It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEBUNK THIS - There WERE NO human rights abuses in Libya according to UN Human Rights report

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Some people think the US was better under confederate rule.

The fact people say these things give no credit to being true or not. Numbers don't lie. Germany is the best economy in the EU.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

No, please enlighten me.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Germany is the best economy in the EU.

Sadly but that isnt true, again all goverment figures of jobless rate can be faked to prevent a riot.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Your speculation is not proof I'm wrong. Germany is a very good country, very well off, with the best economy of Europe, and a good chunk of the wealth of Europe.

I don't see Muslims rioting, chavs going nuts, nor rich bankers robing land up there.
edit on 31-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

Plus the majority of innocent people wouldn't want to interfere with NATO and the rebels due to fears of being "silenced", like these poor souls:

Have you actually watched that video you posted? No one was even killed! Both occupants of the car were hit, yes, but both surrendered and were quite peacefully taken into custody....

As for the subject matter, why is it that for years there have been countles reports from many different agencies about Libya's Human rights abuses? The fact you can't even post a video which backs up your silly claims has turned me off completely.

Same old pro-Gaddafi fan-boy BS, if you ask me. If it paints the West in a bad light, even if it is BS, you guys lap it up.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Oh, I will point out that having read that "report" (it wasn't really, it was more of a reveiw into what Libya had said it was doing and what other countries wanted it to do - not a report on abuses themselves) that it actually does mention a lot of HR abuses. What you also have to look into is what country says what and most of the countries that have good things to say are ones like Iran, Chad and North Korea, whereas France and the USA for example pretty much stick to the line that libya has a long way to go.

I suppose you were hoping people wouldn't read the report? Talking about reaching to prove a point...
edit on 31/8/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Well your going to hate me for saying this but here goes people in East Germany now are saying things were better under communism then the united germany of today and thats a fact, and thats not good enough to start wars based on false information and intel.

Oh dear Lord... You're made up "facts" know no bounds, do they?

I actually work with a Ukrainian, a Lithuanian, two Germans and a Slovak. Not one will say what you claim they would say and all are now happy to be free of Communism and everything that entails.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Indeed, Germany is and always has been the economic power house of Europe. That's not to say they don't have problems, but they are an immense economy, 3rd largest in the world if I recall.

Agent_USA, however, will quote to you "facts" and how you are wrong till he's blue in the face, all without any kind of supporting evidence.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Oh, I will point out that having read that "report" (it wasn't really, it was more of a reveiw into what Libya had said it was doing and what other countries wanted it to do - not a report on abuses themselves) that it actually does mention a lot of HR abuses. What you also have to look into is what country says what and most of the countries that have good things to say are ones like Iran, Chad and North Korea, whereas France and the USA for example pretty much stick to the line that libya has a long way to go.

I suppose you were hoping people wouldn't read the report? Talking about reaching to prove a point...
edit on 31/8/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

So a few hundred alleged human rights violations out of six million people is cause to drop bombs kill people and tell all the lies?
Things have been this way for forty years.I can promise you that if this report was acted on at least by 2006 i would not be suspicious one bit.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Agent_USA, however, will quote to you "facts" and how you are wrong till he's blue in the face, all without any kind of supporting evidence.

Since when are facts not supporting evidence?
edit on 31-8-2011 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

He hasn't shown any facts to support his evidence...let alone evidence to support his case.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Oh, I've dealt with Agent before. He'll probably get mad and tell me not to reply to him if I disagree so much in a little while.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

A "few hundred"? Over a thousand people were killed in one incident, Abu Salim. Then there are the abitrary arrests and detentions for merely talking politics, beatings, dissapearences, banning of any political opposition under penalty of death.. Even the "report" quoted in the OP delves into the various abuses. The only countries in that "report" that had good things to say were the ones with even worse records!

Originally posted by deadeyedick

Since when are facts not supporting evidence?
edit on 31-8-2011 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

Hence the quote marks. Agent will tell you things like "it's a fact Gaddafi has a huge dong" but never offer anything up as evidence. You might get lucky and have a blog thrown at you, or maybe an obscure Youtube vide, but never anyting from any source of repute.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I will not dispute it is all a front for the world banks, that you have my support on my friend, but that aside we may soon find out if the citizens wanted this or not that simple fact can not be hidden time will tell. so taking in to consideration the agenda of the world banks and the citizens. If it turns out they truly wanted this this maybe a Blessing in disguise but i to am watching this closer every time i dig a little deeper.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by indisputable

I will not dispute it is all a front for the world banks, that you have my support on my friend, but that aside we may soon find out if the citizens wanted this or not that simple fact can not be hidden time will tell. so taking in to consideration the agenda of the world banks and the citizens. If it turns out they truly wanted this this maybe a Blessing in disguise but i to am watching this closer every time i dig a little deeper.

