It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is wrong with this world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
What the hell is happening today?

Everything is related to money and everything is done today to help or to save or to grow the economic system.

For example i just saw a news report about obesity in the US and in the UK and the explenation for trying to get
rid of obesity is: "Because it would cost the budget a lot of money to provide medicine for obese people".

What the hell? So today nothing is done just to help the people unless it aids the economic system?

I propose we slowly try to detach ourselves from the economic system because it will bring our doom. I suggest everyone who reads this topic tries to stop using so much money or to spend their income on useless things and to try to grow their own food instead of buying.

Starting small today, growing big everyday.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

You are exactly right....

No one seems to want to just do for others anymore. And while yes, the billions of dollars spent annually on Obesity alone is almost completely paid for by tax payers like you and I, it is still just another example of everyone out for themselves because those taxes are just a HOLE for our government (US) to hide more of their spending and money mismanagement in.

Growing your own would help along with treating others (strangers) more kindly, as well as stop buying into Big Business's crap that we all can live without..

Not to mention we would all be at least alot healthier without the preservatives and could stick it to Monsanto at the same time. (I despise their business practices)
edit on 27-8-2011 by MRSeuphoric1 because: clarification

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Do it like japan does: Fat Tax.
^^^^^^^
Atleast that's what I've heard they do.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

Why should money be provided for obese people?

Food doesn't stuff itself down your throat...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I agree. If you make yourself fat, you should deal with the consequences. Why is it my problem if you cannot waddle past a McDonalds without stopping in for a bigmac?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
"I propose we slowly try to detach ourselves from the economic system because it will bring our doom. I suggest everyone who reads this topic tries to stop using so much money or to spend their income on useless things and to try to grow their own food instead of buying. "

Starting small today, growing big everyday.

Well seems they are cracking down on those trying to live off the grid and forcing them to bring in electric and water like this post
www.abovetopsecret.com...
people living off grid in the mountains here in west coast Ca/Or border area growing their own food, built their own homes suddenly are alos having those homes taken since they were not built with approved plans and 20k of permits. For all the years I have been here no problem the county did not care they are way out in the boonies but suddenly they are watching and pouncing on people not living in the system.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Here is a long list of organizations helping just in Africa that has nothing to do with growing the economy. Looks like your just viewing the world in a pessimistic light.

www.usaid.gov...

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Some people here are confused as i see. The obesity report was just the example that made me go all wtf
???

As for organisations that help and have nothing to do with money i beg to differ because everything is about money and economy and sh*t like that ... seriously we have created our own enslavemant by granting money so much power over our lives, money is like our prison warden that keeps us locked in our cells unable to be free...

WTF?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Because the elitest want reasons to persecute and execute. It is easier when yo convence the masses it is wrong by sticking 100 pound models on every magazine and call skin and bones normal.

Fat people should not be taxed. way to go with some profiling and prejiduce. Just make medical insurance cost more as they are a higher health risk. That is what happens to every type of insurance anyways. Even as simple as auto insurance a womans being cheaper than a mans.

OMFG ITS ALL PROFILING!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

the system is there for your enslavement....credit is an illusion of freedom,they want everone in debt,for most people once you are in there is no getting out.....

peace

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Being a libertarian at heart, I really don't care if you smoke or eat yourself to John Candy status. It doesn't affect me and these are voluntary activities. Or does it? The UK like Canada is probably facing scary projections on bankruptcy type cost going forward for medical care. And that is based on an aging population, not the obese folks.

I don't see this article as selfish at all. If you want the general public to help or assist in something, you are going to have to show them why it matters to them. There are exceptions to this rule in the case of pure compassion for innocent victims (animals and children come to mind), but if you want me to fork out money for people that eat to much, you better give me a good argument.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
What the hell is wrong with this world?

Simple...Everything. Thats the thought you should think when you go out into the world each day. Or at least thats what I do...This way when I run into someone w/ a nasty attitude or some joker in a Pontiac cuts me off I just shrug, sigh, and say: Meh thats the World for ya. Its always been this way...just try to enjoy the nice things like MOVIES...
I'm out.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

Sad, huh? To come to that realization and me, I had that realization lately, which is really sort of sad, considering I'm in my forties. Really? It took me this long? Yep, it did. But it's no less sad.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Well i had this idea for 2 years now but this was the last straw. I also tried to start a website about changing the systems today to fit the needs of the people but never knew what to call it...

And again i want to mention:

This thread has nothing to do with obese people or fat people, it is about the system today so please do not derail this thread.

top topics

join