It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you hate them?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Okay, I am sure to stir the pot on this one. I want to start by stating that I am not a member of any society whether open or "secret". I have no knowledge of any secrets or information on any of these groups. With that said my question is simply this, why do you hate, fear, or protect that which you do not know?

I have been wandering through the threads over the last few days and I have noticed a pattern. There are some that HATE the groups that they no nothing of.(We all know the groups of secret societies I feel no need to list them all out.) There are some that obviously fear these groups, and those who protect these groups.

I will assume that the protectors are members of said groups so I will leave these to their own business. And if you are not why do you protect the anyhow?

However, the haters and those that fear are in my opinion being led by information that is the equivalent of the blind leading the blind. They have read somewhere on the internet that the groups are doing evil things and have taken this to be without a doubt true. They have heard from a friend that they heard Masons were devil worshipers so it must be true.

I am not defending or offending I just would like to know opinions of why people feel so strongly about that which they do not know. It is the same for religions and other groups but I am choosing this arena for my question.

Have you ever attended a Lodge Meeting and seen these evil things being planned first hand? Have you ever seen these chips they are planting in us? Have you read any of their books and seen the prove for what you claim must be true?

I am just curious? What makes you fell so strongly?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

People hate secret societies because they are secret

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Sorry I just don't understand what you're asking.

Can you give a few specific examples?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by underspace

I guess my main question is this, (new at this) why do people feel so passionately about these groups that they have never been a part of. Why can't they just let them do their thing peacefully? They argue until blue in the face about something they have no real knowledge of.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I hate them because a cousin of mine that works at the CIA has a friend whos brother is illumante. And he said that he has first hand info that they are working with the invisible lizard people to enslave us.

The truth is it that it is human nature to fear the unknown. It's a survival technique that we all have in us. Some just take it too far lol.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I am pretty sure the power is mythical -- I mean the Bilderburgers get together to select a republican candidate and we get the likes of Bachmann, Perry and the guy with the magic underwear.

I am sleeping better.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I think billy there just summed it up.

The truth is it that it is human nature to fear the unknown. It's a survival technique that we all have in us. Some just take it too far lol.

I agree with billy. But I also think that fear depends on your social alignment. Such as super right wing PCT Christians who think all secret societies are agents of Satan and are conditioning the world for the anti-Christ.

I think the Extremist Christians are responsible for most of the theories which surround Secret Societies.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Openeye

Ah! thank you for clarifying which branch of Christians. I am Christian and feel that I should love you no matter what or who you are. Wait wait, maybe I'm just a hippy. Well anyhow, I do love and accept no matter what.

Some on here just seem so dead set about blaming Masons for everything it is just mind boggling.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815

I guess my main question is this, (new at this) why do people feel so passionately about these groups that they have never been a part of. Why can't they just let them do their thing peacefully? They argue until blue in the face about something they have no real knowledge of.

I guess I was wondering two things. Who are these groups specifically? Are you referring to secret society's and the occult? Is your premise that lots of members on ATS hate secret societies and they shouldn't because they have no real knowledge of it?? Do you?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

May I reply by asking a question?

Can you define true hate by describing it and your own experience feeling it?

No, I am not talking about what you think you see in others... but the first hand, up close and personal details of what it is like to genuinely hate something or someone.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It's a good question you raise. There are videos people make, saying that the Elites are psychopaths. For example, someone like Dick Cheney, displays an -aggravating- level of innocent remorselesness, but I myself have no idea if he is In with European Old Family Secret Societies or not, probably not, it looks like he just hangs out at home on his ranch and watches his heart machine. A good idea. W Bush too. People put those "bits and peices" of Intelligence together, like when Hillary and Obama went into a Bilderberg meet (I know that someone had captured a little film of this) right before Obama was declared President. And I, nor a video YouTuber can declare someone sociopathic just because their name is Rothchild. It's best to "follow the money", as the Watergate investigators once said. We keep having these frustrating Wars Of Aggression which cost a lot of taxpayer money, and only --wreck-- societies that were on their way to becoming pretty productive. Then, the MSM backs/supports that, and deliberately is pushing against Ron Paul. But I cannot say if Illuminati families are behind that, or rather, maybe it's what the Bible talks about, evil spiritual possession and oppression. But it's good to dissect, examine, the meme. It's not good to scapegoat innocent people, only bad people do that. I'm not bad, but I get influenced, swept up. It's not an excuse, just sayin.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

By secret societies I mean Knight Templar, Masonic, Illuminati, and any of this type that I fail to mention. Not for sure what the occult is unless you mean devil worshipers at which point I will humbly say I know nothing about.

I don't believe every ATS member hates these groups of people. I am just curious as to why those who do do so without ever really proving their case by stating they have been to a meeting or been part of the processes that they claim are happening.

