It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awakened by vibrations of the body ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Last night I was awaken by my body literally vibrating. I usually sleep on my back. Suddenly my body starting vibrating and I heard this high pitched ringing or some kind of whistle. I opened my eyes, moved and it went away.
No lie on this one. I can remember thinking before I went to sleep that I'd be alone forever and whatnot. Then slowly but surely, I felt my body vibrating, it was like somebody climbing on top of me and my body shaking all together.
It was the freakiest thing, I'm up in North Illinois, I was thinking oh #, it's the New Madrid. I ain't about to die tonight. I was about to grab the BOB and hit the hills.

Normally, I wouldn't be asking about this. The only people who I've really heard had the vibrating of the body were on GLP and mostly when I'm over there, I ignore those posts.

But I was the one who was shaking,it felt like I was being slightly torn from my body. What the hell was that ?
edit on 31-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
You know what actually I think I can relate to this. I had a similar experience where I was in an extremely vivid dream and within the dream something was happening where my body was feeling an extraordinarily powerful vibration and I became self aware within the dream and it prompted me to wake up at which point I realized that this "vibration" was persisting for a few seconds more while I was "awake" looking down at the rest of my body to see what was going on.

Very bizarre indeed but I felt rather good about it, strangely enough.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
something kind of similar happend to me ages ago. I woke up and i couldn't move, i assumed it was sleep paralysis, so i tried my hardest to get up, when all of a sudden my girlfriend of the time sat bolt up right in bed, turned to me and said ''im dead'', then her eyes went white and she lay back down. at this point i got up, i know i wasnt dreaming cause i had my eyes open the whole time, but perhaps part of the dream i was having overlapped into my conscious mind and made the image real.

just a thought but maybe this is what happened to you

and btw, it was one hell of a fright and took me ages to dare try and go back to sleep

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
It was sleep paralysis my friend, and it can be a haunting experience, sounds like you got off easy. I've had some truly terrifying episodes including visual and audible hallucinations that would make your hair stand on end.

To the scientific, it may be your body shifting from sleep to awake phase too quickly, yet your body has not had time to wake up yet but your mind has, due to alterations in your pineal gland.

I should also let you know that the 'vibrations' are considered by some to be the stage just before an OOBE (out of body experience) or astral projection. Ive also been privy to these experiences. Tell me, did you hear 'buzzing' or a 'wind rushing' sound going on in your ears as well? Perhaps some very light electric popping sound or sensation? If you believe or are into this sort of thing, ill let you know that you were ALMOST there!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Sounds a little like my experience the other day.

I'll start by noting that I do have health complications and a very painful hernia, but neither can explain what happened that night. I was in hysterics thinking I was about to die.

I had just crawled into bed, not yet asleep, when I started shaking almost violently, almost as if I was ridiculously freezing cold and in the middle of winter in a snowstorm with no clothes on.

At first I thought I was having a seizure, but my hubby assured me that I was fine otherwise, telling me he couldn't feel warmth when touching my forehead. I took my temperature, just to make sure I didn't have a fever, and my body temp was four degrees below average.

Thing is, I wasn't in pain whatsoever (for the first time in a while), nor was I actually physically cold. I had no other symptoms.

I ended up cocooning myself in my blankets and passing out a short time after. I woke up feeling 100% perfect the next day, so I thought nothing of it.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Hey, How are you?

I have had the exact same thing happen to me, except when it happened to me I would normally have an Astral projection, which I believed was a mental creation of the mind or a dream experience leading to a lucid dream. What I finally discovered was that I was in fact feeling the effects on a physical level through vibration or trembling. I started having lucid dreams randomly which astounded me and I found extremely bizarre as they were never personally induced. They continued and then moved onto what I termed astral projections as I would be slipping into sleep. It is to say that when I was sleeping I had random Lucid dreams, when I'd be falling asleep I'd have a different experience.

