It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LARGEST radiation release to date!!! And Fukushima radiation 168 times of Hiroshima atomic bomb!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
You realize that blogger doesn't link to NISA right? He only links to another page of his own blog...

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical

Originally posted by musashi9
Take off your tin hats people. Pumping fear when there is noting to be fearful of.
You people have been saying this for months now and guess what? there is no evidence for dangers to large populations.
Yawn!.

You do understand that it will take decades to comprehend the scale of what we are at the beginning of do you not?

NISA Mentions "Neptunium-239" in August 29 Press Conference
Now this is very curious.

The Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency (NISA)'s daily press conference is ongoing (August 29). The NISA spokesman Moriyama mentions neptunium-239's conversion ratio to plutonium-239 as 1 to 1.

According to the June 6 estimate by the NISA:

Plutonium-239: 3.2×10^9

Neptunium-239: 7.6×10^13

So, now it is:

Plutonium-239: 7.6 x 10^13, or 76,000,000,000,000 or 76 terabecquerels
The amount of plutonium-239 has increased 23,000-fold.

source

Yep, good stuff for certain.

C'mon people. This is a hoax. Why else are all of these blogs, that anyone can make for free, saying TEPCO and NISA are saying stuff, yet not linking to their websites?
I smell a hoax.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by musashi9
Take off your tin hats people. Pumping fear when there is noting to be fearful of.
You people have been saying this for months now and guess what? there is no evidence for dangers to large populations.
Yawn!.

There's no evidence of God or Allah either............ but there's a hell of a lot of people dead and more dying every day in their names

methinks quoted poster speak with forked tongue

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Ugh...

They say 10,000 millisieverts an hour...?
uh huh... so you know that probably means the real number is around 20,000.

The Japan nuclear industry isn't known for it's "telling the whole truth" (or an other country's nuclear industry for that matter).

Hence the "it's the highest our detectors can read" wiggle room excuse statement.

Just sayin'

Note that the OP stated that 10,000 was the largest reading the device used can potentially reach.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

And Fukushima radiation 168 times of Hiroshima atomic bomb

From Japan Today....................

Link

Still call Hoax???

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

So if it can't be kept out of the drinking water what will they do with all the Japanese people. The place is so small there's no where to run. Seems to me they will eventually have to leave the country, will they not ?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Nuke leak exceeds Hiroshima

By Mari Yamaguchi
Associated Press

Heard of the AP?

The Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency supplied the estimate at a parliamentary panel's request. But, it noted, a simple comparison between an instantaneous bomb blast and a long-term leak is impossible and the results could be "irrelevant.

And why would the results become irrelevant?

The report said the damaged plant had released 15,000 terabecquerels of cesium-137, which lingers for decades and could cause cancer, compared with the 89 terabecquerels released by the U.S. uranium bomb.

Simple math, not new math.

The Hiroshima bomb claimed most of its victims in the intense heat wave and neutron rays from a midair nuclear explosion and the highly radioactive fallout. No one has died from radiation leaks from the Fukushima plant, where an explosion from hydrogen buildup damaged reactor buildings

Well, that just makes me feel better. Let's look 10-15 years down the road and see what the outcome is and get back with me then.

Go study bioaccumulation.

source for all above quotes

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

I couldnt find the AP story at first.....

Thanks for supplying it quickly.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I didn't say that the 168 times Hiroshima was a hoax..that part is correct. I said when the OP says that TEPCO said that it is still leaking 10,000+ miliseiverts is the hoax(in less words.)
So unless someone can find where TEPCO actually says that, I'm considering it a hoax.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerTruths

Well BobAtHome, then enlighten me exactly what can be done to reverse what has happened? To lessen the effects of exposure? At this point nothing can be done, it's too late. We need to move on and figure out a solution for the future instead of mingling in the past of the present situation.

I think you fail to see that moving forward does not mean staying in the same place or moving back. Our nature is to learn from mistakes. We made a HUGE one. a few of them, so let's learn to better the future instead of dwelling on how bad everything seems to be.

I guess to some extent I agree that perhaps it's not best to frighten the humans. Frightened humans are difficult to control. I suspect that the real nature of this problem is beyond the comprehension of a great majority of the population. There's no need to disturb the herd with information that will disrupt order.

And I'm not saying that in jest. If humanity faces a problem that is insurmountable, there would be little benefit in disturbing the relative order that currently exists. At some point the insurmountable problem may become manifest, at which time it must then be addressed. In the meantime, just enjoy living. There will always be new episodes of Dancing with the Stars, The Bachelor, and American Idol.

On the other hand, if one possesses information about the insurmountable problem, that information can be used to make better decisions. For instance, if I knew that the probability that any child conceived on the West Coast of the US would have a higher chance of being born with birth defects, I would probably make the decision to move to the East Coast.

Learning from past mistakes is a great theory. And as individuals, some practice this theory and some don't. A study of human history indicates that humans learn nothing from history. It's also necessary to know the details of one's failures in order to prevent those failures from re-occurring in the future. If the MSM is withholding information from the public, then the only ones who are really learning from the experience are those who will make the decisions in the future. If that information is available to a broader audience, it's more likely that those decisions will benefit more people.

