It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain places blanket bans on street protests

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Ah yes, the loss of rights for safety sake. Remember the Patriot Act in the U.S.? Feel any safer?

Apples and oranges.

I'll put it this way - if a bunch of hooligans come my way, trashing the place and setting things on fire - I'm going to start killing some of them. I don't have time to play this whole "freedom of expression" crap. Riots are not an art form or some kind of political forum.

The government can either figure out how to keep that kind of insanity to a minimum, or keep a running tally of my body count to prosecute me later.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Right this is stupid.. We should protest!!

If you say people cant protest.. and they do... you then create a violent atmosphere, people wont not go into the streets, they will just go expecting confrontation... a rioters paradise!!!

Also as mentioned this is a London Ban, not Britain and certainley not Scotland, Wales n Northern ireland..

and finalyy anything done to prevent EDL morons kicking about the street is good with me... they are indeed thungs and generally simpletons...

On the first page someone said somthing about Islam and the Royals and other madness.. i live in the uk its really soooooo far from being all islamic and Royalist maybe small pockets of the UK but as a whole its certainley a white, slightly racist, slightly uptight country and still incredibly christian (or sudo-christian-sudo-aethiest)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
When do the Royals reassert their dominion over their subjects and convert everyone to Islam?

Multiculturalism; code word for "submit"
Coexist; code word for "submit"
Outreach, Dialog, Mutual Respect, Bridge Building; all of them code words for "submit"

Britain is submitting to Islam before our eyes. Soon it will look more like Lebanon and Albania than a proper civilized nation.

Who will be the new Islamic Spiritual Leader of this new muslim land?

edit on 28-8-2011 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

People dont get it.
This is WW III

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

You are calling EDL 'neo-nazis' and that is incorrect.

As people seem obsessed with labelling and pigeon holing everything then I suppose it is fair to say they are 'right-wing' but likening them to swastika wearing white supemecists, en.wikipedia.org... is sensationalism at best and a downright lie and deliberate fear mongering at worst.
And you know fine well that by likening them to neo-nazi's you immediately raise race issues otherwise how come the alleged similarity?

And please show me exactly where and how the EDL are trying to, or want to, impose their views on anyone.
Unlike many who oppose them the EDL has no desire to overthrow governments and impose any political or religious dogma on anyone.
They are pretty much a one trick pony with no overall political agenda other than raising awareness over their concerns about the perceived encroaching Islamification of Britain, the threat posed by Muslim extremists and the open door immigration policy adopted by recent governments.

And whether you acknowledge it or not the truth is that whilst EDL does have many faults that core message is one shared, to varying degrees, with an increasingly large proportion of British society.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
In light of recent events it was to be expected in London. We shall see how that goes..
I'm sure if the pensioners have cause to air their grievance again, I doubt they'll be stopped at the end of the end of the day. They just don't want the likes of the idiots we saw in the Students Protest & looting incidents using some ones good cause for their own jollies and turning it into a # storm.

Ah yes those "idiots" who were carefully planted in order to discredit the legitimacy of the protests,seems it worked too.
It's far too easy for the authorities here.Unless we really wake up.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join