It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Hurricane Katia Tracking Inbound For USA around 9/11 - Forecast to Be Major Hurricane by Sunday 9/4

page: 2
5
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I'm going to chime in..

According to the NOAA, this storm JUST overnight hit Tropical Storm status, so why are you referring to it as Hurricane if it isn't yet. Until the point when it actually does become a Hurricane it is still just a Tropical Storm, and with how long it took to gain that status after becoming a TD they may be wrong.

We all knew that someday Hurricanes would steer over the East, and up into the Northeast, and while rare, we do on occasion get them, but more importantly and people always forget this, WE GET THESE STORMS EVERY WINTER, they're called Nor'easters they bury us in snow, they knock out our power and when it melts they cause flooding. Just because they are Extratropical instead of tropical doesn't make them any less killers.




posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI
 


Let's hope this 1 keeps damage to a minimum.

On another note, it appears that ATS has forgotten how to star a post OP.



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal
 


I have a better than average grasp of weather and meteorology than most. I have a pilot's knowledge of weather, and college education related courses in weather and related studies. But thats not important, I am just a messenger of the web, bringing many sources about this story together for the benefit of ATS. So relax.

Furthermore, I never said this was certain. What I basically said was, given its current path it is aimed at hitting the US. Which is true. I never said Hurricanes cant change path. You are putting words in my mouth. I know Hurricanes projections can drastically change on a day-to-day basis, so .... your point? This thing is still worth watching. It will likely grow to Hurricane if not Major hurricane, where it goes is still anyone's guess. But again, look at the lines, only one of the many curves way off to the North. There is just as much probability of it curving south of Florida and going to Mexico.

So again, I ask, whats the harm in watching, and discussing it?



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
This is nothing unusual people, it's HURRICANE SEASON.

That means hey they pop up in the ocean at this time.

This won't even hit land. They are forecasting it staying off the coast.

There is nothing special or nefarious about it, it's just a hurricane that formed.

Why are people turning these hurricanes into something they are not?

You do know mother nature has been around A LOT longer than Haarp and the "evil" govt who "steers" hurricanes over metropolis areas. Mother nature happens and I'd be more worried about her than any govt agency planning hurricanes.


Why can't a storm just be that, a storm?? Why do people want to make everything into something bad?



Voice of reason.

Thank you.

I'll say it again,get a grip people.



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenObserver
 


Thanks, but its still early, I think we got a couple of grumps on here already who havent had their coffee yet
.
This news story just broke this morning, and is spreading across the internet like wildfire. When I first posted there was like 4 sites about it on google. 4-5 hours later now the entire MSM has it.

The NHC just broke this story this morning about 5 hours ago. Today it will be starting to pop up on TV news and build in coverage as the week goes on.

Its gonna be a Hurricane, that seems to be assured, major one is also likely. Its path however is still variable, of course, but it is tracking Irene's path and the weather conditions and wind patterns are similar,.



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
reply to post by MrWendal
 


I have a better than average grasp of weather and meteorology than most. I have a pilot's knowledge of weather, and college education related courses in weather and related studies. But thats not important, I am just a messenger of the web, bringing many sources about this story together for the benefit of ATS. So relax.

Furthermore, I never said this was certain. What I basically said was, given its current path it is aimed at hitting the US. Which is true. I never said Hurricanes cant change path. You are putting words in my mouth. I know Hurricanes projections can drastically change on a day-to-day basis, so .... your point? This thing is still worth watching. It will likely grow to Hurricane if not Major hurricane, where it goes is still anyone's guess. But again, look at the lines, only one of the many curves way off to the North. There is just as much probability of it curving south of Florida and going to Mexico.

So again, I ask, whats the harm in watching, and discussing it?


Absolutely nothing is wrong with watching it and discussing it. My point is your thread title is misleading. It clearly says this storm will hit the US on 9/11. I was replying to your post in which you asked me, how is it misleading. You have my answer, which you have just now basically agreed with by saying this storm can miss U.S. and it can change paths. So if you are admitting that it CAN change paths, and it CAN miss the U.S. by default does that not make your thread title misleading?



