It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we being prepared for something?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
OR...

You were watching a tv show about an alien invasion, and the next advert were also about aliens because you are watching a tv show about aliens.

It's called marketing.

If I'm watching a cooking show generally the next ads are advertising cooking products

Sounds about right there...
Stupid ppl need entertaining, and its not that hard to
entertain ppl reading this forum...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis

To think that someone has the ability to hold a job, buy a computer, pay for internet access, and have a life but not understand the grade school level of things behind capitalism makes my head explode.

Well that maybe true, but I tend be of the thought that forums are a good place for open discussions & for people to bat ideas around. Everybody is entitled to their opinions. I just asked the question.

That doesn't make me stupid, that just means I question things. Yes I can hold down a job, yes I have a computer, & internet access. Not sure about a life.

But funny thing is all of those things actually have me buying into the capitalist way of things anyway. What I should therefore do is not have anything then capitalism can go scr*w itself. Because by having a job and getting paid for it are all elements of capitalism.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

I don't feel there is an increase in alien related movies/series and Ufo sightings compared to when I was young.
Would be interesting to see the numbers.
Also I don't believe that Governments would go through the lengths of producing movies and such in order to get something like this out.

reply to post by Miccey

Originally posted by Miccey

Aw, me thinks you're just having a bad hair day.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by derpif

Yeah now that would be interesting... but not sure how to locate that info, but as I am bored at work today I might investigate further...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
20 years ago my parents thought I was mad because I read about Alien Abductions.

They didn't sell Lego Alien Abduction kit back in those times.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I too come across lots of alien movies lately. I had a feeling too they want to tell us something. But as the OP said it is likely a false flag

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
There is a definite possibility of that happening. IF you look around trying to fit the pieces together some surprisingly fit well. I've noticed along with a lot of other people who ask questions that there has been a very high number of UFO specials in msm and hollywood entertainment.
The theory i like to stick with to explain it is simply money. Selling what sells. Looking at polls, internet sites and news articles one can see that the world's interest in extraterrestial life has grown in leaps and bounds in the last decade. So really I believe all these references in entertainment and media are just doing what they did with Vampires, rap music, westerns, anything that was a pop sensation that they could use to fill their pockets with money until everyone gets bored thinking about it.

On the contrary I would probably be happy if we were being prepared for an alien enlightenment, scared S***less when they show thier beady eyed alien faces.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

Unfortunately what I believe you are referring to is called "advertising".

You see, there is a theory in marketing that posits that a group of people who enjoy a certain activity, interest, passion, etc (aliens in this case) will likely enjoy something of similar nature. So, why WOULDN'T a marketer advertise a show about aliens on a science-fiction channel?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Its becoming all to common to see "Extraterrestrials" or "What will happen when aliens invade" or whatever on T.V. these past few months. To say we are being prepared for something of the sort is just dumb thinking. Why would they prepare us for this type of thing. Wouldn't they want it to be a complete surprise for maximum scare effect?

Even if they went through with an alien invasion scheme. The only thing that is sure to happen is out of control people fighting for their lives with riots, thieving and whatever else the sheeple do in a moment of crisis. Honestly though with such a tight hold on us all with bills, mortgage and food expenses. Honestly how much more control can you gain from such a thing?

Please riddle me that if you can.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

Yeah yeah, I wasn't this prepared for my SAT's.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

And?

What's your point?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

Remember all those 1950's and 1960's space alien movies like "Teenagers From Outer Space", The Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits episodes with aliens? How about "The Day the Earth Stood Still" and the phrase "Klaatu barada nikto" which surprisingly, has its own Wikipedia page.

Are we being prepared for something? Yes. You are being prepared to shell out another $20 bucks at the movies or watch 15 minutes of commercials for your favorite alien TV series.

You should try Torchwood on Showtime. No commercials.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I hope they do, I want to bash the hell out of everyone who doubted here. I wanna rub it on their heads. ON ALL of YOU/ I wanna throw their silliness in their faces.

And if it turns out all lie I'm going to rub it on believers heads, I wanna bash you to the end.

Because i am neither haha hahaha ahaah

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Maybe they want us to think they are preparing us for something. In the 1950's around the time that area 51 was discovered allot of Alien movies wear made. Every big hollywood movie they make has purpose, they are not going to spend millions of dollars and not have it brainwash the public. Same goes with any tv show video game or movie.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

If you don't get the point then something is wrong with your mental cognitive ability

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
It takes decades of programming to cultivate a belief system in something new and to destroy an old belief system in God. We've got an entire generation of young people now who believe "tptb" programming that we were more likely created by extra terrestrials than God. Whatever your personal belief in God, it is a fact that this new "religion" could not have been created without time, resources, conspiracies and control of all media.

This whole "ET" thing could have been laid to rest back in the 40s when supposedly a couple crashed - but no, every conceivable excuse has been made as to why they haven't declared themselves. The belief in ETs needed time to develop, to embed in our consciousness, to become rather blasé . How do you think cults are developed?

The OP is right, media is ramping up this grand production, the screw is being tightened, the call for disclosure is becoming louder, the pulse is quickening....

At the same time you have watchers in all religions starting to sound the alarm of the coming Final Act.
Coincidence?
No.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Just an idea that came up to my mind. So there are conspiracies where they claim humans already work with aliens and humans (at least that's how I've read it) do not want aliens to reveal themselves. This was part of the alleged Grenada treaty where they allowed them to take some cattle and abduct some people with giving details what/who they abduct. And this in return for technology.

What if alien beings are the iniciators? What if they said - 'don't reveal us to your world or we will destroy you all'

I'm not justifying what the Govs do and hiding the truth at all but just saying, what if this were the scenario.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
It's a tough one really because at the end of the day, would the government really prepare us for something? or would they just let us run supposedly blind into oblivion? I stick by my post that we are being prepared for something, Whether it's disclosure (finally) or we're all f**ked I'm not sure.

But I'm sure as hell I'm here to find out.... if you believe in the greys or don't, something is happening. Yeah I can see the points made by the guys/girls that say it's all clever marketing.

BUT!!,

My main question I guess is why now? marketing is one thing, but the MSM has picked up on more sightings than ever before. or @ least it seems that way.

Just makes me wonder????

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Read: The Day After Roswell.

I just started the book and it pretty much explains the government's thinking. It was written by a man who worked at the pentagon in the 1950 -1960s who delt with a filing cabinet of debris from the wreck. He said the public get revealed details of the most fantastic in nature through the movies and books. To prepare yourself mentally for the day when the aliens arrive.

The government can't stop then landing on the Earth and the public needs to be subconsciously aware enough not to panic and flip out. Something could happen at any time in the future. He also stated the disclosure was the cover up, and they covered up disclosure. All the secrecy was because of the cold war, and it just stayed that ws because they wanted all the technology secret and the people not to panic and hound them for answers. It is a really fascinating book.
edit on 2-9-2011 by frugal because: sp

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by derpif
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

I don't feel there is an increase in alien related movies/series and Ufo sightings compared to when I was young.
Would be interesting to see the numbers.
Also I don't believe that Governments would go through the lengths of producing movies and such in order to get something like this out.

reply to post by Miccey

Originally posted by Miccey

Aw, me thinks you're just having a bad hair day.

Naa...The Fonz never have a bad Hairday....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join