It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need Firefox and Chrome browser help, Please!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Here is the situation.

Youtube videos will not show in either of these browsers.

They show in IE and Safari but not these two.

Other videos show fine it is only a Youtube site issue.

It shows the window but it is black.

I have updated all the usual suspects like flash and any thing flash related but it just does not show.

If i want to watch Youtube videos I have to use IE or Safari but I prefer the ones I mentioned with the issues.

Is there something I am missing?

It has got me really baffled.
edit on 28-8-2011 by IamJustanAmerican because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2011 by IamJustanAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I would first ensure firefox is updated, still doesn't work, fully uninstall flash and reinstall it from adobe's site. Still not working, fully uninstall reinstall firefox.

edit on 8/28/11 by Cyprex because: spelling

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by IamJustanAmerican

It shows the window but it is black.

what does it say, if you rightclick on the black window ?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
no popupblockers/noscript addons running?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
plugin container.exe?

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
you're not clever enough to own either of those browsers.

please buy a mac x

(kidding, reboot, check codecs)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Hi there, my first ever post but I to had this problem with chrome! Try typing https:// before www. youtube .com, it worked for me, I think its a known issue with chrome not sure about firefox though!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

I just had the same problem last week, brought in techs to no avail, contacted my internet provider and they had it fixed within 20 mins.

So don't waste time and money trying to fix it when your internet provider knows exactly how to fix it.

I'm assuming you may be getting "404 not found" when you try getting on to Google or Youtube......
edit on 28-8-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I used Firefox for a long time and when it updated this last time, I got alot of viruses and unstoppable popups. It was completely ridiculous, I had to do away with it. Google chrome works fine for me.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Have you tried clearing your browsers cache? That will probably fix it.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
I used Firefox for a long time and when it updated this last time, I got alot of viruses and unstoppable popups. It was completely ridiculous, I had to do away with it. Google chrome works fine for me.

I don't think it was Firefox's fault. Look at the person sitting behind the keyboard for the problem lol. Stop visiting those shady p0rn/warez sites my friend lol.

You should read over this article www.cracked.com... you'll see what I mean.
edit on 28-8-2011 by IlluminatusOculus33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I think I can help, at least with firefox ... "toothpastert" was on the right track noting the plugincontainer.exe number 1 it is a mem hog, and number 2 it crashes when it conflicts with out of system processes like youtube and the like.
It must be disabled.. no eradicated... hahahaha
I built my wife and I core I3 win 7 64 ultimate boxes with 3.0 processor and 4 gbs mem and 1 tb hd drive... and still had the youtube issue drove us batty, she blamed me and cut me off till it was fixed haha (j/k honey bunny) ( after 3 re-images on each machine to no avail) I then did research on it... Found the issue followed the fix and have been angst free ever since. Here are a few links that helped me...Good luck, and let me know if these links help you at all

www.ampercent.com...

techdows.com...

forums.mozillazine.org...

Blessed Be!!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Hey I figured it out!

It was not any of the things I was told to do and look at. It was a issue with the version of FF I was using and YouTube.

YouTube started using HTML 5 and any version of FF below version 4 did not support it.

I finally upgraded pas tFF4.0 and FF 5 and went up to FF 6.0 and everything is good in the world again.

Thanks to all who gave me suggestions though all th fixes you suggested did not work because I was using an incompatible browser.

To the troll who commented on the operating system.

I never mentioned what operating system I was using.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Hey I figured it out!

It was not any of the things I was told to do and look at. It was a issue with the version of FF I was using and YouTube.

YouTube started using HTML 5 and any version of FF below version 4 did not support it.

I finally upgraded pas tFF4.0 and FF 5 and went up to FF 6.0 and everything is good in the world again.

Thanks to all who gave me suggestions though all th fixes you suggested did not work because I was using an incompatible browser.

To the troll who commented on the operating system.

I never mentioned what operating system I was using.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I am surprised no one has brought this up. But firefox takes a special version of flash. dowload this version and install it.
www.filehippo.com...

new topics

top topics

join