It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we being prepared for something?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Hi there, Last night I was watching 'Falling Skies' on TV and during the program there was an advert for another TV show called 'Taken' (both these are Alien attack/abduction shows)
Now this got me to thinking. Are we being prepared for something? maybe a false flag event, maybe a real event. but it seems to me that in the last few months we have had more UFO/Alien based TV shows, Films, Documentaries, and sightings on the MSM and various other sources (YouTube, ATS)

Couple this with the news that the ISS might have to be abandoned due to the last supply shuttle going "missing" and the Russians unsure of when they will resupply the ISS. And the Elenin theories that are rife, not really sure if I am worried about Elenin or not, but..........

What does everyone else think? my apologies if this is a repost? feel Mods feel free to move if required.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Look into Project Bluebeam.

It may answer some of your questions

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Well despite that there are more similar threads covering this thought, I personally won't be suprised if we are being softened up for something.

It's a well known tactic in different aspects to soften something up before bringing in "the big guns"..

I guess only time will tell if it's coincidence or not because people follow trends and i guess the whole "space/alien/2012" topic is a trend nowadays..

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247
Look into Project Bluebeam.

It may answer some of your questions

Yeah I've had a look at some things about it, if you have any decent sources let me know.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

There have been many threads asking this question and the song remains the same .
Alien films , TV series and documentaries have always been popular and are seen by the industry as a fairly safe bet , especially in times of hardship like now .

Elenin was a chance for the doom mongers to get themselves all exited and engage in wild speculation about catastrophe coming to the Earth , now it appears Elenin is breaking apart I expect " Earth has been saved by ET " threads to start springing up .
So no I don't think we are being prepared for anything , except for maybe going to the cinema and wasting our hard earned on silliness like Cowboys and Aliens

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I don't believe there's anything to it. You could easily have posed the same arguments regarding the past few decades as well. There were loads of series and movies in the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's up until now that dealt with UFOs and ET civilizations in contact with humans. It's only sci-fi, and there's no reason to read anything into it other than it's meant for entertainment.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Meh, hopefully we do get abducted by Aliens so this way I don't have to take my test tomorrow at school.

I bet if Katina comes around, I'll still have school and have to try to walk past the wind. Me and my 86 pounds is going to get blown away.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

So no I don't think we are being prepared for anything , except for maybe going to the cinema and wasting our hard earned on silliness like Cowboys and Aliens

It does look rather silly, but surely it can't be quite as bad as Battle Los Angeles? If it was I would hope to be abducted myself by then

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Hah! Good luck with your test tommorow!

I wonder what will be the next trend/hype when we pass 2012..

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elexio
reply to post by Manhater

I wonder what will be the next trend/hype when we pass 2012..

2020 sounds like a nice round number.. how bout that?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
The msm pick up on what the public want on television with there tv ratings system. More alien shows we watch the more alien shows we subconciously ask for.

But maybe you do have a point, there has been a dramatic increas in ufo sightings and television programs. You maybe onto something or maybe a coincidence.

The return of our creator is coming one day soon, just watch this space.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Oh yeah, sure. We're being prepared for slavery/invasion/lunch/ascension/false flag/(insert your fears/hopes here).

Or, could be just that no one knows what any if it is so a thousand assumptions, speculations and theories get tossed around everywhere.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
OR...

You were watching a tv show about an alien invasion, and the next advert were also about aliens because you are watching a tv show about aliens.

It's called marketing.

If I'm watching a cooking show generally the next ads are advertising cooking products

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

That's true enough, but just seemed to me that there were more and more reports, films, progs etc: could be that I am just looking for something that's nothing new (if you get me?)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

Who knows man.. I honestly believe in E.T's and that they are here but I also honestly believe that our governments never ever plan on disclosing what they know.

I don't see E.T disclosing himself to the world anytime soon or ever either. Why would they?

People theorize that the government drip feeds us information through these shows and media that you speak of, and that they will launch a fake alien invasion or attack on the world.

If they were really going to do that, why make it apparently so obvious that they are preparing us for something? Wouldn't they rather just catch us totally off guard with their fake attack so to induce a shock and awe unexpected fear?

Lots of speculating but wheat else can we do I guess

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The only thing we are being "prepared" for is the amount of ignorance, and the lack of common sense that permeates this subject.

To think that someone has the ability to hold a job, buy a computer, pay for internet access, and have a life but not understand the grade school level of things behind capitalism makes my head explode.

NO. NO. No. We are not being prepared for anything. If you want to subscribe to such an idiotic theory then you must understand that we have been being "prepared" for over a CENTURY. How long do they (tptb??) need? I mean, people since the 30's, 40's, 50's (especially the 50's), 60's, 70's, 80's.....you get the point.....have all been claiming the same thing. I guess they thing it will take 3-4 generations (in one country to boot!) in order to "prepare" us for alien encounters.

The lack of common sense, reason and logic before posting is a solid example of the ignorance that represents why we are viewed the way we are. There is a cover up. There are things we need to know. But to expect anyone "in the know" to come forward with something concrete when our own community can't even deal with it's own ignorance is laughable. Been around this subject since the early 70's. Heard it all before. I thought we would be smarter by now.................but then again I though we would have good video by now too given the fact that everyone has a camera on them these days....odd how technology hasn't added anything to this subject so far...in fact...it has set us back,.....it is almost like we are DEVOLVING rather than using the tools available to us.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
movies i can be sceptical about as they have a genre which is sci fi and i would expect to see shows about aliens etc,but what gets me is my 6 year old daughter singing a shoolyard song something like"Johnny got hit by a UFO " with similar ryming words,and then the other day watching playschool with my 18 month old they had a segment on UFO's and aliens ...i was gobsmacked,as far as i remember growing up we werent taught about aliens in school

peace

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

Remember all those 1950's and 1960's space alien movies like "Teenagers From Outer Space", The Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits episodes with aliens? How about "The Day the Earth Stood Still" and the phrase "Klaatu barada nikto" which surprisingly, has its own Wikipedia page.

Are we being prepared for something? Yes. You are being prepared to shell out another $20 bucks at the movies or watch 15 minutes of commercials for your favorite alien TV series.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
That;s like saying vampires are real because of the increased vampire themed programming.........

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation
reply to post by Wo0kiEE

Remember all those 1950's and 1960's space alien movies like "Teenagers From Outer Space", The Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits episodes with aliens? How about "The Day the Earth Stood Still" and the phrase "Klaatu barada nikto" which surprisingly, has its own Wikipedia page.

Are we being prepared for something? Yes. You are being prepared to shell out another $20 bucks at the movies or watch 15 minutes of commercials for your favorite alien TV series.

15 minutes????? WOW where are u based, wish I only got 15 minutes.......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join