It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Katia Tracking Inbound For USA around 9/11 - Forecast to Be Major Hurricane by Sunday 9/4

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Here we go. Its Irene's tag team partner. Irene is tapped out and here comes Hurricane Katia. Coming right up the same path as Irene, due to hit the shores of the USA in 10-14 days from now. Thats 9/9-9/13 and thats first strike, then it could roll up the coast, on head inland, or cross Florida towards the Gulf of Mexico. Could possibly turn or fade as well.

Worth keeping an AllSeeingI on...

NHC: Katia Website

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dc2f0b3d10f4.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/80a6043821c5.gif[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9025ef7cfa88.gif[/atsimg]

Reuters: Tropical Storm Katia, latest of 2011 hurricane season

(Reuters) - Tropical Storm Katia formed over the open Atlantic Ocean on Tuesday, becoming the 11th named storm of the 2011 hurricane season, U.S. forecasters said.

The U.S. National Hurricane Center said Katia was about 535 miles southwest of the southernmost Cape Verde Islands and was moving quickly west northwestward across the Atlantic.

It was too soon to gauge the storm's potential threat to the U.S. East Coast or energy interests in the Gulf of Mexico with any confidence.

But Katia was packing top sustained winds of about 40 miles per hour and was forecast to become a powerful Category 2 hurricane by the weekend...

Tropical Storm Katia forms, likely to strengthen; tracking northeast of Puerto Rico by Sunday

A new tropical storm has developed in the eastern Atlantic Ocean and currently is headed on a path that would place it northeast of Puerto Rico by Sunday, according to the National Hurricane Center.

Forecasters haven’t projected Tropical Storm Katia’s path beyond Sunday but it is on a path that is slightly north of the one Hurricane Irene took. And the same general weather patterns remain in place that steered Irene northward and off Florida’s coast, according to the National Weather Service, Melbourne.

Katia currently is in the mid Atlantic Ocean and is on a latitude paralleling the north coast of South American. The storm has 40 mph winds and currently is moving west northwest at about 15 mph.

edit on (8/30/11) by AllSeeingI because: added info

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
With any luck it'll pass over Florida, head into the Gulf gather some moisture and rain it down upon Texas and Oklahoma. HAARP be willing.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

Will be very interesting if we see similar anomalies like were seen and discussed in this thread: They Are Steering Hurricane Irene
Perhaps Irene was phase 1, Katia will be better, faster, meaner, stronger, and steered better via HAARP? Land on NYC on 9/11... after knocking down the cracking Washington Monument?

edit on (8/30/11) by AllSeeingI because: spelling

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Bad weather does happen. I feel bad for the US having a bit of bad luck in that regards as of late.

But you can't always blame it on some unstoppable higher power like HAARP or an angry god. Makes you feel a bit powerless, doesn't it?

Just stay positive people! You'd be surprised!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RenegadeScholar

I agree. I am just tossing those items out to spark discussions. I look on the bright side, and say we are lucky to have the technology and science to observe this storm forming so far in advanced to give people time to prepare and warn.

Its all part of nature balancing herself.

edit on (8/30/11) by AllSeeingI because: clarity

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Someone oughta call on the Crazymother! - crazymother.tv...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Hurricane Katia Is Now Forming Over The Atlantic

Tropical depression 12 is working its way into a hurricane today and is expected to be anointed a proper name later this week... Looking like a classic "Cape Verde" storm, Katia could reach landfall in the Leeward Islands around Labor day.

Huffington Post: New Atlantic Storm Could Become Hurricane Katia

The U.S. National Hurricane Center in Miami said Monday the depression south of the Cape Verde Islands could reach hurricane strength Thursday, still far out in the Atlantic.

TROPICAL STORM KATIA
Public Advisory

NEW TROPICAL STORM MOVING QUICKLY WEST-NORTHWESTWARD ACROSS THE TROPICAL ATLANTIC

Daily KOS: Hurricane Katia set to form in Atlantic. Katia? KATIA? Are you freakin' serious?

Yes, we're about to have a Tropical-Storm-turned-Hurricane develop in the far eastern Atlantic Ocean named "Katia." Today is the 6th anniversary of the landfall of Hurricane Katrina on the northern Gulf Coast, and we're now talking about Katia.

You know, this is why meteorologists are in meteorology and not in creative writing or teaching Tone Deafness/Sensitivity 101. Hurricane names for the Atlantic are used every 6 years on a rotating basis, and this year we happen to have 2005's list. If you remember back in 2005, it was the most active hurricane season we've ever recorded -- we exhausted the English alphabet and had to use 6 Greek letters to name storms. When a hurricane is bad enough, they retire the name for sensitivity reasons. They retired Katrina and Rita.

What did they replace Katrina and Rita with? Katia and Rina. You've got to be burger-flippin' kiddin' me, right?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Isn't happening. Not coming this way.Stop stirring up drama. Mark my words,it's going out to sea. Revisit this post in a week or so and you'll see I'm right !

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
Daily KOS: Hurricane Katia set to form in Atlantic. Katia? KATIA? Are you freakin' serious?

Yes, we're about to have a Tropical-Storm-turned-Hurricane develop in the far eastern Atlantic Ocean named "Katia." Today is the 6th anniversary of the landfall of Hurricane Katrina on the northern Gulf Coast, and we're now talking about Katia.

