It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Schools Teach Doesnt Matter...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
There are basic things that you can teach at home. There is NOTHING that is said that you cannot teach your children something different. You can take 5-10 minutes that can help your child to be open minded.

I understand that the school system can make a "mark" on our lives, but that is what we choose to ignore and nothing else. Our homes can make a difference, If you think about it our children are in school 8 hours a day. That is the same amount of time that you have at work, and after lets say 12 years ( K-12th) you can become manager, or higher.

YOU choose what your children learn, how they learn it, and what they do with the information.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
That's not true at all. I know a guy whose parents never sent him to school. He is a dumbas$ plain and simple. I gained alot from school. I was taught how to read, write, math, how to be social around others. Man, I could sit here all night and list things that I was taught in school. I loved every minute of it...dances, football games, seeing all my friends everyday. How can you honestly say that, did you have a horrible school experience or something?
edit on 28-8-2011 by billy197300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

Did they learned u how to become a billionaire?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by John0Doe

Sadly no, all I really found out about money from school is that girls expect you to spend all of it on them.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I completely agree. Schools are indoctrination assemblies. They fill our children
with half truths (at the most) and prepare them for a life of slavery by another name.
My child won't be taught the real truths behind the hoaxed moon landing videos,
the assassination of JFK or the 9/11 scam etc. in school. Children attend school to
be taught ignor(e)-ance.
Loving And Caring Parents Step Up To The Plate!!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
That is just as silly as the invisible lizards controlling me. You have to send your kids to some kind of school or they will grow up to be idiots. Responsible parents my arse, a parent that actually gives a squirt about their child will make sure they get a good education.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I'm having a little difficulty understanding your post.

Do you mean parents should send their kids off to school, but then, when they've returned home, augment their learning experience with a little of their own insight, so their kids won't be under the complete influence of strangers with completely different views of the world? Or are you saying education from an outside source is totally unnecessary?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by pshea38

I completely agree. Schools are indoctrination assemblies. They fill our children
with half truths (at the most) and prepare them for a life of slavery by another name.
the assassination of JFK or the 9/11 scam etc. in school. Children attend school to
be taught ignor(e)-ance.

You let them....

After all you said "They fill our children" , so I would be correct in in assuming that you sent your children to these horrid places?

Why would you send your children to these places then, it is not logical, and then said you would not..which is it?

Oh wait you don't have children, I get it you just chose to make them up to "fit in" here on ATS so that you would have something to speak out against.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Astrithr

That's what I mean. There are plenty of things that kids are taught that parents may not agree with, but without telling them, they assume that you sending them there (school) for so long the system has to be right.

We still have a shot.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

There is nothing else to say to you at this point .

NRE,

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by pshea38

be taught ignor(e)-ance.

You let them....

After all you said "They fill our children" , so I would be correct in in assuming that you sent your children to these horrid places?

Why would you send your children to these places then, it is not logical, and then said you would not..which is it?

Oh wait you don't have children, I get it you just chose to make them up to "fit in" here on ATS so that you would have something to speak out against.

No monsieur. I have a child who goes to school but since I am not with his mother,
I am treated as a second class citizen whose viewpoints don't really carry much
weight (regarding my child). I am capable of teaching my child more truth about the
world and its history than what he will learn in school, but am frowned upon because
my views do not fit in with what is taught as truth by the mainstream institutions.
Disinformation and Corruption are Rampant and Systematic, and the Educational
Establishments are Part of the System.
O.K. Bub.
edit on 28-8-2011 by pshea38 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This is a good subject and I'm glad someone else tried to bring it to light.

I started a thread a couple of months ago about whether or not we should force our kids to graduate. 12 years in the same system just for a little piece of paper? that no employer has EVER asked to see.... who made up the 12 year rule anyway? and if its 12 years, why can't they leave after 12 years regardless of the grade they are in, with a diploma of some sort?

My son failed this year, for the 2nd time. Not because he can't do the work, or doesn't know the material, but because he felt like he was wasting his time. We have discussed it at great length... he's been unable to find a job, which would be a condition of his quitting, so the current plan is for him to finish... but I don't know if I'm satisfied with that either.

I agree with him. He's almost 18 years old. He knows how to read, write, does math better than I do, has a fundamental understanding of how most things work (including conspiracies, go me!), and has a strong faith in God. I don't necessarily believe in the latter, but he's not stupid or blind about it. He has his arguments, and his questions.

My original question was "should we have to graduate" - the knee jerk reaction was ABSOLUTELY - but why? because THEY tell us this is how it has to be? I think thats BS. I think we force our children to do what we did, or what we were told to do and failed. The world is changing, and its doing it fast. When my son goes back this year, it will be all online classes. Now what if he can do 2 years of work in like 3 months? Can he graduate early?

I trust myself, I know what I managed to do without traditional graduation. I trust my son. If he tells me "high school" is not for him, he should be allowed to make that decision.

huh... commercial JUST came on my tv.... k12.com/path - online classrooms - because traditional doesn't work for everyone.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm glad I went to school personally but yeah, some lessons don't have a point.

Religious Studies? I'm not religious, never will be and think it's all man-made myths told to frighten other people into converting to the same theories. Sucked I had to be forced to be taught that once a week for 5-6 years.

I've also never done any woodwork or building/creating with plastics, haven't spoken French or Spanish since leaving school, only lessons I continued were Music and English with my songwriting and creative writing/novel attempts.

top topics

join