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal
 


It is not misleading because RIGHT NOW... it IS currently tracking towards the US. Its a fact. But read further into all the info I am providing as a service here to ATS by compiling all the websites and images into a single source and sparking a forum for discussion. I think I made it clear and we have come to a consensus that hurricanes like all weather can change its path. lets get past this and focus on the related news and weather forecasting in the hours and days to come. I mean no disrespect.



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Pffft

Some people on here really piss me off



Beleive it or not there are people in the world who take GREAT interest in weather phenomena and find this stuff fascinating. Track storms, watch anomalies and I admit to being one of them.

Even though hurricanes will not touch me here I am awed by their power and have a good idea of the shear devestation various phenomena cause.

People who dismiss these things as nothing are nothing but morons.

OP I too will be watching this closely. I saw it start to form off east africa a few days ago and the size of it has serious potential if it tracks into the islands and mainland US..

There are still problems after the last one in terms of clear-up and loss of power and lives.


edit on 30-8-2011 by EvanB because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
reply to post by GoldenObserver
 


Thanks, but its still early, I think we got a couple of grumps on here already who havent had their coffee yet
.
This news story just broke this morning, and is spreading across the internet like wildfire. When I first posted there was like 4 sites about it on google. 4-5 hours later now the entire MSM has it.

The NHC just broke this story this morning about 5 hours ago. Today it will be starting to pop up on TV news and build in coverage as the week goes on.

Its gonna be a Hurricane, that seems to be assured, major one is also likely. Its path however is still variable, of course, but it is tracking Irene's path and the weather conditions and wind patterns are similar,.


Just so you are aware, I am not grumpy at all. If anything we are closer in our opinions than you may realize. This story may be breaking now, but I have been watching this storm since it came off the African coast as tropical depression. I even posted about it being something to watch in another thread about Tropical Storm Jose in which I said that storm would stay out at sea and if people wanted to watch a storm, this would be the one to watch. Below is my post and a link to that actual thread.


Originally posted by MrWendal Easy killers.. the thread title does say "possible"
Seriously, this storm the OP is linking was a tropical depression (technically) it is currently falling apart. 3 days ago it was much more formed up. I just did some more checking around and this depression has a 30% chance of reforming. That being said, it is not expected to reform. The one to watch (if you really want to watch something) is what is right behind it. It is a large depression coming off the coast of Africa that also has a 30% to form... and it has a lot of ocean to do so. Weather Underground Tracking

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-8-2011 by MrWendal because: fixed tags



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Why can't a storm just be that, a storm?? Why do people want to make everything into something bad?


It has the potential to be a significant event. A named storm is not "just" a storm.

Thats quite an incorrect observation of my work, why would I want to make something bad out of this. Its a hurricane. Im telling you where it is and where its headed. You got me all wrong, fella. Dont shoot the messenger.



edit on (8/30/11) by AllSeeingI because: spelling



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I would not call this storm nothing either. It has a lot of potential to be huge and a lot of ocean to continue to develop. It's path will be key, if it hits the warmer water from the Gulf it can very easily gain more strength. To give people an idea of how quickly this storm is organizing here is a good image to take a peek at.

Floater 2 Infrared Image



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI
 


Thank you for changing the thread title. Now it is certainly much much more accurate.



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI
 


It's nothing unusual. You people are turning hurricanes into something they are not.

I have lived in Florida my whole life so I have personal experience and knowledge. I don't need degrees to tell me how they work. Sometimes experience is all you need


Storms get named all the time and disappear. This one is no different. It's just a named storm and it's not even a hurricane yet. It could make it there, it could not. Who knows.

All I know is after all the years of hurricane watching here I don't get too excited everytime a storm is named. If you did that you would drive yourself insane


I dont know where this one will go but Im not concerned about it right now, too many other things to be concerned with. Predicting where it will hit is like trying to find a needle in a haystack right now.