You know, this is why meteorologists are in meteorology and not in creative writing or teaching Tone Deafness/Sensitivity 101. Hurricane names for the Atlantic are used every 6 years on a rotating basis, and this year we happen to have 2005's list. If you remember back in 2005, it was the most active hurricane season we've ever recorded -- we exhausted the English alphabet and had to use 6 Greek letters to name storms. When a hurricane is bad enough, they retire the name for sensitivity reasons. They retired Katrina and Rita.

What did they replace Katrina and Rita with? Katia and Rina. You've got to be burger-flippin' kiddin' me, right?

KATRINA = KAT IRENE IA
(IRENE/KATIA)
Woah....
also.... this is the same hurricane list as in 2005 with Katia taking Katrina's place.
Woah woah.

edit on (8/30/11) by AllSeeingI because: CLARITY

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Haha ok, your words are marked.
Lets hope so for Humanity's sake.
Are you a bettin man?
What odds will you take ?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Are you a bettin man?

Oh,I'm a bettin man. I'm going to say now it's a 100 to 1 shot of hitting the US.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

First off all, it takes Katrina's place because the name "Katrina" for a hurricane is retired. Just like the names Hugo, Andrew, Camille, and every other Cat 5 hurricane that made landfall and caused serious destruction and loss of life.

Secondly... your thread title is 100% premature and misleading. This storm can still go anywhere. You see the first image you linked? You see all those different color lines? Those are all possible paths that the storm could take. It is still possible that the storm remains on a southern path and hits Mexico and misses the USA completely.

and third, this has already been posted. Twice I believe.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Posted before where? I did a search before I first created, and now again after I saw your post, and still find nothing under Katia relating to this storm anywhere.

As for misleading ? No, because at its current rate if its track remains as it is it would strike the US shoreline on 9/11 give or take a day.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

First off all, it takes Katrina's place because the name "Katrina" for a hurricane is retired. Just like the names Hugo, Andrew, Camille, and every other Cat 5 hurricane that made landfall and caused serious destruction and loss of life.

Secondly... your thread title is 100% premature and misleading. This storm can still go anywhere. You see the first image you linked? You see all those different color lines? Those are all possible paths that the storm could take. It is still possible that the storm remains on a southern path and hits Mexico and misses the USA completely.

and third, this has already been posted. Twice I believe.

Star for you sir...this is exactly what I wanted to say. Like i said in my first post on this thread..stop with the drama..nobody knows where this storm is going.this thread is premature.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Its called planning ahead. The science exists to study and forecast such storms, why are you shooting the messenger, if you dont find this thread interesting go spend your time elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Are you a bettin man?

Oh,I'm a bettin man. I'm going to say now it's a 100 to 1 shot of hitting the US.

100 to 1 wow ok, well I got $5 on that. Hope you got the $500

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Its called planning ahead. The science exists to study and forecast such storms, why are you shooting the messenger, if you dont find this thread interesting go spend your time elsewhere.

Oh I do find it interesting
if it was actually a hurricane...and near the US.

As a side note,I do find hurricanes interesting and I enjoy playing around with different things to see where they are going to go.I'm just not about causing panic. FACT : no one knows where or what this storm is going to do. That's all I'm saying

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

reply to post by MrWendal

Posted before where? I did a search before I first created, and now again after I saw your post, and still find nothing under Katia relating to this storm anywhere.

As for misleading ? No, because at its current rate if its track remains as it is it would strike the US shoreline on 9/11 give or take a day.

I have to ask, and I mean no disrespect by asking, but how much knowledge of Hurricanes do you have? A Hurricane can change paths. Projections change every single day from day to day. If you look at your first image in the OP again, you will notice 2 green lines. 1 of those green lines makes a sharp turn South then back Northwest. That gives you an idea of how these storms can change paths. Also if either of those Green path lines are followed, this storm can go into the Gulf and right into Mexico missing the US completely. Same with the hot pink path line. I do admit, there is a strong chance this storm can hit the U.S., but it is premature to say right now that it is a certainty.

And below is a link to the other thread on this same topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
One more thing I would like to add if you are going to watch this storm, and I will also make a bit of my own prediction just like I did with Irene.. which I was 100% correct about.... there is a connection between the strength of a hurricane and the temperature of the ocean. Currently the middle of the Atlantic is cooler now than in previous years, which leads me to believe this will not be a Cat 5 type of event. However, it this storm does follow a southern path and hits the Gulf of Mexico, all bets are off. The ocean right now is ranging from 79-83 degrees, the Gulf is closer to 90. So if this storm does reach the Gulf of Mexico there is a very real possibility we will see some significant strengthening of this storm.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This is nothing unusual people, it's HURRICANE SEASON.

That means hey they pop up in the ocean at this time.

This won't even hit land. They are forecasting it staying off the coast.

There is nothing special or nefarious about it, it's just a hurricane that formed.

Why are people turning these hurricanes into something they are not?

You do know mother nature has been around A LOT longer than Haarp and the "evil" govt who "steers" hurricanes over metropolis areas. Mother nature happens and I'd be more worried about her than any govt agency planning hurricanes.

Why can't a storm just be that, a storm?? Why do people want to make everything into something bad?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join