It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Recording: 9/11 Effects Wearing Off, Need Another Attack - Rumsfeld

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by imeddieone4202003

My though is that if He is saying the effects of 9/11 are "wearing off," it indicates that He found those effects useful. And though He does not say, "Let's plan another one!" He does sound as if that is the implication...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
In looking at the source of this information...in Donald Rumsfeld. A NEOCON chickenhawk and war profiteer.

The same Rumsfeld who during the Reagan administration replaced the head of the FDA allowing his corporation's Searle Labs, creation, the artificial sweetener, Aspartame, , to be approved after having previously failed in laboratory testing....due to causing seizures in animals.

To now hear him stating essentially that the fear campaign created by 911 is waning and that that is imposing a PROBLEM.

And to follow that up with a solution which is ....

He clearly states "The correction for that, I suppose, is another attack"

Hmm....if I'd heard that from anyone else but in Looking at this guy's shady past.

I would take his words rather seriously.

Especially since Rahm Emmanuel is now Mayor of Chicago...and Silverstein now also owns the tallest building in the United States, The Sears Tower....renaming it the Willis Tower.

I also wonder if Silverstein's Willis Tower is insured for Billions of Dollars against a Terrorist Attack ??

Then Rumsfeld's "Solution" might be brought to us all live on Television in the not too distant future...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I hope this is a fake recording

The pieces of the puzzle are slowly coming to show another false-flag attack around the 10th anniversary of 9/11, definately before the 2012 election.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
When Rumsfeld speaks about what is really going on I bet there won't be any dictaphones/recording devices in the room. This tape sounds like he's trying to convince a bunch of Army heads that the official story is real, It isn't.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Most likely the next false flag on the USA will not be blamed on Islamic Terrorism, but "anti-Government" terrorism.

After that, Americans can kiss their freedom and liberty goodbye.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Talk about another of many smoking guns!!!!

2nd

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Jugtalicus

Listen to how this scum# talks...trying to mask his true intention behind jargon speak and not being completely blunt about what he really means. At least it seems that way. Regardless, lets think about this, if this guy truly had respect and cared for the American people, OR people in general for that matter, why propose that having another terror attack that would destroy many peoples lives be a "good" thing to reawaken some frenzied mob like behavior in the masses where they are easily controlled?

Again you are ignoring the context. Let me try to explain.

first, you have to come to grips with the fact that, real or not, Rummy BELIEVES there is a credible terrorist threat and that 911 was a first strike on us soil. Keep that in mind ok?

What he is saying is the president is a "victim" of his success at stopping another terrorist attack. victim referring to the support for him, and the war on terror and all the laws and restrictions that go along with that.

Again, remember, Rummy BELIEVES arab terrorists are behind every curtain just waiting to slit your throat.

It's a fact that the farther away from that day we get, the more "complacent" people become, and ignore or belittle the threat that Rummy perceives.

When saying the only answer for that is another attack, he's not inferring another attack would be good. He's saying, with the current feelings of the average american, ONLY another attack would bring them back in line in supporting what they are doing.

you've got to understand that some of these "hawks" honestly believe the end justifies the means, and they are doing something GOOD.

He's not accepting responsibility, and he's not lamenting over the fact that there hasn't been another attack, nor is he wishing for one.

He's CLEARLY stating that support for the war on terror is steadily dropping as more time passes, and at this point, nothing short of another attack would bring people back in line. He's stating that without proper full on support of the american people, they are limited in their ability to protect those people, and nothing short of another attack would get that support back. I do think he's right there, but not for the reasons he assumes.

And no, I don't agree with him, the wars, or the official story. I'm just sick of crap like this tainting ME. Yes, I'm being completely selfish. This type of stuff, as well as the no planes garbage, gets spread over EVERYONE who questions the official story, regardless of what THEY think happen.

I could actually post a link to a thread from this week where I was accused to suggesting that no planes were used and was told "ok smarty pants, where did all the passengers on the planes go then?". Simple, into the god damn world trade center with the plane, only an idiot would question that fact.

Yet, some of you do, and it's used to slander ALL of us.