I hope it just stays in the water and doesn't hit land.....I will wonder more on Friday where it's going.

Last week we had Irene and everyone here in FL buying up supplies because everyone said OMG hurricane coming and well look it turned and never even hit us. It happens.....although being prepared is never a bad thing.


May I ask do you even live where there are hurricanes?



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
So why is everyone paying out AllSeeingI for saying that's its definitely going to hit the US when he/she openly states in the first post


Originally posted by AllSeeingI
then it could roll up the coast, on head inland, or cross Florida towards the Gulf of Mexico. Could possibly turn or fade as well.


??



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Lets all simma down now. No need to get mad over spilt hurricane.

Lets get back on track and discuss this, the science, the news, the issues.
Try and stear away from personal disagreements and semantics.
We can all be better working together!






edit on (8/30/11) by AllSeeingI because: typo



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
I'm going to chime in..

According to the NOAA, this storm JUST overnight hit Tropical Storm status, so why are you referring to it as Hurricane if it isn't yet. Until the point when it actually does become a Hurricane it is still just a Tropical Storm, and with how long it took to gain that status after becoming a TD they may be wrong.

We all knew that someday Hurricanes would steer over the East, and up into the Northeast, and while rare, we do on occasion get them, but more importantly and people always forget this, WE GET THESE STORMS EVERY WINTER, they're called Nor'easters they bury us in snow, they knock out our power and when it melts they cause flooding. Just because they are Extratropical instead of tropical doesn't make them any less killers.


Actually all current projections show this will be a Cat 2 hurricane by Thursday.



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by AllSeeingI
It's nothing unusual. You people are turning hurricanes into something they are not.

Wha!!! What do you mean you people?

Sorry I couldnt resist.



edit on (8/30/11) by AllSeeingI because: clarity



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
To give some of you an idea of why this storm is interesting to watch, and now is actually the perfect time to watch it, is based on the following projections....


Forecast positions and Max winds
init 30/0900z 11.8n 31.7w 35 kt 40 mph
12h 30/1800z 12.5n 33.7w 40 kt 45 mph
24h 31/0600z 13.5n 36.8w 50 kt 60 mph
36h 31/1800z 14.4n 40.2w 60 kt 70 mph
48h 01/0600z 15.3n 43.7w 70 kt 80 mph
72h 02/0600z 17.0n 49.5w 80 kt 90 mph
96h 03/0600z 18.5n 54.0w 90 kt 105 mph
120h 04/0600z 20.5n 58.0w 100 kt 115 mph


In the next 48 hours the wind speeds are expected to double. In 120 hours, wind speeds are expected to be at 115 mph, which would make it a Cat 3 Hurricane. You can read the latest full projection and explanation at the link below

Current Assessment



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Historical tracks of Hurricanes in August within 2 degrees of Katia...

What about Hurricanes In September though?



posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal
 


You miss my point, it isn't a Hurricane yet, but the thread title states clearly Hurricane. Right now it is a Tropical Storm, and all the speculation in the world isn't going to change that fact.

I follow these storms quite intensely when they get closer to the US coastline. My dashboard has a tropical wave applet that shows from beginning ot end, and after this weekend, i know firsthand what these storms cause, but i have to agree, it's way way way too early to be a) calling this a hurricane, when it reaches Cat1 status then fine, evenI will refer to it by Hurricane, and 2) that it's going to slam the US coastline, while it looks like it may follow Irene's path, who the heck really knows, we could get a shortwave over the northeast that steers it out, or a massive low (or high) over the lakes that overtakes it as it reaches the coast, we just really don't know.

To repeat what has been said and seemingly discounted... This *is* hurricane season, it lasts until Nov 30th and during this time we have a chance, always of a storm hitting anywhere on the east coast/gulf coast of the United States.



new topics

top topics



 
5
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join