It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror Of Horrors!!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

"I do trust many youtube videos after weighing up their evidence. And again, 7 billion square km's divided by 7 billion people does fit."

Who gave you permission to suggest using my country as your own personal breadbasket???
Most of Australia is completely unsuitable for farming and even if it was worked and irrigated to be useable it would mean the wholesale slaughter of millions of species of flora and fauna (including insects and fungus and other small organisims) many of them unique (which means countless extinctions)
This land is NOT now and never has been 'Terra Nullius'! europeans have already made that mistake once and it resulted in hundreds of extinctions and a massive act of genocide (several tens of thousands of aboriginal people)
So before you go making ignorant and deeply offensive statements you might want to engage the filter between brain and mouth.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

I won't call you names. But I just wanted to share my experience. I used to love chicken....and really, it was the only meat I liked. I thought of chickens as food and nothing more.....and thought they were stupid animals. However, one day a rooster just showed up at my house. I tried to chase him away etc.....he kept coming back. He started following me everywhere....finally, I felt sorry for him and started feeding him. He began coming up to me when I was outside and cooing like he was trying to interact with me. I began talking to him, named him, and now he is a pet, just like any other. I have taught him to flap his wings for me and "puff up" his feathers on command, he responds to me (without food)....and knows his name. He could be anywhere, and when I call his name he comes running....not for food, but to be petted. Now, I cannot eat chicken anymore...I just can't.He is hilarious! He sees me and he starts strutting and cooing and seems to be doing it in response to seeing me. I don't tell anyone else what to eat....but they are not animals without feeling....I love him just like my pet cats (who are great friends with him BTW....they SLEEP together)
About the video....I couldn't watch.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by billy197300

I won't call you names. But I just wanted to share my experience. I used to love chicken....and really, it was the only meat I liked. I thought of chickens as food and nothing more.....and thought they were stupid animals. However, one day a rooster just showed up at my house. I tried to chase him away etc.....he kept coming back. He started following me everywhere....finally, I felt sorry for him and started feeding him. He began coming up to me when I was outside and cooing like he was trying to interact with me. I began talking to him, named him, and now he is a pet, just like any other. I have taught him to flap his wings for me and "puff up" his feathers on command, he responds to me (without food)....and knows his name. He could be anywhere, and when I call his name he comes running....not for food, but to be petted. Now, I cannot eat chicken anymore...I just can't.He is hilarious! He sees me and he starts strutting and cooing and seems to be doing it in response to seeing me. I don't tell anyone else what to eat....but they are not animals without feeling....I love him just like my pet cats (who are great friends with him BTW....they SLEEP together)
About the video....I couldn't watch.

This is an important story because it shows how someone can become re-sensitized. We are far removed from our products as a culture; if it's out of sight, it's out of mind, and the finished product serves a specific purpose. If we are to evolve to a higher level we have to start thinking like this, not just about things we consider food, but everything.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Exactly....when you buy packaged meat in the store, you don't think an animal died and that's what it is. No, I'm not a PETA freak....just pointing it out. You are so right about the fact that it just gives you a different perspective. When forced to interact with "Bach" the rooster, I realized he has his own little personality, he gets happy etc....and that made me think about it. It's hard for me to eat the chicken I am cooking, when AS I'm cooking it, he is prancing back and forth by the sliding glass door, showing off and cooing for me to come out to play with him!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

My father stopped eating rabbit because he once saw a rabbit eating their newborn "children" (rabbits do that sometimes).

My grandmother had chickens and rabbits, and they all ended in the kitchen, and me, my brother, my sisters and my cousins sometimes helped, although we could never kill the rabbits, specially with the method my grandmother used, hitting them on the back of the head with her hand, like in karate.

PS: seeing a chicken run around without head is a little strange.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
So before you go making ignorant and deeply offensive statements you might want to engage the filter between brain and mouth.
I think you missed the point, it was just an example of how little land we really can use, seeing that Australia is just 1/21 of the whole land on Earth.

Or do you think anyone would really see that as a viable thing to do?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
Sorry but, I am still not a vegan. I like eggs and I like fried chicken. They arent little fuzzy people to me, they are food. I can't empathise with something that looks yummy to me. OK you can call me names now lol

There is a pretty simple answer. We have three hens- have never bred them- but they supply enough eggs for a rather large family year round. If you have a fenced yard and a small dog house, there ya go. They eat bugs, flies, snails, slugs, beetles, all that stuff that kills your plants. They take care of themselves basically. And they eat dandelions and clover along with other weeds.

We buy a bag of cracked corn for about 8 bucks every two months in the winter and a bag of vitamin supplements. We haven't had to buy eggs for 2 years now.
edit on 5-9-2011 by Stratus9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I hear ya....my grandmother killed a chicken in front of me when I was a child....it ran around the yard with no head and she had to catch it. I was screaming and hysterical....she took it in and cooked it for dinner, and I got punished because I wouldn't eat "dinner".....uggggggggggggh....it was traumatizing!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

reply to post by ArMaP

I hear ya....my grandmother killed a chicken in front of me when I was a child....it ran around the yard with no head and she had to catch it. I was screaming and hysterical....she took it in and cooked it for dinner, and I got punished because I wouldn't eat "dinner".....uggggggggggggh....it was traumatizing!

I'm sorry. We are delicate animals. Episodes like this make us what we aren't. I'm glad you could come back closer to the base primate. There are many humans traumatized and making life worse for each other.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Exactly....when you buy packaged meat in the store, you don't think an animal died and that's what it is. No, I'm not a PETA freak....just pointing it out. You are so right about the fact that it just gives you a different perspective. When forced to interact with "Bach" the rooster, I realized he has his own little personality, he gets happy etc....and that made me think about it. It's hard for me to eat the chicken I am cooking, when AS I'm cooking it, he is prancing back and forth by the sliding glass door, showing off and cooing for me to come out to play with him!

Unless it's ground meat like beef or turkey, then it comes from many animals and not just one. Ground beef is great it's many delicious cows ground up into one.

Hot dogs are good too, you get pork, chicken, and beef in one convenient form.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
The mocking posts are weird. What do the posters of such taunting derive from them?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by gentledissident
The mocking posts are weird. What do the posters of such taunting derive from them?

Because you can't reason with vegan extremist so you might as well poke fun at them.

edit on 6-9-2011 by IlluminatusOculus33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by IlluminatusOculus33

Originally posted by gentledissident

Because you can't reason with vegan extremist so you might as well poke fun at them.
You'll have to break down that logic for me.

Let's assume a vegan or vegetarian could be swayed. What would be your argument?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

I don't care how much you offered me an hour I would never step foot in a place like that.
How can you even call that a job...that's sooooo bad!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by IlluminatusOculus33

Hmmmm read my posts....I'm not a vegan....

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the Great

You couldn't pay me enough either.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

I think I used the word 'If' and it was only to illustrate (as ArMaP already pointed out, thanks for that!) the fact that there is land a-plenty. No need for you to be offended, it was not a suggestion that the whole human race should suddenly move to Australia. Christmas in summer just doesn't work for me.

Peace

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

All your posts I've seen have been trolling/mocking, with no added value. What exactly are you here for besides trying to make light of serious situations?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

If we can not treat humans with dignity what hope do animals have.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

All your posts I've seen have been trolling/mocking, with no added value. What exactly are you here for besides trying to make light of serious situations?

Some one has to shine light on the absurdity of the discussion. Humans have eaten meat since time immemorial.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25 >>

join