Now, when this happened for the first time I was very scared and thought about nonsense like being abducted , but thinking clearly after that I realized that what seemed to be happening during these vibrations is that I was detaching from consciousness and relaxing into it I was able to project my said consciousness. Doing research on it after I came across compelling studies and scriptures and found that possibly there is some truth in the matter of us vibrating on a lower level on this plane. Think of it like this magnified everything is moving at a rapid pace but it pressed down in some form or way to seem solid, when you have these OBE's I think its fair to realize that you are able to manipulate matter as you are vibrating on a higher not as stacked consciousness.

Peace bro!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ajax

Sleep paralysis feels like something's touching you too ? I felt somebody climbing on top of me and like sliding something in between my legs. That was freaky.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tigermountain

At first I thought it was the Madrid then I was like these aliens want me ? Oh hell no, I keep a knife underneath my pillow. I didn't know if I had to fight or what. But like I said in my post above, it was like something was trying to slide itself in between my legs.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Yes, scary stuff!

I was afraid too when it first happened and I kind of fought it off, but then after when I though about it I realized that I was obviously in the perfect mode to project or have a Lucid dream and ran with it. I have now had about 54 of these and I am writing a book about how it's changed how I used to think of OBE'S and whatnot. Go with it the next time it happens , I tend to think it may be a slight opening to something else...If you will.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

You might want to look into ascension symptoms, example:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
reply to post by Ajax

Sleep paralysis feels like something's touching you too ? I felt somebody climbing on top of me and like sliding something in between my legs. That was freaky.

If you want to go back to ancient mythology, your symptoms almost sound like a textbook case of a succubus/incubus attack.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

It sounds like the effect of a bong hit gone wrong. Just saying.....
Were there anything beings that you can remember.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by scolai

I've read about the Incubus and succubus. I've even thought about that awkward moment of literally inviting one. I do have a Ouija board in the house, never used it for that though.

reply to post by Turkenstein

Naw, I don't smoke pot or have I used other drugs then sleeping pills and benydryl.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

reply to post by tigermountain

At first I thought it was the Madrid then I was like these aliens want me ? Oh hell no, I keep a knife underneath my pillow. I didn't know if I had to fight or what. But like I said in my post above, it was like something was trying to slide itself in between my legs.

You better start sleeping with flowers instead of a knife.....

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

reply to post by Ajax

Sleep paralysis used to be called 'old hag syndrome' as people would see visions of an old hag and she would climb atop them and press their chest down making it hard to breathe or gasp for air. This is all while they were paralyzed. Some of it can come in the form of a succubus who will sexually accost you in your altered state, maybe what you had happening. Some swear that it is reality.

As for me, ive had horrifying experiences that make the 'old hag' seem like cinderella. Ive had stuff happening to me just like you have, sensations can come in sight, sound, even touch. And its all the worse in our heightened state of consciousness.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

You don't have to invite it in. Sometimes it can just invite itself.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

edit on 31-8-2011 by scolai because: Posted twice. Don't know why.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Sounds like sleep paralysis and/or lucid dreaming, I've experienced it also.

Lots of threads on the subject here on ATS

edit on 31/8/11 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ajax

I should also let you know that the 'vibrations' are considered by some to be the stage just before an OOBE (out of body experience) or astral projection. Ive also been privy to these experiences. Tell me, did you hear 'buzzing' or a 'wind rushing' sound going on in your ears as well? Perhaps some very light electric popping sound or sensation? If you believe or are into this sort of thing, ill let you know that you were ALMOST there!

Was going to suggest this possibility but Ajax beat me. I never feel the sensory changes when I'm leaving, but if something wakes me while I'm who-knows-where, there's vibration, buzzing and the sounds of popping, as if from air pressure changes. It really freaked me out the first time it happened. Now I just need to learn the lucid-dreaming component to this and I'll finally control the universe.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Not to mention the weird sex dreams I've been having since that experience.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join