I have no knowledge what-so-ever of any of those groups (I am a woman so I will never know as I cannot join) but I do like to read these threads and conspiracies. The masons in particular seem to catch most of the flack but the evidence offered seems to come from people who imo have never experienced any of the secret stuff themselves.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

You may ask any question you would like and I will try to answer to the best of my ability. I have been hated before and experienced the pain it brings. The person tried desperately to ruin me and everything around me. I never understood it but it happened and hurt me none the less.

I think that envious or jealous people breed the worst hate. People who don't understand the other persons perception can be selfish and destructive. This is the behavior I am trying to understand. Are these people truly experiencing these things they claim are happening or just trying to be destructive.

Maybe me using the word Hate is a little harsh but I don't know what word to use to describe what the people who fight so adamantly against these groups do. In my eyes I see hate. In their eyes perhaps they are trying to save the rest of the world from what they see as evil.

p.s. I don't believe I have ever hated so it would be hard for me to explain what that would be like for me.
edit on 30-8-2011 by Doodle19815 because: to add p.s.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I do not hate the masons. I feel bad for them. The ones in the lower ranks are in denial of the fact that they are supporting men that are truly dangerous and deserve to be hated.

I can say that I do hate the idea of secret societies. I loath the fact that there are people out there that think it makes them special because they know something that others don't. It is childish. When we were kids, we always felt special when a friend or relative told us something and to keep it a secret. Adults who still have to do this need to grow up.

I can honestly say that I hate the Skull and Bones society. I don't believe that fraternities and sororities serve any real and positive purpose and should be dismantled. Hazing should be considered a felony.

Above all else, I hold a special hatred for a registered society called the Hash House Harriers. All they do is celebrate debauchery and the profane. Through my extensive research of these groups, none of them serve any positive purpose. They thrive on humiliation and the groups are basicly a sex club for twisted anarchists. They hide behind the ruse that they are an athletic club and skirt taxation this way. They are all about binge drinking and relish a no rules policy. Many illegal and disgusting activities occur at their camps and gatherings. Not all members participate in humiliating sex rituals and beastiality, but (in my eyes) if you're even attending these sick parties, you're supporting the downward spiral.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815

By secret societies I mean Knight Templar, Masonic, Illuminati, and any of this type that I fail to mention. Not for sure what the occult is unless you mean devil worshipers at which point I will humbly say I know nothing about.

Golden Dawn would be another

Well if you're not familiar with what the occult is then you are right, you don't know much about this stuff. No offense intended
No, I did not mean devil worship. Many of these societies have their foundations in the occult. Some surface level info...

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't believe every ATS member hates these groups of people. I am just curious as to why those who do do so without ever really proving their case

Maybe they are just not very familiar with them, such as yourself. People fear what they don't understand right?

I have no knowledge what-so-ever of any of those groups (I am a woman so I will never know as I cannot join) but I do like to read these threads and conspiracies.

That 'no girls allowed" rule is not true to all these societies. It is, for the most part, in masonry.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
We all know the words "fear of the unknown" and I think this is the absolute perfect answer to your question. I have many friends who are Masons and I am also a member of a "secret" order. I could say there are no nefarious plots involved in the meetings of these groups but of course I wouldn't know, and if I did, that would be confidential. The reason most groups do this is simply to keep the structure of their order together. It's almost like the he-man woman haters club in little rascals. That sense that something is yours. Just like a close group of friends, you exclude the outside and keep tight the inside. Anyway, this is my opinion so don't go sharpen your pitchforks and label me "Big Brother" .

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
I do not hate the masons. I feel bad for them. The ones in the lower ranks are in denial of the fact that they are supporting men that are truly dangerous and deserve to be hated.

Perfect example of an unsupported baseless attack.....you can neither show evidence of these "mythical" higher ranks, or that anything in masonry is "dangerous an deserves to be hated".

I can say that I do hate the idea of secret societies. I loath the fact that there are people out there that think it makes them special because they know something that others don't. It is childish. When we were kids, we always felt special when a friend or relative told us something and to keep it a secret. Adults who still have to do this need to grow up.

You do not understand it because you are franky spoiled. You have always stated what you wished openly without fear of consequence. You have never lived through a period where the mere questioning of dogma or government could have you tortured, maimed, or killed as well as for your friends and family. You are spoiled in this way because whether you like or hate masonry, you have been blessed by it's legacy. You give it no credit for this because of your ignorance, and because masonry does not seek your thanks.

Secret societies do not usually form, as some sort of "childish" elite club....after all....how can you be elite for joining something no one knows about? How can it be used as a status if it's a secret? Masonry at one time was in fact SECRET, it became public only after accomplishing the safety of it's members. Societies become secret for survival, to survive oppression. For you a secret is about feeling "special" for the men who founded masonry, a secret was what could get you and your family killed, as all of western civilzation lived in fear and tyranny. I'm glad you have no such fears, I'm sad that you have opinions withouta basis in knowledge or education.

