It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEBUNK THIS - There WERE NO human rights abuses in Libya according to UN Human Rights report

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
ABU SALIM...'nought said. To claim he didn't abuse human rights is beyond ridiculous. Hell, just earlier this year he held 2 Swiss businessmen hostage and kept them without legal representation for weeks at an undisclosed location. And we know for a fact they tortured people at Abu Salim.

But who cares, right?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentC

I googled and favorited some links.

I still feel the Libya intervention was justified because WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED. Gaddafi just did not give himself benefit of the doubt. He pushed us into a corner and we had to choose.

However, this war is part of a larger operation. Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Iran, Russia, Israel, Syria, and so on; all of these are interconnected in some way to what's going on right now. I just do not have the resources to go through all of it for a broader understanding.

I did not support the Iraq war in 2003 because I did not feel the case was strong enough to justify the consequences. Watching videos of Iraq cities BEFORE we bombed them is heart-breaking. So many innocent people die and are permanently scarred by war. Pre-emptive war is fought based on WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN. Even the Libya intervention is partly pre-emptive.

While I did not fully trust the Libyan operation either, I still felt that they were justified in intervening, assuming that what the media was feeding me is trustworthy. Gaddafi looked, for all its worth, like he was setting out to kill thousands of people. He used harsh words to describe protesters. Of the media I could find, he looked insane and babbled like he was on drugs. He was clearly a dictator. He passed around his green book and forced children to read it. It reminds me of Mein Kampf because both were written by their leaders and fed to children.

I had other reasons to trust them. It was not a ground war for us; the only thing they were discussing were airstrikes. The rebels were the primary force. Without the rebels, support would have shrunk to microscopic levels. Worryingly, the rebels did look a lot more like militants than protesters. Still, I think that's normal in that part of the world - it's very tribal and religious and torn by war. Another thing is it wasn't a US war. Instead, France was spearheading the effort and was first to act. The UN got involved too to lend legitimacy. Now, there may be loose ends that could defeat all of this - for example, perhaps more devious elements in the UN or France or US or UK masqueraded as something they were not to get us into this war.

But as for how I'll feel in the next few years: no idea. I'm not even sure I'll be alive. Who knows? So I don't want to play that game. But I will continue to try to learn more about this ugly world.

Here is the post I made in this threat earlier in the year:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-11-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Please watch the video below. This may have lit the subject better. Maybe?
2nd, Thank you.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by organite

I really tried to watch it all but i only watched about ten minutes because i couldn`t understand it.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

but i only watched about ten minutes because i couldn't understand it.

Yeah when someone replies like that means you haven't watched it at all then and if you cant understand it then that shows you sometimes dont really care what the mainstream media news lies to you.

No offense meant

edit on 17-3-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

I still feel the Libya intervention was justified because WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED.

Sadly i felt the Libya intervention was unjustified and not worth it just look at the mess we have created in Libya and whats worse we Canadians have to pay Harper's little Libyan Victory Photo OP nearly a $80000000 or so.

Oh and your saying on what could have had happened? you do you know the death toll created by The green forces were no where near 7500 right?

dont tell me your buying into what Bernard Henry Levy has claiming?

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join