For example:
- For the executives and other financial stakeholders, the lessons learned from the mistake may be that they didn't do enough to control information release and create the proper spin. So, their preparations for the future would concentrate on having better contingencies for morphing catastrophic failures into "nothing to see here folks, move along."
- For the rest of the people on the planet, the lesson learned may be that we shouldn't have nuclear reactors in seismic zones that are subject to Tsunamis.

So, for my part, I'm not interested in sticking my head in the sand. I want every bit of information that I can get. As far as possible, I'll make my own decisions about where I live and what food I eat. I try to learn from my mistakes. But more importantly I want to be able to dodge the "flying feces" generated by someone else's mistake.

Dex

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
So that website says TEPCO announced this?
Then why no link to any press release from TEPCO?
show me

I'm thinking this is just a hoax. Unless someone wants to prove me wrong, by showing where on that list of press releases it says otherwise.

When I say "this," I mean this:

"...yesterday, TEPCO said it detected the highest radiation levels to date!!! ...recording 10,000 millisieverts an hour-- the maximum level the devices can even measure..."

I didn't clarify what I was talking about, because TEPCO was only cited for saying one thing. it was NISA that released the statistic of 168 times, and I never denied that. So don't try to say that I did.
edit on 29-8-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Link

The operator of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant says it has detected 10,000 millisieverts of radioactivity per hour at the plant. The level is the highest detected there since the nuclear accident in March.

Workers of Tokyo Electric Power Company, or TEPCO, on Monday measured the extremely high level of radioactivity near pipes at the bottom of a duct between the No.1 and neighboring No.2 reactor buildings.

According to the science ministry's brochure, if a human received 10,000 millisieverts, they would likely die within a week or two.

TEPCO has restricted access to the site and the surrounding area.

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Good enough,or does the leak have to be today?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Who has time to worry about old news to report like Fukishma when Hurricane Irene is so much sexier?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Strictsum

Unfortunately, other than the areas already evacuated, not much else is being done in regards to the population and radiation. They are handing dosimeters to children, but they do not alert them at any particular threshold, they merely measure the amount received. It's deplorable, but the government is treating people in the area the plume as been wafting over as guinea pigs.

As far as non-nuclear related work goes, Human0815 made an excellent post here showing some of what the rest of the clean up has accomplished.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Move people from Japan... yeah that would indeeed be a nice gesture but wouldnt cure them now would it?
My question is..where do we move the rest of the worlds population since we are all screwed regardless of what we do by now?

Not to sound too pessimistic but seriously we are dead people walking, all of us. Were going down with this planet whether we like it or not. Or should i say whether we know it or not as not everybody seem to understand what has actually happened here....

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Link

The operator of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant says it has detected 10,000 millisieverts of radioactivity per hour at the plant. The level is the highest detected there since the nuclear accident in March.

Workers of Tokyo Electric Power Company, or TEPCO, on Monday measured the extremely high level of radioactivity near pipes at the bottom of a duct between the No.1 and neighboring No.2 reactor buildings.

According to the science ministry's brochure, if a human received 10,000 millisieverts, they would likely die within a week or two.

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Again, I have good reason to question the validity of that news source. Why no press release direct from TEPCO?
Who should I believe? TEPCO's website? or the website saying they are getting information from TEPCO?

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Really, Its called trolling my friend.......

Kaku: In the last two weeks, everything we knew about that accident has been turned upside down. We were told three partial melt downs, don't worry about it. Now we know it was 100 percent core melt in all three reactors. [We were told that the] Radiation minimal that was released. Now we know it was comparable to radiation at Chernobyl. And as far as evacuation, [we were told], 12 miles and that is it. You don't have to evacuate more than 12 miles. Now they find hotspots, 4 hot spots, outside the evacuation zone. 34,000 school children now have radiation badges when they go to school.

Kaku: I am a physicists and we try to reconstruct the actual accidents in our computers given the feeble amount of information they gave use. We knew it was much more severe than they were saying, because radiation was coming out left and right. So in other words, they lied to us. They knew how much radiation was coming out. The knew how much core meltdown was taking place. But they tried to put a happy face on it.

Kaku: Within hours of the accident we now know it was like the keystone cops. People that are clueless, headless, just running around crazy, not knowing what to do. We can now reconstruct that accident minute by minute, hour by hour and we can see this chaos that erupted in the leadership ability..........

Really Ghost,I expect more out of you.Just admit your wrong,for calling HOAX,Jeez...............

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by sonnny1

Link

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Again, I have good reason to question the validity of that news source. Why no press release direct from TEPCO?
Who should I believe? TEPCO's website? or the website saying they are getting information from TEPCO?

Blatant trolling.

Troll's gonna troll I guess.

I cannot believe that an honest person would defend TEPCO after all that has happened at Fukushima.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Are you ok with CNET?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/56253e1f02f2.jpg[/atsimg]

The red spots in this image from a gamma camera show areas outside the Fukushima plant where radiation exceeds 10 sieverts per hour, which can be almost instantly lethal. (Credit: Tepco)

CNET

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
you guys should read the shows that arnt played in the u.s.a that one dude said its just floating around the atmospherse and will for a long long time... and will keep gettin worse.. and guess whos right .. look how many there are in the u.s.a :/

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join