OMG, I am having the same issue, two or three times a week, never had it before, and don't like it at all, and it isn't sleep paralysis.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I have also experienced something similar to this. I have had very lucid dreams where I tried to awake, but felt almost paralyzed to the point that I could not keep my eyes open for long periods of time and could not actually wake up. During these times I feel my body vibrate, but I don't recall ever hearing any sounds, other than what I am dreaming. (My ears normally ring, so this may be why I didn't hear anything out of sorts). If I fight the process, I eventually awake exhausted; however if I relax and realize it is a lucid dream, I can sometimes direct the dream in a manner that I want. When this happens it is truly exciting!

I have also experienced this vibration while fully awake and around other people. The vibration normally starts in my right leg/hip area and the sensation moves through my entire body. It almost feels like the floor is vibrating, yet no one else around me can feel it. I have even asked my family/friends to feel my leg/hip where I feel the internal vibration, and they can not feel anything. I have never had this 'awake' vibration last longer than a minute or two, so I don't know if it is simply a nerve issue, or something else.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I have to tell you about the layout of my room before I tell you what I went through one night. My bedroom is pretty small. Probably 14x12. My bed is in the closet (I like sleeping with my back to the wall) so there is more space in the center of my room. There is also a pretty big window on the wall closest to the foot of the bed. Anyways, I was lying on my bed asleep with the lava lamp turned off (I used to sleep with it on for fear of alien abductions
like that was going to stop them if it happened) and I was having the most horrible dream. I don't actually remember it but I do remember that it was just awful. It was so disturbing that I woke up with a weird tingling sensation all over my upper body, mainly my back. The best way I can describe this sensation was that it felt like I was being shocked with electricity and burned with fire. Except it didn't hurt as much as I thought. It was the most peculiar feeling. I didn't open my eyes to see what was causing it for fear of what I would see. I was so terrified that I went back to sleep. That is one of the most strangest nights I have ever had and I do regret not opening my eyes.

Ever since that night I have tried to see what could have caused that sensation but I just don't know. What I do know is that my body didn't get that tingling sensation from loss of blood circulation because this felt different. I have no idea what was happening to me. It makes me scared just thinking about that night.

P.S. My blanket wasn't covering my back when I woke up.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This topic has gone a completely different direction from which context my reply will be in. But I'll reply nonetheless!

Do you drink a lot of coffee or sugary fizzy drinks? I did at one point, earlier this year, and I always seemed to get into bed and from the second I laid down, my body would vibrate. Well, it'd feel more like it was through my veins, not subcutaneously through my skin. I thought I should look it up on the NHS website. So, they said it could be high sugar content or caffeine.
But I'm not sure. Nearly had body paralysis very recently too *the last time being 4/5 years back*, but again, not sure what's with me, my house, family...

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by emmy
This topic has gone a completely different direction from which context my reply will be in. But I'll reply nonetheless!

Do you drink a lot of coffee or sugary fizzy drinks? I did at one point, earlier this year, and I always seemed to get into bed and from the second I laid down, my body would vibrate. Well, it'd feel more like it was through my veins, not subcutaneously through my skin. I thought I should look it up on the NHS website. So, they said it could be high sugar content or caffeine.
But I'm not sure. Nearly had body paralysis very recently too *the last time being 4/5 years back*, but again, not sure what's with me, my house, family...
I haven't drunk any coffee lately and I haven't felt anything again.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

This only happens to me when i'm between asleep and awake... Sometimes I stay paralyze for a few seconds... I always get scared... But the most important thing is to not and let it happen...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Yep, sleep paralysis.

I had this happen several times after my brother passed away.

In my case, once the stress level went down, they ceased to occur.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Last night I was awaken by my body literally vibrating. I usually sleep on my back. Suddenly my body starting vibrating and I heard this high pitched ringing or some kind of whistle. I opened my eyes, moved and it went away.
No lie on this one. I can remember thinking before I went to sleep that I'd be alone forever and whatnot. Then slowly but surely, I felt my body vibrating, it was like somebody climbing on top of me and my body shaking all together.
It was the freakiest thing, I'm up in North Illinois, I was thinking oh #, it's the New Madrid. I ain't about to die tonight. I was about to grab the BOB and hit the hills.

Normally, I wouldn't be asking about this. The only people who I've really heard had the vibrating of the body were on GLP and mostly when I'm over there, I ignore those posts.

But I was the one who was shaking,it felt like I was being slightly torn from my body. What the hell was that ?

If you also felt as if you were slowly sinking but unable to control it, it could be that you were actually experiencing an Astral Projection (AP) introduction. People who are able to do AP, will usually experience body vibration first. However, the moment you feel scared, the vibration usually stops.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I think the point is that it is you being conscious of something happening, rather than what normally happens - which is totally unconscious of this happening.

Most books and literature I have read say that astral projection is not all sweetness and light and that there are some things out there which may not be particularly pleasant. Probably as far as what one sees or experiences etc, but again, some books say that if there is a threat, then you get 'reeled in' back into your body (and end up with a headache from coming back too fast/violently). When this has happened to me in the past, I wake up with my heart pounding and it takes a few minutes to get myself back together again, or an hour or two to get rid of the headache!

I am still pretty ignorant of all these occult things, but one thing I have learned fairly recently and that was when I kept feeling that someone was 'chasing me' and I ended up back in my body waking up. I have found out that this is really me(physical) being aware of me(astral) coming back and NOT someone else 'chasing me' at all. So now I know what it is, I dont seem to have this experience of fear of being chased any more and I also dont have the feeling of being chased back into my body either. Hopefully that may ring a bell with someone else, and help them understand what is happening if they are experiencing the same thing.

The group I am with at the moment say that generally, people do not know enough about protecting themselves to do astral projection in a safe way and that there are places in the astral where you probably dont want to go. Thats not to frighten you, but to encourage you to learn some protection techniques before doing much astral projection, thats all. More recently, it is said that the other guys in the astral are stepping up their efforts to make things unpleasant for us.

Anyway, in the end it is all down to beliefs.
Stay safe.
Q

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

You know I don't say this very often but you sound like you're experiencing demonic attacks.

If you feel like somethings sitting on your chest or is terrifying you, or and you have nightmares and difficulty breathing too.

Sleep paralysis doesn't cause nightmares by the way. Its simply your brain waking up before your body has time to adjust. It shouldn't cause nightmares...

But if you've done any reading into succubus things, you'll know these are demonic attacks that happen to almost everyone at one point in their lives. Pray, it helps.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Praying only helps if you are religious. Both religious and non-religious people need to wake up and realise that there is a lot more going on that we have been taught. All of the magicians and occultists throughout history have known this but the orthodox belief systems do not like people to dwell on such matters. These are often used to promote adherence to one particular belief system.

Rather than being afraid of things, we all need to educate ourselves in ways to overcome our fear. Practical ways to stop this kind of thing happening go a long way to knowing more about out multi-dimensional anatomy which science and most religions deny or teach very little about.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join