It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are no more heroes son.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
With the laziest president in the history of the nation at the helm. A first lady spending over 10 million usd/year on her own personal vacations, obsessive shopping and an endless array of celebrity parties.

A disillusioned and severly battle fatigued army spread all over the globe making new enemies every year. The most expensive fleet of fighter jets (Raptor) grounded due to manufacture error. Corruption running rampant in congress and wall street.

The school system, once the envy of the world, now running to the ground with only the private elite schools functioning. More poor on the streets than ever…

I could go on, but… right now USA is like a deer in the headlights. The outcome is obvious. I left this country years ago and headed to North-Europe. Perhaps its time for you to think over your own situation.

Like my old man said before he died. "There are no more heroes son. The good ones are gone a long time ago. What remains is left to the wolves."

edit on 26-8-2011 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Bit melodramatic don't you think? It is really easy to flee a country than look over your shoulder and sneer/point a critical finger at what you are leaving. How about helping by proposing a solution? Negativity is contagious, so is Positivity. I think what is wrong with this country is NARCISSISM. People are completely self absorbed and have the tech to be that way...i.e. cell phones/media players. These screens in the pocket that give people the opportunity to be completely detached from their reality and focused only on themselves is, in my opinion, disgusting. The solution is obvious, people just need to wake up and turn off the distractions and realize what matters: Family, Friends, Food, Water, Shelter. Not ME ME ME and what I want. I think people used to, say 200 years ago, value themselves and others a lot more because people literally meant more to eachother. If people layed around all day or spent eight hours a day staring at the wall, hey guess what? They would DIE! People used to mean something, today they are just a commodity....sad....wheel may be starting to turn....back to the forest???

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
The unsung heroes.......

1. Fire & Emergency services

2. Hospital emergency rooms

3. Police

4. Charity volunteer workers

5. the stranger that appears out of no where to help you

you don't have to look far and wide to see so many other heroes in our communities

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

How about helping by proposing a solution?

Sort out 9/11 will be a good start. When you cannot be honest with why you are killing there is a very big problem. With money valued more than life it is just natural for things to fall apart.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

I agree, value money more than human life and the environment, than there will inevitably be a huge problem....kind of seems like communism could be the solution....ha....

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
It is a shame you feel so...

All of the heroes I grew up with were either a hundred years old or mythical or fictional.

But they were still my heroes. I admired their ideals, their intestinal fortitude, the things they believed in...be it real or not. That is what heroes are.

I grew up reading about Daniel Boone, Davy Crocket, George Washington, Abe Lincoln, George S Patton, Robert E Lee ...

I watched movies with John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Paul Newman, Mel Gibson,...

I watch the news and read of astronauts and the Apollo missions, or our soldiers over seas, or Gen Schwarzkopf and Iran, or read about the EMS-Firefighters-Police during 911.

All of these people are heroes. Often times heroes are common people thrown into uncommon situations.

It is a shame you gave up on America...

For all the troubles brewing here...we have room for more heroes and they will come...we have heroes here that have yet to be thrust into history.

But let me assure you, when the time comes...there will be heroes here in America. Maybe the new George Washingtons and Thomas Jeffersons and Robert E Lees...

Unfortunately, your children will only read about them from European history books...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

edit on 8/26/2011 by Mirthful Me because: (no reason given)

top topics

join