I can honestly say that I hate the Skull and Bones society. I don't believe that fraternities and sororities serve any real and positive purpose and should be dismantled. Hazing should be considered a felony.

I don't know enough about them to have an opinion, I know what is "said" but I know enough about the lies said about masonry to doubt what is "said". I also know that whatever values or traditions they may have they have a connection to the OSS and the CIA founders. I know enough about history to know those organizations defended this nation against the Nazi's and fascism, and against Communism and tolitarian tyranny.....so ya know maybe their not all that bad......though my guess is their a bit spoiled given where they recruit. As for hazing i agree......hazing is stupid. However I not you would like to see them "dismantled". What by law? So you would FORCE other people to do as YOU say? How then do you dare to accuse anyone else of being an oppressor, as it seems to be your natural inclination to force your will on another.

Above all else, I hold a special hatred for a registered society called the Hash House Harriers. All they do is celebrate debauchery and the profane. Through my extensive research of these groups, none of them serve any positive purpose. They thrive on humiliation and the groups are basicly a sex club for twisted anarchists. They hide behind the ruse that they are an athletic club and skirt taxation this way. They are all about binge drinking and relish a no rules policy. Many illegal and disgusting activities occur at their camps and gatherings. Not all members participate in humiliating sex rituals and beastiality, but (in my eyes) if you're even attending these sick parties, you're supporting the downward spiral.

Your nuts. The HHH have no governing body. Any city can pretty much start one, any member of another group can start a new chapter. So I would guess their rules pretty much differ between EVERY group. However the HHH in my area is full of young couples with famlies, they bring their kids who run with them. They are extremely family oriented. They are largely represented by military vets with very traditional values. They do drink of course....I'm not a tee toddler, and see no harm with good people drinking running and at worst telling dirty jokes, and laughing......that said I can't say that there isn't another HHH group in som other state or country in a section where morals are in decay etc that doesn't have orgies.....however perhaps there's a AA group that also enjoys S&M and lines of coke....I don't know. Given that neither the HHH nor the AA have any governing body per say there's not much any other chapter could do about it. I am not a member of HHH, but I have been to their meets and their parties I saw nothing to be worried about.
edit on 30/8/2011 by ForkandSpoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by toxicblud
Anyway, this is my opinion so don't go sharpen your pitchforks and label me "Big Brother" .

Okay. Which secret society do you belong to?

If you can't answer that then I will label you 'Big Brother'.

Makes sense.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ForkandSpoon

I see I've struck a nerve.

The Op was asking for opinions and I offered mine. I'm not spoiled, but thanks for offering up your baseless opinion of how you view me. The masons have never done anything for me. If you feel that they have benefitted me personally, do tell.

Regarding HHH, children DO NOT need to be involved in the activities. I've heard personal stories from people who have seen children as young as 10 given sexual hash names. There is no need for this. I have no respect for a parent who allows their child to be given a risque name by people they consider friends. How well do they know these people? I'm so glad that I was spoiled by parents who didn't feel the need to take me around to these types of activities or have friends who would think about me in a sexual way. Especially when alcohol is involved, children don't need to be around lewd people. What if "John" does something to young Mary? What are the odds that Mary will choose not to rat out her parents' good friend? They probably wouldn't believe her anyways. Besides, mommy and daddy hang out with these people all the time. They won't have friends anymore if she says that "John" touched her or made her uncomfortable.

Well, you can see where I'm going with this. If you can't even trust your clergymen, why are you going to trust your drinking buddies?

Besides, what exactly is it teaching your child when you take them to a group where having no rules is considered cool? How are they supposed to learn boundaries and that it's not socially acceptable, for example, to pull someone's pants down in front of other people? Or that it's never acceptable under any circumstance to bully someone into taking their clothes off?

I guess I'm just a prude who has more respect for morals and decency than alcohol fueled sex fests where anything goes and it usually does. From the research I've done, some members don't agree with some of the stuff that happens, but their comments are always "I wish they wouldn't or I don't like it when". It seems as though they don't have the nerve to speak up when they see someone being humiliated. In my opinion, seeing a person denigrated and not saying anything is just as bad as participating in the actual humiliation.

I should probably just step away from this. If people want to teach their kids that being humiliated and humiliating others is okay, then who am I to intrude on this glorious erosion of morals? I'm just glad my parents were never a part of anything remotely similar to HHH. My parents were busy teaching me that bullying was wrong and how to stand up for yourself as well as others when a bully was doing what he does best.

EDIT to Add: You stated that you didn't know enough about the Skull and Bones to have an opinion, but your avatar says otherwise. No?
edit on 31-8-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

The Thelemic Order of the Golden Dawn.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join