Well i think your right but this can be said about everyone and be true.Dont be naive to think that any of us could be shown to be unworthy of life!

I have serious problems with a forced take over.when i grew up hearing on the news about how bad he is.After 20 or thirty yrs of that now seems like were being bent over.
I mean this man has been in our country alot.People should be charged for not enforcing this in 2005 or before.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I would seriously encourage everyone to look up and read:

1. The Non Integrating Gap and the Core.
2. The Pentagons New Map. (And yes, there is a map too).
3. The Project for a New American Century.

Preferably in that order. You can Google it.

Note: Libya is a "non integrating" State, as well as other States in that region. So look for more States to suddenly want "democracy". By the way, speaking of "democracy", Libya's new constitution will be based on Sharia Law.

Unfortunately, this all will backfire eventually. Which will lead to the game of the century.

While you are at it, you may want to type in your search bar: "Cheney and Caspian Sea".

edit on 31-8-2011 by AgentC because: Add.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Hence the quote marks. Agent will tell you things like "it's a fact Gaddafi has a huge dong" but never offer anything up as evidence. You might get lucky and have a blog thrown at you, or maybe an obscure Youtube vide, but never anyting from any source of repute.

I am really getting tired of replying to NATO Suppoters

You might get lucky and have a blog thrown at you, or maybe an obscure Youtube vide, but never anyting from any source of repute.

and your the only person i know who believes everything that Mainstream news press tells you since it's pretty obvious you support and the british ,NATO,American roles in both Iraq,Libya etc, alot of people here arent that minded closed, first all of stumason people post on blog as news soruce, as a way of keeping update on news events, since you dont believe in blogging i could say the same thing about twitter no? and how many times has twit has lied? it has lied as much as the mainstream news networks are.

All major news networks which i will list here have an agenda.

Western News Networks:BBC.CBC.CTV.ABC.PBS.ABC.NBC.CNN,FOX, Al Jazeera.

Both of all them have an agenda its pretty hilarious your the person on here believeing every report either from the news press or UN,NATO,etc as credible? what made UN So credible? UN and NATO arent credible nor the media, both have sides which they chosen by america and britian.

Thats the reality stumason.

And also stumason you know Mahdi Nazemroaya? he is canadian Canadian freelance journalist who has been reporting the truth in libya and what really has been going in libya, in libya he was almost killed by the rebels and even captured by the rebels, but now he is coming back to canada.

thats the difference of been an independent journalist you are free to report and see what is really going on your own even with that comes with risks.

As Mahdi Nazemroaya said in a video interview, he saw Intelligence Agents been as journalists, so i have to ask you. why do you continue the lies created by the mainstream news press?

It was the media and there supposed experts which claimed that there will be no recession for 2008 and it seems its happening again.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Well he's right on that one, Libya does look like is has an excellent track record in Human Rights.Come to think of it I never heard of any violations going on there up until a few weeks ago.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

First off all, why the hell do I care about Twitter? Don't use it, don't read it and never will. Not sure why you thought that was relevant at all..

Secondly, cutting through your terrible english, Blogs are the most least credible of sources. They are unverifiable to the extreme and represent a sigle persons viewpoint. Media outlets from across the spectrum and the world, however, give a much better idea of what is going on.

The fact is, you will shout down any media source that disagress with you, be it Western or Arab, Chinese or Japanese, they're all in on the conspiracy (Except the ones that agree with you, like the world-reknowned nuthouse RT), despite what evidence they have, but in the same breath post an unverified, unattributed Youtube video or random blog that will use evidence of an even less credible nature to back up your flimsy point...

It is obvious that almost everything you have said about Libya so far has been borne out to have been false. Gaddafi doesn't have popular support, he was a Tyrant and the rebels you like to label as a small gang of CIA trained Terrorists actually have much more support across the cultural spectrum of Libya than you claimed they did.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I actually work with a Ukrainian, a Lithuanian, two Germans and a Slovak. Not one will say what you claim they would say and all are now happy to be free of Communism and everything that entails.

Sure you do

Not one will say what you claim they would say and all are now happy to be free of Communism

to be free of Communism? thats a good laugh i would be to free from capitalism and the fakery of democracy.

a Ukrainian, a Lithuanian, two Germans and a Slovak.

orry but anyone on the web can cliam something like that and to cliam you work with them?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join