It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noob haz question for ATS. Is the night sky more dark than usual?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

I live near the east coast. Im am able to see most stars nearly every night. Even the Milky way most the time. I do live on the edge of the city. but if were to drive out of the city i would be able to see a lot more stars. you also got to remembe that if you live in big cities that they will have a lot more light pollution. Light pollution, also known as photopollution or luminous pollution, is excessive or obtrusive artificial light.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

wow thx this actualy makes scene now.
way to use ur brains thx very much

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by highpriestess

i was reading up some where that in a few hundred years out maps of the cosmos might have to be rewrigten because some of the stars we see today are already burnt out. only there light is still traveling and has only reached us just now. Also said that there are always new stars so one day might see a new star in a place we never seen b4

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by champdk

what was really weird to me was last night. aug 25th. the moon didn't rise until the early morning hours, but still the country side was possibly more visible to me than it would be with a full moon. also different phases of our earth in orbit put us next to other star clusters and constellations that could possibly affect the contrast we see at night.
edit on 26-8-2011 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by champdk

I noticed the same thing over the past two nights, here on the west coast of the USA!

My best friend even commented on it before I had a chance to ask her if she noticed anything.

I can see more stars at night than usual, which is weird because the night sky over LA isn't usually good for star gazing.

Thanks for the post!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I haven't noticed anything odd about the night sky and I spend most of my outside time at night; (cig breaks while reading) However, I have noticed it definatly feels different, like the air is more still or something.Of course I'm not the most perceptive person so maybe it is different and I haven't noticed now I am curious.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The only thing I noticed yesterday was that the air was unusually still, and there were no crickets chirping at night. Usually you hear a lot of crickets and owls.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
it look normal to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join