It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima worker with no health problems dies of Leukemia after working there one week!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
"The incidence of leukemia was high in the United States in the years during and immediately after the nuclear testing"

Why ignore that part?
edit on 8/31/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
"The incidence of leukemia was high in the United States in the years during and immediately after the nuclear testing"

Why ignore that part?
edit on 8/31/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

You're right, however 1951 - 1980 (the 29 years of the bomb testing) is more than enough time for leukemia's to manifest from exposures at the beginning and middle of the testing program.

I'm not saying you can't get a fast leukemia, but from a quick look at the literature it seems more common that there is a long 6-10 year 'germination' stage from time of exposure. Perhaps with an intense enough internal exposure this could happen, however you'd likely die from acute radiation sickness first. What's really weird about this is he seems to have tested normal but I don't know enough about this to say what really happened except it looks dam suspicious. I wonder if he died from leukemia at all! I wouldn't put it past Tepco to try to wiggle out of it that way.

Another thought occurs... perhaps he knew he was dying and thought he could work at the plant as a last gesture of helpfulness? Just a thought.
edit on 31-8-2011 by Wertwog because: added something

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Nothing to see here, phage has already debunked the thread, move along...

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Juanxlink

What did Phage "debunk"?
That the Fukushima radiation is responsible for this guy's leukemia? Not really. All he found, and what I was able to find also, is that leukemia tends to appear 6 - 10 years after exposure. I just don't know if there have ever been any fast leukemia's. If there has NEVER been a fast one, then I would say it is debunked. It is also possible we are being told a lie and this guy didn't have leukemia and he really died from acute radiation sickness which can have some of the symptomology of leukemia, especially since he was normal just the other day.

I'm sure the worker's family would be heartened to know it was just a incredibly bizarre coincidence that he happened to start working at Fukushima the last few days of his life. If you're happy with that explanation good for you.

Personally, I think there's more to this and it's not the last death we are going to see that is going to be a "coincidence". As I said before, it is likely that very many of these cases are never going to be 'proven' to connect the dots back to Tepco.
edit on 31-8-2011 by Wertwog because: added something

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Ok, well given the sudden lack of responses I guess y'all feel Tepco's blameless or you're just awestruck by Phage's magic thread zapper. Lol. Carry on.

2 workers showered with radioactive water while draining a container in the water treatment system.

No internal exposure.
No burns or other complaints.
External exposure beyond the level of the instruments ability to read.
.016 milliseverts and .014 milliseverts (must be some lame instruments).

Ok, well nothing to see here, move along.

edit on 1-9-2011 by Wertwog because: added something

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Wert, we are on the same boat, I will need to remember to put the /sarcasm sign for next time.

Rereading your post, no, there has been no "quick" case, my granpa died off leukemia, and its a slow process. Im fairly sure he died from acute radiation poisoning, but they wont tell us that.
edit on 1-9-2011 by Juanxlink because: To add...

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Lol, no worries... you sounded kinda serious about it so I wasn't sure. Good to know I'm not whistling in the breeze

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Did anyone think to find out if this man had leukemia prior to his work at the plant? If he did then it obviously has nothing to do with the radiation other then it may have irritated a per-existing condition.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage I agree with you, However what IF the high level exposures he was being subjected too, Jump started that Leukemia and made it grow at a horrendous rate...Once again we have never seen this kind of continued irradiation at these levels on a human before...Not the public anyway. I am positive our Government and others conducted such tests be it on rats, bats, apes, or for Pete sake people!.. maybe, Definitely the first three in that list. Or perhaps it was as simple as the guy was killed by radiation exposure, however he had a preexisting GENETIC predisposition to Leukemia and they ran with that instead... It still lie after lie any way you look at it.
edit on 12/08/11 by LanternOfDiogenes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

My grandpa died from Leukemia as well. His was from Benzene exposure from working in a GE plant. His leukemia occurred some 40 years later tho. Its not a peaceful way to go... AT ALL
edit on 9/2/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Sympathic to your loss, all the more horrific since the future for many folk in Japan is exactly this kind of death, most unnecessary had they been but told the truth, given choices or even adequate evacuation orders and support. Of course, I have been reminded again and again how unJapanese it is to evacuate and many would prefer death than leave their homes and homeland. I don't think they quite understand what kind of death they are choosing. as you know, about leukemia...

And not only for themselves, but their DNA will be effected and many of these genetic diseases they will pass on do not begin to appear until the 2nd and 3rd generation.

Anyone staying in Japan, and especially around Fukushima, is gambling with this risk.
edit on 4-9-2011 by Wertwog because: heartbreak

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join