This is not an admission of guilt, not matter how out of context you want to take the quotes. I'm not going to let you smear us all with half quotes and disinformation.

edit on 31-8-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I don't think anything that Rumsfeld said would get him anywhere near a courtroom. If anything, the funny farm would do him. He is talking like a child, and my God, this was part of the team running a country.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabbage11
reply to post by billy197300

I agree with Billy here. Nowhere in there is there any mention of a previous inside job, or one to occur in the future. Just an assessment of the American people and their lack of concern for terrorism.

"The correction for [the lack of perception of threat] is an attack."

They could just leave the door open, AGAIN.

Just like pearl harbor

Just like 9/11....

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
In an ever increasing police-state of a country.... another terror attack is EXACTLY what we don't need....

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

According to Rumsfeld, we all need to be #ting our pants twenty-four seven.

Fear and control go hand in hand.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by patternfinder

Did I miss something in the OP?

Nowhere did I see the poster claim Rumsfeld was admitting 9/11 was an inside job

That is people's way of trying to change the subject so they don't have to address the reality of their leaders wanting America to be attacked.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
it seems like he is saying "people aren't as afraid as they were, and the only way to make them more fearful is another attack" the "correction" society needs is a heightened perception of fear, and the way to do that is an attack.

the two things they want to use that fear for is support for the campaign in the middle east, and a bigger willingness to give up freedom for "safety".

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

He never said he wanted an attack he was stating that the American people are becoming complacent and letting their guard down open for another attack and the only thing that's going to open there eyes f the possibility of it is having another attack. He's not saying they are going to set up an attack and not once said anything remotely close to saying 9/11 was an inside job. I believe we are not being told the truth about 9/11 but in nut shell that's what he is saying. It would take another attack to put peoples guards back up because right now we are too complacent!
It's one thing to find something factual and evident but it's another thing to take what someone is saying way out of context. Your looking for reasons our leaders are corrupt and evil! Instead of wanting evil corrupt leaders why dont you try personal investigation on facts and not taking someones words and twisting them out of context!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
After listening to the provided recording, I have come to the conclusion that Rumsfeld was NOT talking about setting up another attack or needing another attack. What he was talking about, and this is just how I heard it, is that America has become lax in ways of national security and that we are falling in to the slump that we were in before 9/11. Look at how patriotic everyone became after 9/11. Look at how serious everyone was about national security. And look at things now. If we were to be attacked again, it would spark the same kind of energy within the American people to once again realize the threat is out there and we can't take it lightly.

Sure, there may be other underlying things he could mean by all this. I guess I'm just not smart(read: paranoid) enough to figure that out.

reply to post by xBWOMPx

What he said. He said it better than me. Should have read the full 3 pages before posting...I do that too much...bad me.
edit on 8/31/11 by Echo3Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Hate Rumsfeld, but if truther's somehow take that to mean Rummy wants another 9/11 they're just crazy.

He MAY, but that's the opposite of what he says.

He says:

It's a shame that it takes terror attacks to wake people up to the threat.

The only way people will wake up to the threat posed by terrorism is through terrorism.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Rumsfeld's thinking comes out of the PNAC-Project For The New American Century. Here is an official site for it.

www.newamericancentury.org...

Here is an opposing viewpoint on PNAC(the only one I could find with the least amount of leftist political rhetoric)
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Even though he didn't come out and say he it was an inside job, it shows his lack of conscience and sociopathic tendencies.

I also wanted to add all of the super secret underground batman caves that Al Qaeda has. (No proof of any of them existing. More propaganda coming from Rummy)

edit on 31-8-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

The correction for that is an attack...
WTF?
Get ready everyone some bad apples in government want some of us dead so we all fall in line...
Maybe Obama isn't lucky, maybe he is looking into Cheney and stopping him before he attacks us.
This is nuts, welcome to America!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Rumsfield is upset that we as a society are no longer living under terror...sort of ironic, the staplemark that "the terrorists did not win" is exactly what he is ultimately complaining about.

No, he isn't saying 9/11 was a inside job, nor is he saying he will somehow many another...he is voicing his concern that people don't seem to worry as much as he worries, or wants everyone to worry, etc...meh.

and yes, should another big event happen, we again will become all paranoid and flag waving xenophobes for awhile again...then back to the norm as time passes...so, he simply stated the obvious.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join